2023 ... players in trouble ..breaking

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
As I just learnt its a QLD law not to identify at this point in proceedings.

This is actually something I've hoped for for many years. The allegations of Rape or sexual assault when often it's a one on one encounter can destroy an innocent man or woman if named and shamed.

Of course there are guilty parties but the stigma around these crimes is shocking for anyone who has their name destroyed only to be cleared at a later point.
Wow didn't know that. But I don't agree it's a good thing. Seems Qld and the NT are the only places that protect the accused's identity, and sounds like Qld might be about to get rid of it now.

Have a read

You have just quoted Clementine Ford as though she is a sane human, and is if she has any knowledge or authority about men and how they think.

{edit-no personal attacks}

Last edited by a moderator:
“The club allowed them to have a night out, that was pre-scheduled, they were fine on their night out according to my sources,” Danny Weidler said on Nine News.

In case you’re wondering he means “scheduled”. Or was the night out scheduled before it was scheduled?

"Once back at the Winning Post Motor Inn in Mudgee, it’s believed some of the players continued drinking into the early hours of Sunday morning...
... the behaviour of the players, according to the Dragons, does not meet their club standards..."

Even being at a place called The Winning Post would be inconsistent with that club's standards!
@:D

You have just quoted Clementine Ford as though she is a sane human, and is if she has any knowledge or authority about men and how they think.

{edit-no personal attacks}
No offence taken

I used to read Clementines' articles and get worked up about her opinions. Then she wrote a piece connected to this book which made me re-think my view.

Not trying to be evangelical at all, rather I acknowledge your view.

My posting the link was more in relation to another member posting their "bad boys will be bad boys" tripe

No offence taken

I used to read Clementines' articles and get worked up about her opinions. Then she wrote a piece connected to this book which made me re-think my view.

Not trying to be evangelical at all, rather I acknowledge your view.

My posting the link was more in relation to another member posting their "bad boys will be bad boys" tripe
All good brother.

I have very strong views on Clementine Ford. I don't wish her any physical harm, or even mental for that matter, but she should disappear from any media or social media platform which allows her to air her spiteful views. She really doesn't say anything which has any sense of balance. I would go so far to say that she is quite a damaging influence on both young men and women and their self esteem issues which all young persons confront at one time or another. With regards to your view I bit down a little too hard and I apologise for that.

I have very strong views on Clementine Ford. I don't wish her any physical harm, or even mental for that matter, but she should disappear from any media or social media platform which allows her to air her spiteful views. ...
fair enough although among all your defences of Aloiai and the other players who didn't want to wear the rainbow you did quote that line about “I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.”
I guess you feel she's the exception that proves the rule. :giggle:

fair enough although among all your defences of Aloiai and the other players who didn't want to wear the rainbow you did quote that line about “I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.”
I guess you feel she's the exception that proves the rule. :giggle:
I believe the difference there may be that she is quoted as saying 'Kill all men', 'Coronavirus isn't killing men fast enough', and 'all men must die'.

Did Aloiai say anything as bad as that?

The difference is that Fords words are easily construed as a call to violence. Aloiai's actions and words, even though you may find them distasteful, are not.

Last edited:
I believe the difference there may be that she is quoted as saying 'Kill all men', 'Coronavirus isn't killing men fast enough', and 'all men must die'.

Did Aloiai say anything as bad as that?

The difference is that Fords words are easily construed as a call to violence. Aloiai's actions and words, even though you may find them distasteful, are not.
Hmm. Interesting. And Yes a call to violence might certainly justify censorship.

(But I’ll add another comment in the Censorship thread, and save this one for news of badly behaving players)

Last edited:
Hmm in the media "well-known NRL player" can just about mean anyone who ever held a Steeden in his right hand, I reckon. However if it turns out this person is a Brisbane player, then between that and Payne Haas's issues they are almost Gone for this year.

Hmm in the media "well-known NRL player" can just about mean anyone who ever held a Steeden in his right hand, I reckon. However if it turns out this person is a Brisbane player, then between that and Payne Haas's issues they are almost Gone for this year.
Which player are you referring to?The one that got charged last week for an incident in Brisbane end of last year?Because if so,it’s widely known who the player is and the club has already stood him down

Which player are you referring to?The one that got charged last week for an incident in Brisbane end of last year?Because if so,it’s widely known who the player is and the club has already stood him down
and signed a replacement player

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4