2nd Team

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Took my 10yr old son (knights fan) and his bronco supporting buddy to the Knights v Broncs game tonight and found myself cheering on the knights boys to take down the donkeys. This year I’ve watched every knights game with my boy and actually quite enjoyed it. Made me wonder if others had a second team, or for whatever reason developed a soft spot for a team other than Manly. Could be for whatever reason, family related like me, or just like another club. I’ll always be a die hard manly fan first and foremost but I certainly am bonding with my boy over his love of Ponga and the knights and have strangely found myself loosely following them as well.

Keen to hear hear yarns from others who might have a second side.

Shame the knights couldn’t get up tonight. They are quite gritty this year and certainly provide a bit of nuisance value. Quite like my son in that respect actually lol.
I think it’s probably because you want to see your son happy and the Knights winning would certainly do that.

Also showing an interest in his interests thats being a good dad.

Cannot stand the Eels, Roosters, Knights equally. Despise them with a passion! Most other teams are so so. This year I kinda like the Rabbitohs, but MANLY SEA EAGLES are in my blood!!!!!

Society is going weak and indeed the meek are inheriting the earth. I truly cannot understand any circumstances under which a Manly supporting dad could allow his offspring to support another team. It is a failure of monumental proportions. Not only are my two both hard core Manly fans but I've also managed to get my brother's first born (bro is a Tigers tragic) to be Manly through and through.
It's not that hard- you take them to Brooky from a young age, buy them all the necessary fandom crap, (cap, jersey, scarf and football) and then fill them up with Mr Whippy's finest. Do this for one season and if they don't commit to the Maroon and White, give them up for adoption.

Society is going weak and indeed the meek are inheriting the earth. I truly cannot understand any circumstances under which a Manly supporting dad could allow his offspring to support another team. It is a failure of monumental proportions. Not only are my two both hard core Manly fans but I've also managed to get my brother's first born (bro is a Tigers tragic) to be Manly through and through.
It's not that hard- you take them to Brooky from a young age, buy them all the necessary fandom crap, (cap, jersey, scarf and football) and then fill them up with Mr Whippy's finest. Do this for one season and if they don't commit to the Maroon and White, give them up for adoption.
Well I live in Bris and tried that. Worked for the first but not the second who’s a bit more of an individual.

Funny story with my first, he initially started supporting the bulldogs as a little fella. Reason being, he wanted a dog. My idiot brother in Sydney just to spite me every birthday or gift giving opportunity he’d by him blue and white gear as he knew I was trying to steer him to the maroon and white. Fortunately it worked after a couple of seasons.

I think it’s probably because you want to see your son happy and the Knights winning would certainly do that.

Also showing an interest in his interests thats being a good dad.
100% mate. And it helps I despise the Broncs so last night was probably the start of a tradition I’ll share with him.

Not hard is it ...I used to make my son sneak in over the fence to watch them at Brookie .... told him you don't appreciate anything if you don't work for it ...

For me, my ‘other’ team will be whoever is playing the most entertaining footy. At the moment it is Souths and the Warriors, so I enjoy watching their games.

1. Manly-Warringah

2.West Ham, Washington Redskins, Edmonton Oilers, Brooklyn Nets, Texas Rangers.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2