Announcement 2023 Tipping Comp Now Open

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I just joined and I can't see where to enter my tips

Hi Vicki,

As Dan said, there's some instructions (copied below) that should help:

How to Join
1 - go to ( clicking this link takes you there ->) https://silvertails.net/account/upgrades
2 - Purchase the 2023 Tipping Comp Upgrade, then...
3 - Go to (or come back here and click this link ->) 2023 Silvertails Tipping Comp - Week 1 Results
4 - Click on "Join Pool" on the upper right of the screen
5 - Enter your tips (by clicking on the 'manage my tips' button, as shown above)

I think next year we might increase it higher to see if that helps. I am always hesitant to charge you guys anything.

As for premium membership, it essentially removes all the advertising. I might start looking into other bonus purchases as well to help out, maybe micro purchases here and there.

I was toying with the idea of a chaos forum that you can purchase into and you have the right in there to temporarily delete replies to your posts, but they eventually come back after n hours. Mostly would be utter chaos but could be some fun as well
Chaos forum does very little for me. Maybe tier the membership, bronze to remove ads, silver adds custom reactions, gold super prestigious avatars. Just throwing out ideas.

Keep it fun and add options.

Chaos forum does very little for me. Maybe tier the membership, bronze to remove ads, silver adds custom reactions, gold super prestigious avatars. Just throwing out ideas.
It's more I don't know what you all see as valuable but I will look into it

It's more I don't know what you all see as valuable but I will look into it
Must be tough. Some of my suggestions could possibly turn people off.
The most valuable part of this site to me is getting to know other diehards and sharing opinions.

Must be tough. Some of my suggestions could possibly turn people off.
The most valuable part of this site to me is getting to know other diehards and sharing opinions.
I once thought about a premium member forum but decided doing that would stifle discussion in the main forums

Seriously there are people who post on here every second day - or more!! who haven't yet signed up to the tipping comp. If you really cannot afford it that is totally OK,

season 8 friends GIF

but for the rest of you, think about what you gain from this site's existence!

You get the footy news, here, first! Because someone will post it here almost immediately if it is happening in the world of rugby league. Or even in the world of gay rights or court reports, pretty much everything is right here at the touch of a button, footy-related, sport-related, even just as a distant second cousin!

breaking news trinity GIF

You get to comment! Whatever your view, you can tell us and someone will come back at you with a like or a disagree or maybe an Ironstine, but either way it is a reaction. From a Human! None of this ChatGPT robo-relationships here, lol, we are all* bone fide humans and the relationships though remote and largely anonymous are real and human.

Community Engagement GIF by Women Engaged

And have a laugh! Who amongst us has not groaned inwardly at the latest @Shoe1 pun, @manlyfan76 dubious link, or @philasophigas latest book? If you have the right attitude, the laughs here just keep on coming.

Amy Poehler Wow GIF by Sisters

So come on! You all know @Dan has more kids now than Kieran Foran, that's a lot of mouths to feed. He keeps this site going out of a sense of history and love of the Sea Eagles, and the infinitessimal chance that one day the site will be worth money. Meanwhile, it costs money. And time. Dan puts in, for your entertainment and Manly experience. Time for you to put in too!

Starz Pay Me GIF by Power Book II: Ghost

And don't forget, there are serious prizes* to be won here. But what could be worth more than the warm fuzzy glow that comes with knowing you are a true contributing member of this great site, and ... possibly ... it's smartest judge of rugby league? That is something to hang your hat on forever!

Season 6 Dancing GIF by CBBC

So come on you stragglers, as I think @globaleagle has alluded to earlier, tempting bank interest rates are a valid reason to keep your money there till the last moment, but - newsflash - the moment has come, comp kick-off can be counted down in hours now not weeks or months!

Do It Please GIF by Rosanna Pansino

OK you all know what to do, carry on now and enjoy your evening! :)

So Good Wow GIF by NBC

*this may not be entirely true

Last edited:
I could always make it so that everyone can see the premium forum but only premium members can post and reply
I think it’s one of those “ no need to redesign the wheel “ things, meaning what you have is good.

It’s just trying to get a greater number participating in a financial sense.

I think the mods just need to do a thread every so often promoting the Premium Membership , it would be great if the bulk of people using the forum , were Premium

The only thing you could consider is , free membership to view , but if you want to participate in the discussions, you pay!!

Maybe $25 basic membership ( can post but still get advertising), Premium $50, no advertising.

You a terrible tipster , try me!!

I look at it as a bit of fun , and financial support.

By the way , you can always join , pay , and forget about it !!
There may be more competition for who comes last, not first (disclaimer, I've been in a tipping comp once....I came last...).
In a completely unrelated note, is there a prize for last place?

There may be more competition for who comes last, not first (disclaimer, I've been in a tipping comp once....I came last...).
In a completely unrelated note, is there a prize for last place?
You get to brag about it !!

Seriously there are people who post on here every second day - or more!! who haven't yet signed up to the tipping comp. If you really cannot afford it that is totally OK,

season 8 friends GIF

but for the rest of you, think about what you gain from this site's existence!

You get the footy news, here, first! Because someone will post it here almost immediately if it is happening in the world of rugby league. Or even in the world of gay rights or court reports, pretty much everything is right here at the touch of a button, footy-related, sport-related, even just as a distant second cousin!

breaking news trinity GIF

You get to comment! Whatever your view, you can tell us and someone will come back at you with a like or a disagree or maybe an Ironstine, but either way it is a reaction. From a Human! None of this ChatGPT robo-relationships here, lol, we are all* bone fide humans and the relationships though remote and largely anonymous are real and human.

Community Engagement GIF by Women Engaged

And have a laugh! Who amongst us has not groaned inwardly at the latest @Shoe1 pun, @manlyfan76 dubious link, or @philasophigas latest book? If you have the right attitude, the laughs here just keep on coming.

Amy Poehler Wow GIF by Sisters

So come on! You all know @Dan has more kids now than Kieran Foran, that's a lot of mouths to feed. He keeps this site going out of a sense of history and love of the Sea Eagles, and the infinitessimal chance that one day the site will be worth money. Meanwhile, it costs money. And time. Dan puts in, for your entertainment and Manly experience. Time for you to put in too!

Starz Pay Me GIF by Power Book II: Ghost

And don't forget, there are serious prizes* to be won here. But what could be worth more than the warm fuzzy glow that comes with knowing you are a true contributing member of this great site, and ... possibly ... it's smartest judge of rugby league? That is something to hang your hat on forever!

Season 6 Dancing GIF by CBBC

So come on you stragglers, as I think @globaleagle has alluded to earlier, tempting bank interest rates are a valid reason to keep your money there till the last moment, but - newsflash - the moment has come, comp kick-off can be counted down in hours now not weeks or months!

Do It Please GIF by Rosanna Pansino

OK you all know what to do, carry on now and enjoy your evening! :)

So Good Wow GIF by NBC

*this may not be entirely true

I have avoided the tipping comp and associated thread for years after a poster, whom I have blocked for years put me off it, not sure if he still carries on like a dik about the tipping comp ( and other stuff) as he is blocked and the site is better that way. I never put tips in anyway as I don't follow other teams enough to know what's going on other than at Manly.

I have avoided the tipping comp and associated thread for years after a poster, whom I have blocked for years put me off it, not sure if he still carries on like a dik about the tipping comp ( and other stuff) as he is blocked and the site is better that way. I never put tips in anyway as I don't follow other teams enough to know what's going on other than at Manly.
Not currently.

I look at it as a donation to keep the place running , Premium Membership would be another option for you.

Otherwise it’s the land of InstaTwitFace and that’s a minefield.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8