2025 recruitment & retention

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

The Who

Journey Man
Adam Doueihi is an interesting recruitment option. When he was fit he was a terrific and versatile player; someone who would fit into our backline. He's off contract at the end of the season and the Tigers are reportedly only prepared to offer him a base contract because of concerns about his ACL issues. There is a good chance he'll never recapture his form.
It's a gamble; much like recruiting The Shoe.

Eagle thru 'n' thru

Reserve Grader

The Who

Journey Man
Coming back after his 3rd ACL ...passing.
Obviously a club would need to check him out medically, and then have a series of upgrades in the contract, such as when he makes First Grade, and then reaches certain milestones.
I'm thinking that he could make a good lock. He's quite a big guy and is tenacious. It wouldn't matter so much if he's not as agile as he once was. He wouldn't have to play in the backline.

Rocky

Bencher
Obviously a club would need to check him out medically, and then have a series of upgrades in the contract, such as when he makes First Grade, and then reaches certain milestones.
I'm thinking that he could make a good lock. He's quite a big guy and is tenacious. It wouldn't matter so much if he's not as agile as he once was. He wouldn't have to play in the backline.
I'm all for him coming to the club. The injuries are a concern but if Manly can get him for a reasonable number, then it is worth a punt.

Ryan

Journey Man
3rd ACL (hugely injury prone)
Massive contract downgrade
Potentially unwanted / washed up
Tigers Reject
Likely slowing down substantially

Doueihi HAS to be on our recruitment and retention radar ! He fits our current and present strategy perfectly.

Eagle 1

First Grader
If it was me I would be trying to get both Jaydn Sua and Hopgood who is only 24. Forget about Brown while he's been good for us he gets hurt to often and we have enough of them.
Sad but true in Brownies case, but I'm all for keeping him on the same coin he's on now.

JakeyB789

Reserve Grader
We haven't really been active in the player market since 2016. To be fair that year was a real changing of the guard with most of our premiership core moving on or coming to the end of their careers, but we picked up some actual rep quality players like AFB, Walker, Koroisau, Taupau who we all got some good years from. Mind you there were some absolute duds including Myles and especially the absolute clown of a head coach but it's hard to imagine it's been 8 years since we've signed anyone that other teams would also be chasing. Just look at our signings over the last 3 years:

Brooks - probably our biggest name signing since but still no finals or rep games in over 200 games
Talau - done well for us so far but was a poor performer in the worst side in the comp
Paulo - cut from Souths and Roosters, first few games for us showed why
Waddell - inconsistent in a poor Bulldogs team, seemingly only brought back due to his sister
Brown - outstanding in the few games he's played for us, but body seems to be breaking down
Lodge - 4th club in 5 years, early signs were good but I think the ACL may have ruined him
Tuilagi - another from the wooden spoon Tigers and lasted one season for us
Woods - less said the better
Arthur - TBC, need to see how he plays over Origin in DCE's place (might actually be better for us)
Johns - now a radio host
Condon - slow middling forward that isn't good enough to get out of Blacktown
James - as above
Bullemor - the right kind of signing for us, has been a bit inconsistent but mostly solid and still has potential to get better imo

I would love to work out what's going on with the roster now because by my count we have 26 spots filled of the top 30, the likes of Woods, Matterson and drug dealer Wakeham who aren't in the 30 are on our extended bench and we had to have freed up some sort of money from releasing Schuster. I don't think any other team in the NRL are in a position like ours and yet we seem to be doing absolutely nothing!?

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I don't think any other team in the NRL are in a position like ours and yet we seem to be doing absolutely nothing!?
Our recent signings have only been announced when they're done, which is way better than the leaking of rumours about who we're negotiating with, etc, that used to occur. I'm sure Manly's not "doing nothing" in fact I'd be amazed if we haven't got a couple of decent targets we're working on. Tough hard-working forwards I'd say.

Terry Zarsoff

First Grader
Our recent signings have only been announced when they're done, which is way better than the leaking of rumours about who we're negotiating with, etc, that used to occur. I'm sure Manly's not "doing nothing" in fact I'd be amazed if we haven't got a couple of decent targets we're working on. Tough hard-working forwards I'd say.
Call it the ‘Fulton-Peters shut out factor’.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
3rd ACL (hugely injury prone)
Massive contract downgrade
Potentially unwanted / washed up
Tigers Reject
Likely slowing down substantially

Doueihi HAS to be on our recruitment and retention radar ! He fits our current and present strategy perfectly.
Hasn’t been in trouble off the park so that’s a strike against him

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 135 14
12 7 5 57 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 6 5 36 13