2023 Team

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Now here’s a slightly ‘left field’ idea:

What if they play Parker and Weekes on the same side and they swap in when in defence and attack?

Weekes has shown his ability as a Full Back and taking the kicks, while in defence Parker is really strong at Centre.

In attack, Weekes is decptive and quick and while Parker’s speed may not be brilliant, he does run great lines.

Just a thought in terms of mixing it up a bit.
Always good to look at different options but Brad on the wing in attack , probably not such a good option even for some or limited time . Also trying to keep up on the wing if there was a break out wider , let alone making a swap or change over in positions when the side was under pressure with an unexpected turn over or loss of possession . Could well be Brad at some stage on the bench to offer some options but again not ideally on the wing

Another way of looking at our squad is depth in positions ...help me out here because not certain of all the new/young blokes talents. ..

FULLBACK ... TURBO, Garrick, Weekes, Koula
WINGERS ... Tupoloupa, Saab, Garrick, Vaega, Weekes, Myer
CENTRES ... Koula, Garrick, Harper, Parker, Weekes, Ben Turbo, Myer
5/8ths ... Schuster, Johns, Humphries, Latu Fainu,
HALVES .... DCE, Humphries, Johns, Latu Fainu
LOCKS .... Jake, Lawton, Bullemor, Fulton,
2ND ROW ... Haumole, Tuilagi, Condon, Lawton, Burbo, Bullemor, Fulton, Fifita, S. Fainu,
Schuster. Sykes
HOOKER .. Croker, Gordon Cum Chum, Lawton, Roach ..
PROPS ... Keppie, Paseka, Aloiai, Sipley, Condon, Boyle, Bullemor, Fifita, Tu'itavake, S. Fainu, Sykes

That's 33 players I think ... includes development players and Roach train and replace (whatever the F that means )

EDIT .. I am missing Sykes and Meyers ..

Last edited:
I just can't see Seibold throwing 3 relatively inexperienced backs in from the get go. I see them keeping Parker in the centres for now with Koula only in his 2nd year. Shu needs to worry about his own game and not about another rookie centre (for now). Garrick should stay on the wing until Saab is back, depending on how we start the season of course. If we start poorly, those positions could change earlier. But then again, if we start poorly, surely that will be on the forwards. So the changes might start there first. They seem to have a few options.

So I reckon they'll start with

Turbo
Garrick
Koula
Parker
Tui or Weekes
Shu
DCE

Forwards are really up for grabs I reckon. I like the idea of the high impact dummy half to replace Croker but not sure who that should be. It will come down to the pre season form. I'll run with:

Paseka
Croker
Keppie
Olakauatu
Tuilagi
Jake

Aloiai
Sipley
Bullemor
Weekes (if he's not on the wing) but could easily be
Ben T, or one of the newbies like Roach or Lawton when fit.
Think you’re right !!

Another way of looking at our squad is depth in positions ...help me out here because not certain of all the new/young blokes talents. ..

WINGERS ... Tupoloupa, Saab, Garrick, Vaega, Weekes
CENTRES ... Koula, Garrick, Harper, Parker, Weekes, Ben Turbo
Halves .... DCE, Humphries, Johns, Latu Fainu
Locks .... Jake, Lawton, Bullemor, Fulton,
2ND ROW ... Haumole, Tuilagi, Condon, Lawton, Ben Turbo, Bullemor, Fifita, S. Fainu, Schuster.
PROPS ... Keppie, Paseka, Aloiai, Sipley, Condon, Boyle, Bullemor, Fifita, Tu'itavake, S. Fainu

That's 33 players I think ... includes development players and Roach train and replace (whatever the F that means )

I'd have Weekes higher up the list at 5/8 then centre of wing.

Not sure I ever remember seeing him at either centre or wing

WINGERS ... Tupoloupa, Saab, Garrick, Vaega, Weekes
CENTRES ... Koula, Garrick, Harper, Parker, Weekes, Ben Turbo
Halves .... DCE, Humphries, Johns, Latu Fainu
Locks .... Jake, Lawton, Bullemor, Fulton,
2ND ROW ... Haumole, Tuilagi, Condon, Lawton, Ben Turbo, Bullemor, Fifita, S. Fainu, Schuster.
PROPS ... Keppie, Paseka, Aloiai, Sipley, Condon, Boyle, Bullemor, Fifita, Tu'itavake, S. Fainu

Myer - wing/centre. Sykes - 2nd Row/Prop

So now Austin Dias is in

"Following previous stints at the Bulldogs, Eels and Tigers, 24-year-old Dias started pre-season is on a train and trial contract. He has since secured a full-time opportunity for the season ahead."

So now Austin Dias is in

"Following previous stints at the Bulldogs, Eels and Tigers, 24-year-old Dias started pre-season is on a train and trial contract. He has since secured a full-time opportunity for the season ahead."
Doesn't necessarily mean top 30 though

Well it's getting close my 17 for round 1
1. Turbo 2. Tuipolotu 3. Koula 4. Garrick 5. Weekes 6. Schuster 7. Dce
8. Keppie 9. Croker 10. Aloiai 11. Olakau'atu 12. Tuilagi 13. Jake T.
Bench - Paseka, Condon, Sipley, Gct.
May be over optimistic with Weekes on flank and Gct on bench we need some new blood. New recruits Tuilagi and condon make 17.
Could easily find Harper or Parker on wing

Well it's getting close my 17 for round 1
1. Turbo 2. Tuipolotu 3. Koula 4. Garrick 5. Weekes 6. Schuster 7. Dce
8. Keppie 9. Croker 10. Aloiai 11. Olakau'atu 12. Tuilagi 13. Jake T.
Bench - Paseka, Condon, Sipley, Gct.
May be over optimistic with Weekes on flank and Gct on bench we need some new blood. New recruits Tuilagi and condon make 17.
Could easily find Harper or Parker on wing
Good side but I would have Bullemore in for Sipley, and potentially Fulton in for GCKT. Gives us a lot more mobility and legspeed from the bench. Yes obviously dummy half becomes an issue if we lose Croker, but we won't have a bench comprised of three predominantly similar middles. I cant see GCKT getting much time in the middle (barring injury) anyway. Bullemore to lock after twenty minutes with Jake into the prop rotation, could be even more effective than Walker last season.

Good side but I would have Bullemore in for Sipley, and potentially Fulton in for GCKT. Gives us a lot more mobility and legspeed from the bench. Yes obviously dummy half becomes an issue if we lose Croker, but we won't have a bench comprised of three predominantly similar middles. I cant see GCKT getting much time in the middle (barring injury) anyway. Bullemore to lock after twenty minutes with Jake into the prop rotation, could be even more effective than Walker last season.
Yeah Bullemore certainly be close depends how Sielbold uses bench. I don't think young fulton quite ready but will see

My 2 cents worth, for what its worth, of what our team will look like in Rd.1, barring pre-season injuries of course (touch wood).

FB - Tom Trbojevic
WG - Reuben Garrick
CE - Tolu Koula
CE - Brad Parker
WG - Christian Tuipulotu
FE - Josh Schuster
HB - Daly Cherry-Evans (c)
PR - Josh Aloiai
HK - Lachlan Croker
PR - Sean Keppie
SR - Haumole Olakau'atu
SR - Kelma Tuilagi
LK - Jake Trbojevic (vc)

Bench - Karl Lawton, Taniela Paseka, Tofofoa Sipley, Kaeo Weekes

Its been a long off-season watching the Adelaide 36ers and Adelaide Strikers fail (thank God for the Adelaide Giants winning the Claxton Shield). But now its February and footy is back thankfully. Go Manly.

Attachments

• Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles 1.jpg
    Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles 1.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 1
  • Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles 4.jpg
    Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles 4.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 1
Lawton still recovering from ACL injury
My 2 cents worth, for what its worth, of what our team will look like in Rd.1, barring pre-season injuries of course (touch wood).

FB - Tom Trbojevic
WG - Reuben Garrick
CE - Tolu Koula
CE - Brad Parker
WG - Christian Tuipulotu
FE - Josh Schuster
PR - Josh Aloiai
HK - Lachlan Croker
PR - Sean Keppie
SR - Haumole Olakau'atu
SR - Kelma Tuilagi
LK - Jake Trbojevic (vc)

Its been a long off-season watching the Adelaide 36ers and Adelaide Strikers fail (thank God for the Adelaide Giants winning the Claxton Shield). But now its February and footy is back thankfully. Go Manly.

FB - Tom Trbojevic
WG - Reuben Garrick
CE - Tolu Koula
CE - Brad Parker
WG - Christian Tuipulotu
FE - Josh Schuster
PR - Josh Aloiai
HK - Lachlan Croker
PR - Sean Keppie
SR - Haumole Olakau'atu
SR - Kelma Tuilagi
LK - Jake Trbojevic (vc)

Pretty much what Id go though I think Paseka starts and Lawton is injured so take your pick of forwards for that spot

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4