2023 Team

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Apart from anything else Parker is great for getting us off our line, because we get at least 1 or 2 leg-up penalties each game when he gets whacked in the head. It's strange, but no oppostion can resist the urge to hit him high. Some weird sort of magnetism at work, no doubt.
And yet he still does it at full pace. He adds character to the team, that's for sure. But unfortunately for him, he is really just keeping the seat warm for Myers, I'd say. I can't see him wanting go back to Blacktown level so unless he transitions to the forwards, he'll probably move on.

Agree on Garrick, his our best winger, moving him doesn’t strengthen the side, therefore makes no sense, then we also need to replace him with ???? Garrick’s untried in the centre’s and has possible defensive question marks.

On Weekes far too talented to leave out, his support play, speed, skill set, cover for Tom are all to valuable, he injected himself into the game the other night, like a typical FB (because he is one) he followed the ball and provided 3 try assists, should be starting in IMHO, so where? Well most won’t like it and I think I agree it may be hard to swallow, but at 1, Tom is probably the best FB in the world and should play there, but Garrick on the wing is best for the team, Tom can and has excelled in the three quarter line, ( his proven there and is unquestionable a better option than Parke, Garrick or Weekes) I wonder if Weekes and Turbo could operate in a NFL style way, role sharing the between the 3 and 1? Would sure keep the opposition guessing and take some of the predictability away from closing Tom out. Give turbo the license to roam in offence, as per SOO.

Weekes is to good to be a depth player and will be stolen if his not given the opportunity to hold down a spot in the starting 13, I believe his development will reap us far greater rewards than sticking with the tried and tested, it pretty obvious he has a high ceiling, don’t want to see the Gutherson/Hynes Syndrome bit us again.

Tom would defensively strengthen us in the three quarter line, especially in D, but I totally get it, how do you move him from FB? He wants to play FB, rightfully sees himself as a FB and deserves to play there, the million $ question remains though, what gives us the stronger side?

A similar case could be built around Fifita, here’s an even more controversial one, we lack a dominant prop, thing is we potentially have one, it just so happens his also becoming one of the most destructive edge forwards in the game, again what’s best for the team? Quac could be the aggressive 80 min prop we so badly need, which would allow Fifita to play as edge forward, physically it makes sense, I haven’t seen enough of Fifita‘s game to say he may offer us something extra in that role, again, it comes down to a question of what makes us a stronger side? More a case of the team first as opposed to the individual!

We could field this side, it’s a sweet backline and possibly a more aggressive pack.
1 Weekes/Turbo
2 Saab ( pick one until Saab returns, possibly Tui, but has major defensive issues and a speed? )
3 Tommy/Weekes
4 Pepsi
5 Garrick
6 Shoe
7 DCE
8 Guac
9 Frog
10 Jake
11 Fifta
12 Kelma
13 Keppie until Lawman returns (his the workaholic with the speed and an 80 min game to keep us competitive at 13)

Bench depends on who we play, either 3 big men or an extra utility type.
14 Gordie ? Contract details pending.
15 Burbo ? ( Keppie if Lawman nails down 13 and we play 3 middles)
16 Paseka
17 Sipley / Keppie ( pending selections) / JA (Still think we need another prop (maybe Boyle if he ever gets to play, or offload one) to harden our engine room, would love to see us do what’s necessary to get Fleggler here next year, kind sad we resigned JA his money would be better invested into an alternative, watching Spencer yesterday, if the dogs don’t get him he would also be worth chasing)

Just my 20 cents worth, I’m sure there will be plenty of rejection on those couple of key positional swaps, anyway felt like throwing it up, apologies for the essay.
Love reading essays especially when they’re well thought out. Lots of merit in what you say but moving Tom and Guac(who I doubt could play 80 in the middle), to accommodate two players with little to no NRL experience is not something any NRL coach would consider.

Weekes and Fifita along with GCKT have shown plenty of promise but I still think it’s better to bring them along slowly. Let them push for starting spots from the bench. If they are as good as we think it won’t take them long to force Seibs to start them.

Last edited:
Love reading essays especially when they’re well thought out. Lots of merit in what you say but moving Tom and Guac(who I doubt could play 80 in the middle), to accommodate two players with little to no NRL experience is not something any NRL coach would consider. Weekes and Fifita along with GCKT have shown plenty of promise but I still think it’s better to bring them along slowly. Let them push for starting spots from the bench. If they are as good as we think it won’t take them long to force Seibs to start them.
Yep, I don’t disagree with any of that, just nutting over some ideas, my main concern however is making sure we find a place for Weekes, ( Gordies locked in for next year) however I think Kaeo is ready now and I would hate to see him poached with the promise of a starting role elsewhere. I guess as long as he makes the 17, probably in the 14 and fills a utility role similar to Paps, he can do the same as Paps and press his claim for a starting role.

I guess the big thing is where the club sees him moving forward, his got a future that I’m sure of, hopefully we can lock his services up ASAP.

Yep, I don’t disagree with any of that, just nutting over some ideas, my main concern however is making sure we find a place for Weekes, ( Gordies locked in for next year) however I think Kaeo is ready now and I would hate to see him poached with the promise of a starting role elsewhere. I guess as long as he makes the 17, probably in the 14 and fills a utility role similar to Paps, he can do the same as Paps and press his claim for a starting role.

I guess the big thing is where the club sees him moving forward, his got a future that I’m sure of, hopefully we can lock his services up ASAP.
He'll get plenty of game time weather coming of the bench or as cover for the inevitable injuries that usually befall us.

Rember

14 can be an incredibly important position these days, Walker played 40-60 min last year. Almost all the good things Weekes did in the trials were backing up through the middle. He will be perfect to bring on whenever we wanna push the tempo through the middle.

Agree on Garrick, his our best winger, moving him doesn’t strengthen the side, therefore makes no sense, then we also need to replace him with ???? Garrick’s untried in the centre’s and has possible defensive question marks.

On Weekes far too talented to leave out, his support play, speed, skill set, cover for Tom are all to valuable, he injected himself into the game the other night, like a typical FB (because he is one) he followed the ball and provided 3 try assists, should be starting in IMHO, so where? Well most won’t like it and I think I agree it may be hard to swallow, but at 1, Tom is probably the best FB in the world and should play there, but Garrick on the wing is best for the team, Tom can and has excelled in the three quarter line, ( his proven there and is unquestionably a better option than Parker, Garrick or Weekes) I wonder if Weekes and Turbo could operate in a NFL style way, role sharing the between the 3 and 1? Would sure keep the opposition guessing and take some of the predictability away from closing Tom out. Give turbo the license to roam in offence, as per SOO.

Weekes is to good to be a depth player and will be stolen if his not given the opportunity to hold down a spot in the starting 13, I believe his development will reap us far greater rewards than sticking with the tried and tested, its pretty obvious he has a high ceiling, don’t want to see the Gutherson/Hynes Syndrome bit us again.

Tom would defensively strengthen us in the three quarter line, especially in D, but I totally get it, how do you move him from FB? He wants to play FB, rightfully sees himself as a FB and deserves to play there, the million $ question remains though, what gives us the stronger side?

A similar case could be built around Fifita, here’s an even more controversial one, we lack a dominant prop, thing is we potentially have one, it just so happens his also becoming one of the most destructive edge forwards in the game, again what’s best for the team? Quac could be the aggressive 80 min prop we so badly need, which would allow Fifita to play as edge forward, physically it makes sense, I haven’t seen enough of Fifita‘s game to say he may offer us something extra in that role, again, it comes down to a question of what makes us a stronger side? More a case of the team first as opposed to the individual!

We could field this side, it’s a sweet backline and possibly a more aggressive pack.
1 Weekes/Turbo
2 Saab ( pick one until Saab returns, possibly Tui, but has major defensive issues and a speed? )
3 Tommy/Weekes
4 Pepsi
5 Garrick
6 Shoe
7 DCE
8 Guac
9 Frog
10 Jake
11 Fifta
12 Kelma
13 Keppie until Lawman returns (his the workaholic with the speed and an 80 min game to keep us competitive at 13)

Bench depends on who we play, either 3 big men or an extra utility type.
14 Gordie ? Contract details pending.
15 Burbo ? ( Keppie if Lawman nails down 13 and we play 3 middles)
16 Paseka
17 Sipley / Keppie ( pending selections) / JA (Still think we need another prop (maybe Boyle if he ever gets to play, or offload one) to harden our engine room, would love to see us do what’s necessary to get Fleggler here next year, kind of sad we resigned JA his money would be better invested into an alternative, watching Spencer yesterday, if the dogs don’t get him he would also be worth chasing)

Just my 20 cents worth, I’m sure there will be plenty of rejection on those couple of key positional swaps, anyway felt like throwing it up, apologies for the essay.
Good line of thinking . In regard to Guac , maybe when A F B moved on , would certainly or probably could have been worth a look then seeing how he may have gone as a prop . Just seems to be Manly "s best forward to make something happen and has shown it consistently for a few seasons on an edge . Best value does seem to be there . Easiest option to try and accommodate Kaeo would be to play Shu as 13 and him at 6 but the trials were the place to experiment for that in a realistic sense . Swapping roles with Turbo in a centre - full back sequence , not without merit . Probably hard in the full context of a game though . Don't mind going with the notion of picking your best 17 and finding positions for them and no doubt could easily justify Kaeo as the 14 but not sure if it would be sustainable for both parties over time . Conversely sure that the coaching staff would have a quite good assessment whether Kaeo could handlle a centre role , that might still be his best shot of holding down a i st grade position in a run on side .

Good line of thinking . In regard to Guac , maybe when A F B moved on , would certainly or probably could have been worth a look then seeing how he may have gone as a prop . Just seems to be Manly "s best forward to make something happen and has shown it consistently for a few seasons on an edge . Best value does seem to be there . Easiest option to try and accommodate Kaeo would be to play Shu as 13 and him at 6 but the trials were the place to experiment for that in a realistic sense . Swapping roles with Turbo in a centre - full back sequence , not without merit . Probably hard in the full context of a game though . Don't mind going with the notion of picking your best 17 and finding positions for them and no doubt could easily justify Kaeo as the 14 but not sure if it would be sustainable for both parties over time . Conversely sure that the coaching staff would have a quite good assessment whether Kaeo could handlle a centre role , that might still be his best shot of holding down a i st grade position in a run on side .
It just seems inevitable that we will lose one or more of the young guns coming through. Thankfully Latu is still at least a year off but if Shu becomes the established 5/8, what happens to Latu? Maybe he plays 7 but then what happens to Johns and Humphreys? If Meyers comes into the centres some time this year or next, where does that leave Weekes. You would think Garrick and Saab have those 2 spots. If they decide to try Weeks in the centres, where does that leave Meyers? They can both hang around and wait for Tom to get injured but unlikely. Having said all that, it's a good position to be in but a tricky one when it comes to making the right decisions.

It just seems inevitable that we will lose one or more of the young guns coming through. Thankfully Latu is still at least a year off but if Shu becomes the established 5/8, what happens to Latu? Maybe he plays 7 but then what happens to Johns and Humphreys? If Meyers comes into the centres some time this year or next, where does that leave Weekes. You would think Garrick and Saab have those 2 spots. If they decide to try Weeks in the centres, where does that leave Meyers? They can both hang around and wait for Tom to get injured but unlikely. Having said all that, it's a good position to be in but a tricky one when it comes to making the right decisions.
Apparently or someone mentioned that Latu went very well yesterday in a beaten side , had a disrupted season last year but from what i have seen he is a dynamic player and can only get better . Could only expect him to be given a serious crack , most likely even the mid - latter part of this season and can 't see why he can not perform as a 7 . Maybe would have been better to have had D C E finish next season but certainly hope that he can still provide some decent value while he is still with Manly . Not sure how Josh would take playing 13 , in any case think that he has gone quite well at 6 so far and best for the team as well . That is the dilemma with Kaeo now of course . Fletcher - Myers seems destined to be a quality centre and sure that Manly want to hang onto to him . Then by the same token , Kaeo could or just about match it with him for pace if that is one criteria but Fletcher - Myers probably a more complete package there . Probably only longer term option of keeping all of the back young guns and Schuster , latu at 7 , Kaeo at 6 , fletcher - Myers and Koula centres [ and josh to 13 ] . Add Turbo , Saab and Garrick and probably the fastest back line in Manly 's history , maybe even the N R L .but that is only one scenario of course

• 🤝
Reactions: Ben
Apparently or someone mentioned that Latu went very well yesterday in a beaten side , had a disrupted season last year but from what i have seen he is a dynamic player and can only get better . Could only expect him to be given a serious crack , most likely even the mid - latter part of this season and can 't see why he can not perform as a 7 . Maybe would have been better to have had D C E finish next season but certainly hope that he can still provide some decent value while he is still with Manly . Not sure how Josh would take playing 13 , in any case think that he has gone quite well at 6 so far and best for the team as well . That is the dilemma with Kaeo now of course . Fletcher - Myers seems destined to be a quality centre and sure that Manly want to hang onto to him . Then by the same token , Kaeo could or just about match it with him for pace if that is one criteria but Fletcher - Myers probably a more complete package there . Probably only longer term option of keeping all of the back young guns and Schuster , latu at 7 , Kaeo at 6 , fletcher - Myers and Koula centres [ and josh to 13 ] . Add Turbo , Saab and Garrick and probably the fastest back line in Manly 's history , maybe even the N R L .but that is only one scenario of course
Yep, I can see the back line playing out that way but DCE's contract extension does complicate things further. Just not sure they'll all hang around for that to happen.

Here’s my 2023 team I think has a real shot in finals footy:
  1. Turbo
  2. Vaega
  3. Garrick / Weekes
  4. Koula
  5. Weekes / Garrick
  6. Johns
  7. DCE
  8. Keppie
  9. Gordon
  10. Jurbo
  11. Olakauatu
  12. Tuilagi
  13. Schuster
  14. Crocker
  15. Paeska
  16. Alioi
  17. Fainu

We need the players to play in their best positions .Other clubs are waiting for us to make the wrong selections and they will come in with $$$ for our youngsters .
My team for the Bulldogs game ;

Tom
Garrick
Tuipulotu
Parker
Tolu
Schuster
Evans
Paseka
Croker
Keppie
Haumole
Tuilagi
Jake

Weekes
Fifita
Sipley
Condon

reserves
Gordon
Bullemor

Best 17 for round 1 available players only
1. Turbo
2. Garrick
3. Koula
4. Parker
5. Tuipolotu
6. Schuster
7. DCE
8. Paseka
9. Crocker
10. Jake turbo
11. Tuilagi
12. olakau'atu
13. Keppie

14. Weeks
15. Aloiai
16. Sipley
17. Fifita
Depth burbo bullo gordon Fulton vega
Condon

For round 1 this is our best team to get the w
Based off trial form and the bulldogs team we are playing

I think Jake offers more at prop aswell

Players to come back Saab Lawton

1. Turbo
2. Garrick
3. Koula
4. Parker
5. Tuipolotu
6. Schuster
7. DCE
8. Paseka
9. Crocker
10. Jake turbo
11. Tuilagi
12. olakau'atu
13. Keppie

14. Weeks
15. Aloiai
16. Sipley
17. Fifita
Condon

This seems close or most likely an expected line up . One variable could be Croker having no trial time and maybe the consideration to give him a break at some stage with a suitable sub . As impressive as he has been , be surprised if that would be Weekes but with Keppie able to revert to prop . could be some thought to have Fulton there as well [ bench ] along with Kaeo . Johns could obviously cover the halves but doubt if he would be included Bulemor a good case to be ahead of Sipley and Alioia but hopefully Alioia can get some improvement A S A P . Fifita would think has earned a bench spot .

1. Turbo
2. Garrick
3. Koula
4. Parker
5. Tuipolotu
6. Schuster
7. DCE
8. Paseka
9. Crocker
10. Jake turbo
11. Tuilagi
12. olakau'atu
13. Keppie

14. Weeks
15. Aloiai
16. Sipley
17. Fifita
Condon

perfect, my team also. Moment of truth for Paseka tho, need to see something big boy.

Johns is not in the same class as Schuster but provides good depth. If Schuster's calf muscle doesn't come good in time for round 1 then I expect that Johns will get a start but Schuster will be straight back in when fit. Aloiai is not fit enough to be in the 17 yet on what I saw against the Roosters. He looks heavy and slow. I'd rest him this week and get him fit for round 3 after the bye. Parker is gutsy but I can't remember the last time he made a line break and last season he scored one try. Sides need to be picked on form not history and reliability. Weekes and Koula are a mile in front on form. Paseka is perplexing. It frightens me because it reminds me of T-Rex because I expected a lot more than he actually produced. I hope they can find a way into his head and get him firing.

Talking about ordinary, Paseka made one good charge, next, then got mugged rolled and sent backwards after a feeble hit up. Just hope it's one of those he'll be better for the run next time and come out firing all cylinders Rd1.
I’m a bit over every commentator saying “ if Paseka could just realise how big and strong he is “.

This is nothing about him as a person ( I’m sure he’s a lovely guy ) but he’s more “ Pillowseka “ when he gets on the field.

Still have plenty of faith in Paseka, team selectors obviously do as well , Very unhelpful run with injuries the past couple of seasons and certainly hope that can change . Jake looks like being a start up as prop now and not sure whether whether Tent is best starting or a prop sub off the bench Keppie being looked at as a 13 now changes the complexion again for prop roles and also with Alioia behind the eight ball a bit right now . Definitely not lacking competition for prop spots though with Fifita , Bulemor , Sipley and Condon pushing for spots also . Sykes did quite well in his hit out stint and sure will not lack commitment going forward although not in the top squad admittedly

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8