2023 Team

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Maybe he is fantastic off the field.

The kind of guy that brings the squad together. A leader in terms of work ethic. Maybe he constantly takes younger players under his wing. Maybe when he is fit and training his potential looks great.

Dunno but they keep on resigning him for minimum so he obviously brings something to the table. On the field is the most important thing but off field is not without relevance.
In cricket terms he's on a good wicket, wont be back till mid season, (mid June) even on the min base rate at a pro rata allotment, it's like getting double the amount for roughly 3.5mths.

Turbo
Garrick
Koula
Parker
Christian Tui
Schuster
DCE
Keppie
Crocker
Jake
Kelma
Smole
Bully

GCKT
Aloiai
Paseka
Fifita

This is the 17 I'd be happy with, going into round 1. Big omission is the Weekes one but I just don't know where to place him in the 17. He's been training as 1 and 6 so centre and wing is out the question. I reckon Gordon is a better 14 option as we can see he dictates the pace of the game when he comes on, belongs with the boys, and is certainly our future number 9. So the Weekes one is a sticky problem. I also think Bully has huge upside as a lock with his attributes so I want him to grow into that position. And Keppie was good enough tonight to be starting prop. Fifita played really well last week and backed it up against the first graders tonight so I think he's earned a bench spot, will provide great impact.

My 2 cents worth for Rd.1 against the Dogs:

FB - Tom Trbojevic
WG - Christian Tuipulotu
CE - Brad Parker
CE - Tolu Koula
WG - Reuben Garrick
FE - Josh Schuster
HB - Daly Cherry-Evans (c)
PR - Taniela Paseka
HK - Lachlan Croker
PR - Sean Keppie
SR - Houmole Olakau'atu
SR - Kelma Tuilagi
LK - Jake Trbojevic (vc)

Bench - Gordon Chan Kum Tong, Ben Trbojevic, Ethan Bullemor, Viliami Fifita

18 - Kaeo Weekes
19 - Cooper Johns
20 - Josh Aloiai

Is Chan Kum Tong actually in the top 30?? I hope so because he could help take a lot of pressure off of Froggy who can get noticeably tired in the last 20-30 minutes with all the tackling he does.

IMO, there appears to be at least ten certainties for Rd One selection.

Turbo
Garrick
Koula
Weekes (o/s back or no. 14)

Schuster
DCE

Croker
Jake
Tuilagi
Olakau'atu

Based on trial form and/or experience who will fill the remaining seven places from these contenders?

O/S Backs: Tuipulotu, Vaega, Harper, Parker
Lock: Keppie, Fulton, Bullemor
No. 14: Gordon (assuming upgraded contract)
Second Row: Burbo, Fainu
Front Row: Sipley, Fifita, Aloiai, Paseka

Last edited:
The side I named above is what I think Seibold will go with. But truth be told I would actually play Koula on the wing, Weekes at centre (or vice versa) and have Tuipulotu out of the top XVII.

Turbo
Tuipulotu/Vaega (Saab when fit)
Weekes
Koula
Garrick
Schuster
DCE
Paseka
Croker
Jake T
Olakau’atu
Tuilagi
Keppie (Lawton when fit)

GCKT
Bully
Fifita
Sipley

I know Weekes isn’t a centre but we need to find a spot for him or else we will be watching him tear up at another club. Plenty of other fullbacks have made the switch there and I think he and Turbo can switch around at times during games to ease each of their workloads. Would hate to lose him because he can’t get a run over say Parker or Tuipulotu.

Emphasis on Aloiai not being in the 17. I know he played at the WC but when he came on last night he looked the same as he did at the end of last year, slow and out of shape. Given some of the drama surrounding him I would’ve liked to see him come out fit and firing but now I think it would be better for him to have to earn his spot back.

Turbo
Tuipulotu/Vaega (Saab when fit)
Weekes
Koula
Garrick
Schuster
DCE
Paseka
Croker
Jake T
Olakau’atu
Tuilagi
Keppie (Lawton when fit)

GCKT
Bully
Fifita
Sipley

I know Weekes isn’t a centre but we need to find a spot for him or else we will be watching him tear up at another club. Plenty of other fullbacks have made the switch there and I think he and Turbo can switch around at times during games to ease each of their workloads. Would hate to lose him because he can’t get a run over say Parker or Tuipulotu.

Emphasis on Aloiai not being in the 17. I know he played at the WC but when he came on last night he looked the same as he did at the end of last year, slow and out of shape. Given some of the drama surrounding him I would’ve liked to see him come out fit and firing but now I think it would be better for him to have to earn his spot back.
A few points:
Gordon is not available until round 11.
Al is little more than a thug so I agree he doesn't deserve to be in our top 17.
Parker will be one of the centres. Did you see how much he bleeds for Manly?

A few points:
Gordon is not available until round 11.
Al is little more than a thug so I agree he doesn't deserve to be in our top 17.
Parker will be one of the centres. Did you see how much he bleeds for Manly?
As it stands Gordon isn't available until round 11, however there is nothing stopping an immediate upgrade.
JS isn't deserving of remaining with the club. Unfortunately, we extended him and are now stuck with him until the end of 2025. This will end up developing into another Taupau situation but worse.
Parker has guts, and yes he bleeds for Manly every time he plays. He is also holding back Weekes for 2023, and Myers for 2024.

As it stands Gordon isn't available until round 11, however there is nothing stopping an immediate upgrade.
JS isn't deserving of remaining with the club. Unfortunately, we extended him and are now stuck with him until the end of 2025. This will end up developing into another Taupau situation but worse.
Parker has guts, and yes he bleeds for Manly every time he plays. He is also holding back Weekes for 2023, and Myers for 2024.

???

Jason Saab or Josh Schuster is not deserving of remaining with the club?

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8