3 key back-up questions

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Reserve Grader
1. Who replaces Tom during SOO / if injured?

Probably young Hoppa. Or Funa/ Anderson. We look very light on for fullback back-up.

2. Who replaces Jake during SOO / if injured?

Hopefully Tanginoa. Winterstein an option if Des plays him in the middle.

3. Who replaces Walker/Suli if injured or off-field problems?

Our biggest depth weakness. Probably Funa. Thomson as stop-gap for a few weeks could work. Would love to see a Manly centre smash people in defence again (e.g. Matai).

Good questions which I cannot answer other than say keep your fingers crossed re injuries especially in the backs

The who's who of your questions is who will step up from all our young players and new recruits . We have a few . Lets hope they all step up

At this stage NFI until we see them all perform in preseason trial games. It's a great question though for a Monday morning.

Probably young Hoppa. Or Funa/ Anderson. We look very light on for fullback back-up.

Our biggest depth weakness. Probably Funa. Thomson as stop-gap for a few weeks could work. Would love to see a Manly centre smash people in defence again (e.g. Matai).

At this stage FB is a concern .....

How good does Matt Wright on the money he was on ... look now .....

I would assume Garrick is first choice depth for centre. He may even get Kelly's vacant starting spot in which case maybe Suli is starting winger on right and Elliot back up winger in a reshuffle if needed. Then you have Funa and Anderson. Also have a couple of smokey's in Hoppa and Kioa. Not a lot of NRL experience there, but hopefully enough talent that will shine if given the chance.

With the new rule change re:development players and the addition of the young blokes in the top 27, I think we've got it covered.
I'm excited to see all those young blokes get a shot at some stage, hopefully we see a vast improvement in parker as he is still a concern in the 17.

At this stage FB is a concern .....

How good does Matt Wright on the money he was on ... look now .....
Some things we agree on Woodsie and some we dont
If Matt Wright was any real value he would have been kept by Des or snapped up by a real NRL club but his real value is playing in a cup level comp where he belongs .
I am 100% with Des with the squad he is building on

Some things we agree on Woodsie and some we dont
If Matt Wright was any real value he would have been kept by Des or snapped up by a real NRL club but his real value is playing in a cup level comp where he belongs .
I am 100% with Des with the squad he is building on

Matt Wright was up at the Capras negotiating 2 weeks before Des was appointed ..... but don't let reality disturb that mind of yours ....

.... and if you didn't understand the original post it was talking about depth players and back-ups .... a player like Matt on average coin that can cover wing, centre and fullback was worth his weight in unicorn skins .. ..

I would assume Garrick is first choice depth for centre. He may even get Kelly's vacant starting spot in which case maybe Suli is starting winger on right and Elliot back up winger in a reshuffle if needed. Then you have Funa and Anderson. Also have a couple of smokey's in Hoppa and Kioa. Not a lot of NRL experience there, but hopefully enough talent that will shine if given the chance.
Elliot is more experienced than Garrick and can play fullback ,wing and centre

Matt Wright was up at the Capras negotiating 2 weeks before Des was appointed ..... but don't let reality disturb that mind of yours ....

.... and if you didn't understand the original post it was talking about depth players and back-ups .... a player like Matt on average coin that can cover wing, centre and fullback was worth his weight in unicorn skins .. ..
He was negotiating with the Capras because there was no NRL interest which validates my opinion on him .

He was negotiating with the Capras because there was no NRL interest which validates my opinion on him .

Seriously .... you and I have absolutely no idea why Matt left Sydney ... none .....at his age he may just wish to get back to the bush and enjoy life .... who knows?

But just Making stuff up does not valdate anything .....

I think back up for Tom is a minor concern. We have young guys who will jump at the opportunity plus Elliott can play F/B if required. As for Jake, don't think he is as important as Tom & we have pretty good back up anyway.

I think back up for Tom is a minor concern. We have young guys who will jump at the opportunity plus Elliott can play F/B if required. As for Jake, don't think he is as important as Tom & we have pretty good back up anyway.
Young Hoppa is also known to be a gun number 1 .

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6