2025 recruitment & retention

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Ohgeez

Tough to say that a 17-18 year old who has represented Australia U18’s in Rugby last year & was in the Blues pathway program 2 years ago ‘failed’ at a team. I get people are upset about Humphreys but DCE has still got at least 1-2 years left as a top halfback in the comp, not sure Jamie would have wanted to wait until 24 years old to possibly be the future half.

I don’t know if anyone here has inside info but we don’t actually know if roosters offered him a contract, or if any other NRL team did right? (Definitely would have had some Rugby offers)

Regardless, even if he is a Roosters ‘reject’ I’m still excited to see how he develops over the next few years under one of the best Half’s in DCE. Yes I’m being optimistic but people on here are quick to remind that Preston was said to not be good enough by us + roosters now he looks like a future rep player at Dogs.

Olakua’atu was told he wasn’t good enough at Eels when he was around the same age. That seems to have worked out ok for us.

We need proven / marquee players right now, to become a contender, rather than a participator.

We HAD Latu Fainu, Kaeo Weekes, Jamie Humphreys & Jake Arthur as succession. We now have Jake Arthur and Joe Walsh (a player The Chooks didn't want & ARU convert).

Sorry if I'm not thrilled, but I'm not buying this PR stunt aimed at softening the blow. All good if you want to, I'm not criticizing you. I refuse to jump up and down and applaud anything the club does.

I want progress, improvement, a more balanced roster, better cap management, better decisions, so flame away.
I’m unsure why people get upset when we lose a reserve grade back …. We need quality forwards … don’t we?

If schuster didn’t have mental problems and was playing second row… based on the current table we would probably be top 4 !

We are not doing that bad!

Dion Johnson

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
With 27 players signed for next season in the 30, only Hoppa signed as a development player, leaves it open for a 5 spots, I think the below players have a chance on a development contract next year.

1. Kylan Mafoa
2. Devante Mihinui
3. Nicholas Lenaz
4. Caleb Navale
6. Tylor Bunting
7. James Uesele

Will be interesting on who nails a deal

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
Humphreys we re-signed for one year last November. Hasnt played firsts, hasn't locked down a steady position in reserve grade. Wasn't making the 22 till Arthur got injured.

And you think we have signed a young half to the top 30 for 3 years because he is leaving???

Did we even offer him a deal?

SeaEagleSI1

Reserve Grader

Manly Sea Eagles​

Sea Eagles 2025 Player Movements​

1. Tom Trbojevic
2. Tommy Talau
3. Tolutau Koula
4. Reuben Garrick
5. Jason Saab
6. Luke Brooks
7. Daly Cherry-Evans
8. Taniela Paseka
9. Lachlan Croker
10. Toafofoa Sipley
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Ben Trbojevic
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Jake Simpkin
15. Josh Aloiai
16. Nathan Brown
17. Ethan Bullemor

18. Ben Condon
19. Clayton Faulalo
20. Aitasi James
21. Dean Matterson
22. Brad Parker
23. Jaxson Paulo
24. Aaron Schoupp
25. Jake Arthur
26. Gordon Chan Kum Tong
27. Joey Walsh (not 100% sure if his in the top 30)
28. No player signed.
29. No player signed.
30. No player signed.

Roster spots open: 3

2025 development list
1. Lehi Hopoate

Last edited:

Dion Johnson

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member

Manly Sea Eagles​

1. Tom Trbojevic
2. Tommy Talau
3. Tolutau Koula
4. Reuben Garrick
5. Jason Saab
6. Luke Brooks
7. Daly Cherry-Evans
8. Taniela Paseka
9. Lachlan Croker
10. Toafofoa Sipley
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Ben Trbojevic
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Jake Simpkin
15. Josh Aloiai
16. Nathan Brown
17. Ethan Bullemor

18. Ben Condon
19. Clayton Faulalo
20. Aitasi James
21. Dean Matterson
22. Brad Parker
23. Jaxson Paulo
24. Aaron Schoupp
25. Jake Arthur
26. Gordon Chan Kum Tong
27. No player signed
28. No player signed.
29. No player signed.
30. No player signed.

Roster spots open: 4

2025 development list
1. Lehi Hopoate
Joey Walsh player 27 signed for 2025..

Pete W

Bencher
With 27 players signed for next season in the 30, only Hoppa signed as a development player, leaves it open for a 5 spots, I think the below players have a chance on a development contract next year.

1. Kylan Mafoa
2. Devante Mihinui
3. Nicholas Lenaz
4. Caleb Navale
6. Tylor Bunting
7. James Uesele

Will be interesting on who nails a deal
Good bunch. I'm also a little curious on the development of Dunford, and O'Donnell

JakeyB789

Reserve Grader
What are people's thoughts on a Waddell extension? Is this dependent on whether we need extra funds for a possible big scalp? I reckon he's a pretty handy back up
I thought he started the season very well but has slowly started reverting back to the player he was in his last year for us and for most of his time at the Dogs. Still a handy back up for sure and I like that he can cover both the back and front row, but I don't think he should be an automatic choice in the 17 every week over someone like Bullemor (only Waddell, Brooks & Lawton have played every in game this year)

double hoops

First Grader
Good bunch. I'm also a little curious on the development of Dunford, and O'Donnell
Dunford getting moved to prop recently is an interesting one for mine. Apparently he went well. The game is changing as far as big men are concerned. Where had doubts about him on an edge. I think he could develop into a handy new age prop.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
What are people's thoughts on a Waddell extension? Is this dependent on whether we need extra funds for a possible big scalp? I reckon he's a pretty handy back up
Credit where due, seemed a trash signing when I first heard the news but came out strongly and the Brookie game vs Penrith in particular, was excellent....then there have been a few moments with sloppy mits and poor defensive misses, that kind of reminded me of the old Waddell, but all in all if cheapish coin.....not a bad option to fill in time to time.
The Lodge experiment was definitely to be longer term, however after 2 more injuries I feel maybe will create some doubts about lengthly contracts.
Were after a very good backrower who decided against coming to Manly 2024 and though a few upgrades, should have some money to add some extra forward power for coming seasons.

silvereagle

Reserve Grader

Manly Sea Eagles​

1. Tom Trbojevic
2. Tommy Talau
3. Tolutau Koula
4. Reuben Garrick
5. Jason Saab
6. Luke Brooks
7. Daly Cherry-Evans
8. Taniela Paseka
9. Lachlan Croker
10. Toafofoa Sipley
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Ben Trbojevic
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Jake Simpkin
15. Josh Aloiai
16. Nathan Brown
17. Ethan Bullemor

18. Ben Condon
19. Clayton Faulalo
20. Aitasi James
21. Dean Matterson
22. Brad Parker
23. Jaxson Paulo
24. Aaron Schoupp
25. Jake Arthur
26. Gordon Chan Kum Tong
27. Joey Walsh (not 100% sure if his in the top 30)
28. No player signed.
29. No player signed.
30. No player signed.

Roster spots open: 3

2025 development list
1. Lehi Hopoate
Backs looking really good but very skinny on forwards beyond our 17. Not sure Condon, James and Matterson are our saviours and not sure I would be extending Lodge and Waddell...so forwards cupboard looks real threadbare to me. I do like young Navale, Dunford and O'Donnell but I think we need to procure a couple of experienced middles and at least one experienced backower for 25.

Team P W L PD Pts
15 12 3 113 28
15 10 5 108 24
15 10 5 77 24
16 10 6 195 22
15 8 7 64 20
15 8 7 40 20
16 9 7 2 20
15 8 7 -30 20
15 7 7 28 19
15 7 8 21 18
15 7 8 -47 18