2023 Team

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Still have plenty of faith in Paseka, team selectors obviously do as well , Very unhelpful run with injuries the past couple of seasons and certainly hope that can change . Jake looks like being a start up as prop now and not sure whether whether Tent is best starting or a prop sub off the bench Keppie being looked at as a 13 now changes the complexion again for prop roles and also with Alioia behind the eight ball a bit right now . Definitely not lacking competition for prop spots though with Fifita , Bulemor , Sipley and Condon pushing for spots also . Sykes did quite well in his hit out stint and sure will not lack commitment going forward although not in the top squad admittedly
Wasn’t injured on Friday night , and looked like he wouldn’t blow the froth off a flat white!!

Let’s see , but if he doesn’t perform , he needs to be dropped , and quickly.

Johns is not in the same class as Schuster but provides good depth. If Schuster's calf muscle doesn't come good in time for round 1 then I expect that Johns will get a start but Schuster will be straight back in when fit. Aloiai is not fit enough to be in the 17 yet on what I saw against the Roosters. He looks heavy and slow. I'd rest him this week and get him fit for round 3 after the bye. Parker is gutsy but I can't remember the last time he made a line break and last season he scored one try. Sides need to be picked on form not history and reliability. Weekes and Koula are a mile in front on form. Paseka is perplexing. It frightens me because it reminds me of T-Rex because I expected a lot more than he actually produced. I hope they can find a way into his head and get him firing.

Is the schu injured I wasn’t aware of that ?

Wasn’t injured on Friday night , and looked like he wouldn’t blow the froth off a flat white!!

Let’s see , but if he doesn’t perform , he needs to be dropped , and quickly.
Sad but true, didn't help getting the ball only 1metre back, makes for an easy tackle on a big guy. Someone needs to get in his ear, run onto the ball of a 5meter run. See what happens Sat week, we can only hope.

Gee people are harsh on Paseka here, the Roosters trial was his first game back in about 7 months after an injury and he still made the most metres of any of our forwards bar Keppie. Even with his relative lack of aggression I still think he is the best prop we have in the squad, as he showed in 2021.

Seibs has also talked about him becoming one of the top props in the game so I think with that kind of faith and regular gametime he will flourish. Certainly better than last year where he had to deal with injuries and a coach that wrongly had him playing for Blacktown.

Gee people are harsh on Paseka here, the Roosters trial was his first game back in about 7 months after an injury and he still made the most metres of any of our forwards bar Keppie. Even with his relative lack of aggression I still think he is the best prop we have in the squad, as he showed in 2021.

Seibs has also talked about him becoming one of the top props in the game so I think with that kind of faith and regular gametime he will flourish. Certainly better than last year where he had to deal with injuries and a coach that wrongly had him playing for Blacktown.
I agree. Paseka has a few more gears i think. Why he hasnt reached that level yet.. not sure. Hopefully Seibs can get the best out of him. or Spud if hes working with him now.

Our props are our weakness now. Paseka Keppie need to step up.

1 Turbo
2 Tippytoes
3 Weekes/Garrick
4 Koula
5 Garrick/Weekes
6 Shu
7Chez
8Aloia
9 Croker
10 Keppie
11 Oka
12 Tuligi
13 Jake

14 Gkct/Roache
15 Paseka
16 Toff/Bully
17 Fulton/Condon
With Jake and Croker able to play big minutes I don't see the need for 3 big bench players ,need to speed the ruck up and more ball play through the middle, very pedestrian last year opposition new what was coming and just Teeing Off on our middle forwards
I would go with this first few rounds and see how it fares.

1.Turbo
2.Tui
3.Weekes
4.Koula
5.Garrick
6.Schuster
7.Cherry
8.Trbojevic
9.Croker
10.Paseka
11.Olakau'atu
12.Tuilagi
13.Keppie

14.GCKT
15.Fifita
16.Fainu
17.Aloiai

we just want him to realise how big he is

We need the players to play in their best positions .Other clubs are waiting for us to make the wrong selections and they will come in with $$$ for our youngsters .
My team for the Bulldogs game ;

Tom
Garrick
Tuipulotu
Parker
Tolu
Schuster
Evans
Paseka
Croker
Keppie
Haumole
Tuilagi
Jake

Weekes
Fifita
Sipley
Condon

reserves
Gordon
Bullemor
Yep I am a fan of Tuipulotu at left centre, Parker and Condon I wouldn’t have in the top 17 though.

I
I would go with this first few rounds and see how it fares.

1.Turbo
2.Tui
3.Weekes
4.Koula
5.Garrick
6.Schuster
7.Cherry
8.Trbojevic
9.Croker
10.Paseka
11.Olakau'atu
12.Tuilagi
13.Keppie

14.GCKT
15.Fifita
16.Fainu
17.Aloiai
Named that team before the trials,so my side has changed,if Gordie can't play before round 11 and I don't know what is happening with Roache
1 Turbo
2 Tippytoes/ Veaga
3 Parker
4 Koula
5 Garrick
6 Shu
7 Chez
8 Keppie
9 Croker
10 Paseka
11 Oka
12 Tuilagi
13 Jake

14 Weekes
15 Fulton/Bully
16 Aloia
17 Fifita
With Lawton coming back and Fainu I think it will push Jake into the prop , When Gordie is available he will be 14 ,Weekes will have to move to wing or centre ,lots of competition for a spot in the 17 which is great

Screenshot_20230221-193010.png

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6