2023 Team

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Bateman apparently very close to the Tigers.

Jealous of this one as he is exactly the type of player we need.

The dream would be a last minute hijack of this deal....but alas a dream

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221103_073925.jpg
    Screenshot_20221103_073925.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 🤝
Reactions: R3
Until Zac Fulton was re-signed I didn't mind the idea of Nathan Brown in the hope he could do a 'BK' role. Now Fulton has been extended I don't see the need for Brown since we have a younger version of his style already.

Klemmer, best case scenario would be a good influence for Paseka. A couple of 'angry towers' sounds like what we need. Plus, barring suspension or injury, Klem would be available for pride round. He might even push Alioi for 'leader of the pack' rights.

As @Mark from Brisbane mentioned, we might find out if Des was instructing Froggy to keep his role simple. Seibold might give him a longer leash. We could also get lucky if Nathaniel Roache, GKT or Lawton can share some effective time at rake.

I was surprised to hear that Scott Sorensen is off contract in 2023. He's highly regarded at the Panthers from the club and fans. He might be worth pursuing depending on his asking price... $$

Anyone think Frizzell has much to offer these days? I know Zac Lomax doesn't...
I'm surprised Tyson Frizell hasn't been mentioned more.

Appreciate he doesn't play the same position as Klemmer but for the same price i would take Frizell any day of the week.

Newcastle want to offload both apparently so I hope we are sniffing around to see what deal can be done.

Appreciate he doesn't play the same position as Klemmer but for the same price i would take Frizell any day of the week.

Newcastle want to offload both apparently so I hope we are sniffing around to see what deal can be done.
Certainly at the right price.

Wonder how the Knights are going to compliment their pack if they want Klemmer and Frizell to move on . Probably not much prospect of Manly getting a really high profile forward as things now seem . Looks like Boyle is not going to be retained , maybe considered too injury prone , in with Condon and this Dias , not sure of how Matterson [ Ryan "s brother ] goes in the back row and let "s hope young Fulton can go to another level quite soon . Maybe underestimating guys like Tuitauake and Fifita who could really come on next season , certainly have the natural ability , just being able to keep the intensity up for reasonably big minutes on the park . And then here is always Bullemor , hope that he gets stuck into the tackling bags in the off season and can use his leg drive to even better effect in the middle

Agreed, at 400k Id take Frizell for sure

I’d sign Klemmer and Kyle Laybutt for 2023, then Sorenson and Dom Young for 2024 and I think we could properly go for Top 4.

1 Trbojevic
2 Saab
3 Garrick
4 Koula
5 Tuipulotu
6 Schuster
7 Cherry-Evans (c)
8 Aloiai
9 Croker
10 Klemmer +
11 Olakau’atu
12 Tuilagi +
13 Trbojevic (c)

14 Lawton
15 Paseka
16 Keppie
17 Sipley

18 Parker
19 Trbojevic
20 Condon +
21 Matterson +

22 Tuitivake *
23 Weekes
24 Bullemor
25 Harper
26 Fainu *
27 Fulton *
28 Dias +
29 Humphries *
30 Laybutt +

Dev:
31 Roumanos
32 Chan Kum Tong
33 Segeyaro

Young in for Tuipulotu in 2024 and Sorenson to start over Tuilagi too. Maybe try sign a decent hooker by then too. Latu Fainu to come off the bench and be under DCE’s wing for the year, he’ll be 34 or so and probably could go for 10-15 mins rest each game.

Wonder how the Knights are going to compliment their pack if they want Klemmer and Frizell to move on . Probably not much prospect of Manly getting a really high profile forward as things now seem . Looks like Boyle is not going to be retained , maybe considered too injury prone , in with Condon and this Dias , not sure of how Matterson [ Ryan "s brother ] goes in the back row and let "s hope young Fulton can go to another level quite soon . Maybe underestimating guys like Tuitauake and Fifita who could really come on next season , certainly have the natural ability , just being able to keep the intensity up for reasonably big minutes on the park . And then here is always Bullemor , hope that he gets stuck into the tackling bags in the off season and can use his leg drive to even better effect in the middle
I've been one of Bullemore's ardent critics on here, but feel he can improve his game significantly to warrant a first team callup. Just needs to improve his leg drive speed in attack, get this right and the rest of his game will follow through.

I’d sign Klemmer and Kyle Laybutt for 2023, then Sorenson and Dom Young for 2024 and I think we could properly go for Top 4.

1 Trbojevic
2 Saab
3 Garrick
4 Koula
5 Tuipulotu
6 Schuster
7 Cherry-Evans (c)
8 Aloiai
9 Croker
10 Klemmer +
11 Olakau’atu
12 Tuilagi +
13 Trbojevic (c)

14 Lawton
15 Paseka
16 Keppie
17 Sipley

18 Parker
19 Trbojevic
20 Condon +
21 Matterson +

22 Tuitivake *
23 Weekes
24 Bullemor
25 Harper
26 Fainu *
27 Fulton *
28 Dias +
29 Humphries *
30 Laybutt +

Dev:
31 Roumanos
32 Chan Kum Tong
33 Segeyaro

Young in for Tuipulotu in 2024 and Sorenson to start over Tuilagi too. Maybe try sign a decent hooker by then too. Latu Fainu to come off the bench and be under DCE’s wing for the year, he’ll be 34 or so and probably could go for 10-15 mins rest each game.
Gilbert from the Dolphins is also worth a good look at for 2024. They only signed him for one year.

I've been one of Bullemore's ardent critics on here, but feel he can improve his game significantly to warrant a first team callup. Just needs to improve his leg drive speed in attack, get this right and the rest of his game will follow through.
It's probably been heavily mentioned pages ago but, did Seibold debut Bully as a Prop?

If so, hopefully he's willing to do them same again. Des was hoping he could suit the edge but, hopefully Seibold already knows he's a better middle

Hey everyone,

Just wanting to see what 1-13 team you would like to see next year.. here’s my team that I think could take home a premiership.

1. Tom trbojevic
2. Raymond vaega
3. Reuben Garrick
4. Tolu koula
5. Jason Saab
6. Josh schuster
7. Daly cherry evans
8. Samuela fainu
9. Lachlan Crocker
10. Jake trbojevic
11. Haumole olakauatu
12. Kelma tuilagi