2025 recruitment & retention

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

nightster

The older I get the better I was
Premium Member
Tipping Member
According to the NRL website, these 27 players are currently contracted for NRL season 2024 all but 6 of them are contracted for 2025 they are -Corey Waddell, GCKT, Jamie Humphries, Matt Lodge, Nathan Brown and Ray Vaega. Assuming they are all re-signed we have 27 plus we bring up Lehi Hopoate, Dean Matterson and Aitasi James, all three signed for 2025 as Development List players, that takes us to 30 or we leave 1 or more of them as Development players and we recruit to fill those spots – of course players can ask for a release and the club can also inform players that they are free to look at other options.

KNUCKLES

Bencher
According to the NRL website, these 27 players are currently contracted for NRL season 2024 all but 6 of them are contracted for 2025 they are -Corey Waddell, GCKT, Jamie Humphries, Matt Lodge, Nathan Brown and Ray Vaega. Assuming they are all re-signed we have 27 plus we bring up Lehi Hopoate, Dean Matterson and Aitasi James, all three signed for 2025 as Development List players, that takes us to 30 or we leave 1 or more of them as Development players and we recruit to fill those spots – of course players can ask for a release and the club can also inform players that they are free to look at other options.

I think Ben condon is off contract end of year also

Mal Cochrane

I'm not really Mal Cochrane...
At full strength, I feel the backline is strong and has a bit of depth this year. Issue will always be injuries, particularly Turbo and Saab.

The forwards, while manly have good players, is unbalanced. We need a lock with some attacking skills and another 2nd rower who offers some x factor in attack, and potentially a hooker.

3 positions to find suitable players, it's not like any overhaul is needed.

Last edited:

nightster

Premium Member
Tipping Member
At full strength, I feel the backing is strong a has a bit of depth this year. Issue will always be injuries, particularly Turbo and Saab.

The forwards, while manly have good players, is unbalanced. We need a lock with some attacking skills and another 2nd rower who offers some x factor in attack, and potentially a hooker.

3 positions to find suitable players, it's not like any overhaul is needed.
Mitch Barnett off contract at Warriors end of next season

nightster

Premium Member
Tipping Member
If we don't add some youth and some new bloody on an edge. That list seems very stale.
These forwards all under 30years of age are off contract at the end of this season according to NRL

Angus Crighton 28

Stefano Utoikamanu 24 MO

Tom Hazelton 25 CO

Brodie Jones 26

Luke Garner 28

Trey Mooney 22

Euan Aitken 28

Ray Stone 26

Liam Knight 29

Nike

Reserve Grader
We need some experienced depth (fullback) like Elliot but better who can slot in the across backs, ala Hopoate 2010/2011. I think Saab and Taulau with Garrick and Koula works well but if we lose Tommy it really roots the combinations shuffling Garrick or Koula to the back.

Apart from that we really need a marquee middle forward, even just for bench impact if Paseka and Aioli (if we keep him) continue to progress. Lodge and Sippers are hitting their prime for props so I think throwing in a genuine contended will unlock some of our other forwards who can plod a bit.

Lodge is young and has done some pretty horrible things, but he's a good footy player and has shown it. He needs to find that mentality again and step up because our current leader appears to be Jake who just doesn't command that respect, respectfully. We don't need the self appointed preacher Aloiai to inch any closer by default either.

Just my $2.45 (accounting for inflation).

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
I don't get the Schoupp signing. He's average at best. We have Rubes & Koula starting. Backups Burbo, Talau, Hodgson & Parker.
I’m not exactly frothing over the new signing… that said… Rubes is a better winger, Burbo is no centre (fill in when needed), Parker is probably not a realistic option assuming he has been putting on some weight for back row transition, Hodgson… yeah nah, and arguably Koula may well be better suited to FB for us. The only one I see as a decent centre option is Talau, and we seem determined to play him on a wing instead.

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
I know he's a bit of a dickhead, but every club has a few. But let's get Brandon Smith in the 9. Help him lose some weight. Get some spark and mongrel in at 9
Way too much nose candy enamour for my liking… and based on that, I’d be surprised if he ever left the roosters until he was genuinely ready to deal with it. Just my opinion.

Ryan

Journey Man
When it comes to retention ,letting dylan walker go seems a poor move. Not sure why he isnt in origin calculations TBH
Or AFB for free, Or B Kelly for free, Or Clinton Gutherson for free, Or Nycho Hynes for free, Or Kaeo Weekes for free, Or Jesse Ramien for free, Or the Hopoate's, Fainu's, Fifita's, Tuitavake's etc etc etc.

We get:
Schoupp - couldn't crack Titans first grade
Woods - free throw in when we gifted Dragons Fifita / Tuitavake
Condon - played 2 games (0 mins) in the year before signing with us
Lodge / Brown - unwanted by clubs - due to injury, form, other (aren't they both injured)? LOOOL
Brooks - offered a 50% contract by Tigers and forced to sign (or they'd move on)
Arthur - let go by Eels mid contract
Paulo - I SO wanted him to succeed, but I don't think I've EVER seen a softer player
Talau - jury is out, but he looks good.
James - Possibly the worst forward I've ever seen in NSW Cup. E-V-E-R
Waddell - Seriously? Thankfully moved back to bench (closer to where he belongs)

Come ON recruitment. Are you ****ing serious?

Nordburg

First Grader
Or AFB for free, Or B Kelly for free, Or Clinton Gutherson for free, Or Nycho Hynes for free, Or Kaeo Weekes for free, Or Jesse Ramien for free, Or the Hopoate's, Fainu's, Fifita's, Tuitavake's etc etc etc.

We get:
Schoupp - couldn't crack Titans first grade
Woods - free throw in when we gifted Dragons Fifita / Tuitavake
Condon - played 2 games (0 mins) in the year before signing with us
Lodge / Brown - unwanted by clubs - due to injury, form, other (aren't they both injured)? LOOOL
Brooks - offered a 50% contract by Tigers and forced to sign (or they'd move on)
Arthur - let go by Eels mid contract
Paulo - I SO wanted him to succeed, but I don't think I've EVER seen a softer player
Talau - jury is out, but he looks good.
James - Possibly the worst forward I've ever seen in NSW Cup. E-V-E-R
Waddell - Seriously? Thankfully moved back to bench (closer to where he belongs)

Come ON recruitment. Are you ****ing serious?
Tuitavake and Fifita are really killing at the high flying Dragons.
Where’s Weekes going to play when Fogarty returns and Sanders comes to Canberra?
Not saying the blokes they’ve signed are any good,aside from a few,but those that have been released aren’t setting the world on fire and the club/coach are in a win now mode given the likes of Jake,Tom and DCE

Members online

No members online now.
Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
12 8 4 100 18
12 7 5 64 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 7 5 -37 16
12 6 5 36 15
13 7 6 133 14
12 6 6 77 14