2023 Team

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Only need a few tweaks to the following and I think you are right we could challenge for the finals:

1. Turbo
2. Garrick
4. Koula
6. Schuster
7. Dce
11. Olokautu
13. Jake
14. Paseka
15. Lawton

😃
Not sold on your halfs or the bench and Jake needs a paycut to around 450k

What makes it even scarier is the fact that most of the lower placed teams have also improved their rosters.
Sadly I think we are in for a world of hurt.

Liam Fulton has got to be near 40 and was never that good for the Tigers anyway.....Zac though looks alright but I dont see him as a starter straight away ;)

Agree with the sentiment though. People are getting bogged down in the misery atm but its not as bad as people think. If injuries are kind to us and Schuster knuckles down we'll be alright next year

Last edited:
Given who we know will be there and who won't be at this stage, and of course taking into account injuries (e.g. Saab's ACL), this would be my 2023 YART.....

FB - Tom Trbojevic
WG - Tolutau Koula
CE - Brad Parker
CE - Morgan Harper
WG - Reuben Garrick
FE - Lachlan Croker
HB - Daly Cherry-Evans (c)
PR - Josh Aloiai
HK - James Segeyaro
PR - Jake Trbojevic (vc)
SR - Haumole Olakau'atu
SR - Karl Lawton
LK - Josh Schuster

Bench (from) - Ben Trbojevic, Kaeo Weekes, Taniela Paseka, Sean Keppie, Morgan Boyle, Ethan Bullemor, Kurt de Luis.

Injured - Jason Saab

Hear me out on this. I would honestly give Segeyaro a one year deal. We need a proper hooker and he's already at the club. Why go looking when you've got one sitting in the garage ready to go?? He's got plenty of miles on those legs so its not like he's a rookie who needs developing. He can just step right in without missing too many beats. Froggy could easily then slot back into the halves with Jake moving to prop and Schuster as the ball playing lock.

Just thinking out loud there.....

I dont want to bash Croker.....but if he is our starting 5/8 then we will have the worst starting 5/8 in the league....including the Dolphins

I dont want to bash Croker.....but if he is our starting 5/8 then we will have the worst starting 5/8 in the league....including the Dolphins

Schuster is going to need a big pre-season to impress and get his fitness right. I don't think Des will cop him carrying the extra kilos again.

Schuster is going to need a big pre-season to impress and get his fitness right. I don't think Des will cop him carrying the extra kilos again.
I agree.

Up to him to work his but off and show everyone what he can do as he hasnt put his best foot forward this year.

That said? With out current squad, I imagine Weekes would be in line at 5/8 ahead of Croker

I agree.

Up to him to work his but off and show everyone what he can do as he hasnt put his best foot forward this year.

That said? With out current squad, I imagine Weekes would be in line at 5/8 ahead of Croker

Possibly. But in all reality this is Des we're talking about here. Regardless of my YART, Croker is still likely to be the starting No.9 in 2023 anyway.

That was unbelievably bad recruiting, Api was good, Marty wasn't too bad, but overpaid, same for Walker, as for the rest, rubbish, I knew we were going to be in trouble when we signed up Lewis Brown and announced it as a signing coup, FMD, in the process, we lost Gutho, sure he's not Tom, but we could have done with his versatility and energy, even though he's a Parra dickhead now, lost Nicho Hynes, Jessie Ramien, Luke Garner and Shaun Lane, thank you Trent Barrett.

That was unbelievably bad recruiting, Api was good, Marty wasn't too bad, but overpaid, same for Walker, as for the rest, rubbish, I knew we were going to be in trouble when we signed up Lewis Brown and announced it as a signing coup, FMD, in the process, we lost Gutho, sure he's not Tom, but we could have done with his versatility and energy, even though he's a Parra dickhead now, lost Nicho Hynes, Jessie Ramien, Luke Garner and Shaun Lane, thank you Trent Barrett.

IMO Walker would have gone on to better things (i.e. a regular NSW and Kangaroo spot) if he had been left to play in the centres.

He was never a 5/8 and certainly was never a fullback. Sure he can now play lock at a pinch, but I pretty much guarantee that he will be playing in the centre's for the Warriors in 2023. As 2017 proved when he won the Dally M Centre of the Year ... his was a missed, fvcked up opportunity for us. Other than 2017 we have never played him almost exclusively where we should have. At centre.

And as much as Gutho has become Queen Pest over at the Worms, I will never forgive Barrett for having so little foresight that he let a player of his talent and versatility (not to mention being a goal kicker of note) go. Same with Nicho Hynes.

Can you imagine our back row being Lane and Haumole? What could have been.....

IMO Walker would have gone on to better things (i.e. a regular NSW and Kangaroo spot) if he had been left to play in the centres.

He was never a 5/8 and certainly was never a fullback. Sure he can now play lock at a pinch, but I pretty much guarantee that he will be playing in the centre's for the Warriors in 2023. As 2017 proved when he won the Dally M Centre of the Year ... his was a missed, fvcked up opportunity for us. Other than 2017 we have never played him almost exclusively where we should have. At centre.

And as much as Gutho has become Queen Pest over at the Worms, I will never forgive Barrett for having so little foresight that he let a player of his talent and versatility (not to mention being a goal kicker of note) go. Same with Nicho Hynes.

Can you imagine our back row being Lane and Haumole? What could have been.....
Personally think Lane is overrated.

But never wanted Gutho, Hynes or Ramien to go

yeah you may be right it was simply showing that we used to recruit (well or not another question) oh and actually have it announced too

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6