2023 Team

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
A few points:
Gordon is not available until round 11.
Al is little more than a thug so I agree he doesn't deserve to be in our top 17.
Parker will be one of the centres. Did you see how much he bleeds for Manly?
We thought that , but not according to an insider I messaged last night , I think he’s taken the 30th spot , the last one they were holding.

From what have I seen in the trials:
1. Turbo
2. Veaga
3. Garrick
4. Koula
5. Tui
6. Schu
7. DCE
8. Nella
9. Croker
10. Jake
11. Shmole
12. Tuilugi
13. Bully
14. Weekes/GCKT
15. Burbo/ Condon
16. Fifita
16. Keppie/Sipley

Did you watch the 2nd half? Weekes is not a 5/8th.

He needs to train at centre.
To be fair he was without the truck load of talent around him that had all been removed to the bench.

If this is true and Gordon is upgraded I'd go with this for round one with Weekes at left center, love Parker but we should pull the trigger.

1 Turbo
2 Tuipulotu
3 Weekes
4 Koula
5 Garrick
6 Schuster
7 DCE
8 Paseka
9 Croker
10 Jake
11 Tuilagi
12 Olakau'atu
13 Keppie
14 Gordon
15 Fifita
16 Aloiai
17 Bullemor

18 Parker
19 Johns
20 Sipley
21 Burbo

Weak points are Tuipulotu and general go forward from the middles which was really poor at times last night.

We thought that , but not according to an insider I messaged last night , I think he’s taken the 30th spot , the last one they were holding.

If this is true and Gordon is upgraded I'd go with this for round one with Weekes at left center, love Parker but we should pull the trigger.

1 Turbo
2 Tuipulotu
3 Weekes
4 Koula
5 Garrick
6 Schuster
7 DCE
8 Paseka
9 Croker
10 Jake
11 Tuilagi
12 Olakau'atu
13 Keppie
14 Gordon
15 Fifita
16 Aloiai
17 Bullemor

18 Parker
19 Johns
20 Sipley
21 Burbo

Weak points are Tuipulotu and general go forward from the middles which was really poor at times last night.
Well after all the comments on here , and thinking he was still a developmental player I thought I’d ask my last remaining insider and that was the answer, def top 30 for 2023.

Does that mean Johns misses out? Or was he already in? I can't keep track. Still think we need some backup for DCE. But happy Gordon gets a spot.

Does that mean Johns misses out? Or was he already in? I can't keep track. Still think we need some backup for DCE. But happy Gordon gets a spot.
Buggered if I know , as far as I knew John’s was in.

Personally I’d **** Morgan Boyle off to the Reggie’s , he’s played like 3 games in two years and offers not much really.

Turbo
Garrick
Koula
Parker
Christian Tui
Schuster
DCE
Keppie
Crocker
Jake
Kelma
Smole
Bully

GCKT
Aloiai
Paseka
Fifita

This is the 17 I'd be happy with, going into round 1. Big omission is the Weekes one but I just don't know where to place him in the 17. He's been training as 1 and 6 so centre and wing is out the question. I reckon Gordon is a better 14 option as we can see he dictates the pace of the game when he comes on, belongs with the boys, and is certainly our future number 9. So the Weekes one is a sticky problem. I also think Bully has huge upside as a lock with his attributes so I want him to grow into that position. And Keppie was good enough tonight to be starting prop. Fifita played really well last week and backed it up against the first graders tonight so I think he's earned a bench spot, will provide great impact.
Close to mine to, I'd say Bully's spot is looking dodgy imo, who to go to on the bench GCKT or Weeks, I wouldn't put Weeks on the wing while fast doesn't have the size to crunch through tackles going for the line. I'll let Sieb's work that one out.

I'd like to see Gordon play first choice hooker as he'll only get better with experience.
Garrick remain as a winger, and put Weekes in the centres with Koula.
It's clear the game in '23 has moved beyond blodders.

Well after all the comments on here , and thinking he was still a developmental player I thought I’d ask my last remaining insider and that was the answer, def top 30 for 2023.
Not yet @Mark from Brisbane His contract is for 2024, BUT there is nothing stopping an IMMEDIATE upgrade. One of the trial and replacement contracts will not be upgraded when that happens. My assumption is Nathanial Roache misses out.

"Seibold also confirmed hooker Gordon Chan Kum Tong would remain on a development contract this year after impressing in trials, with Manly's top-30 roster spots full.

It means the youngster of Samoan and Chinese descent cannot feature before round 11 unless Manly suffers an injury crisis.

"He has shown everyone he can play first grade, which is pleasing," Seibold said."

However, my info is that GCKT CAN be immediately upgraded if either Roaches or Johns contracts are not upgraded from trial and replacement. Not sure what that means in relation to the enforceability of either contract ......

"Seibold also confirmed hooker Gordon Chan Kum Tong would remain on a development contract this year after impressing in trials, with Manly's top-30 roster spots full.

It means the youngster of Samoan and Chinese descent cannot feature before round 11 unless Manly suffers an injury crisis.

"He has shown everyone he can play first grade, which is pleasing," Seibold said."

However, my info is that GCKT CAN be immediately upgraded if either Roaches or Johns contracts are not upgraded from trial and replacement. Not sure what that means in relation to the enforceability of either contract ......
If that's the case, going on fan sentiments on here, it's going to be bad news for Roache I'd say.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7