2023 Confidence level.....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Out of interest where do you reckon we'll be this time next year?

• Total voters
I don't think it's got anything to do with bad seasons, at least going into those seasons we had a pretty much settled squad. I think it's more to do with the happenings over the past couple of months both on and off the field along with the current upheaval within the coaching staff and not knowing who will be in charge of the team in '23. The reports that half the team didn't front for the mad Monday get together doesn't help either plus the fact that we've let a large portion of the squad go with only the addition of a second rower and bugger all else. We haven’t been grooming our talented juniors to make the step up to firsts either. The only misery in my life currently stems from how my club seems to be imploding and no one is stepping up to clear the air or inform us on possible signings to take the focus off everything else that's currently making headlines. Now for a glass or two of Shiraz to numb the misery😉
Have faith ER, if Tommy goes the distance and the Shyster doesn't go lame 2 weeks out from the season opener, yeah, think we'll be doing ok...

Bully to get back to his Broncos playing weight over the offseason, work on his carries, explosiveness and post contact metres, and particularly work on his defence.
All that and just a dash of some old fashioned mongrel. Nothing grubby, just some intensity in his play - particularly defence. At the moment he just lets blokes run to him and does a lot of catch and hold. He needs to make a statement that he actually wants to be an NRL forward and not a financial market watcher. At least for now anyway.

And that just doesn’t make any sense , so let’s be patient and see what happens.
Theres 2 questions that beg to be asked though mate.

When have we ever picked up anyone in the off season of note?

How are we going to recruit anyone of note when there arent any decent players available?

I don't feel confident after the signing of Des for two more years. Does this mean the pattern will continue - make the eight in 2023 & then drop down the ladder again in 2024?

Without major changes top to bottom, I doubt we can win a comp.

Last edited:
Theres 2 questions that beg to be asked though mate.

When have we ever picked up anyone in the off season of note?

How are we going to recruit anyone of note when there arent any decent players available?

The answers are

Zero for some time

Contracts mean **** all these days

BUT for the life of me I cannot see how ,

Marty $850k
Dylan $600k
Jorge $300k
Davey $250k

( I’m discounting Foran as his was mostly a 3rd party deal and other than Marty I’m just guessing at the other figures )

So almost 2 million in player payments

Equals

Tuilagi $400k

( and that’s guessing too).

And we hear ( rumours ) Boyle $150k & Parker $400k ( again just guesses on the $$$) are gone as well.

Oh sure some upgrades but we are talking around a 1/4 of the team gone and 1 incoming.

The only rumoured inclusion is Zac Fulton , if true would be on a very low ball figure , circa $150k

I get what you are saying BUT there’s a lot of spots and a lot of spare $$$

The answers are

Zero for some time

Marty $850k
Dylan $600k
Jorge $300k
Davey $250k

( I’m discounting Foran as his was mostly a 3rd party deal and other than Marty I’m just guessing at the other figures )

Equals

Tuilagi $400k

And we hear ( rumours ) Boyle $150k & Parker $400k ( again just guesses on the $$$) are gone as well.

Oh sure some upgrades but we are talking around a 1/4 of the team gone and 1 incoming.

The only rumoured inclusion is Zac Fulton , if true would be on a very low ball figure , circa $150k

Makes no sense at all......

Makes no sense at all......
None , and until we know the 30 ( or 28) wrist slitting is not an option.

There could be a MAJOR shift with the magnificent 7 as an example, and that could unleash a raft of changes that we aren’t even aware of.

Early days yet !!

None , and until we know the 30 ( or 28) wrist slitting is not an option.

There could be a MAJOR shift with the magnificent 7 as an example, and that could unleash a raft of changes that we aren’t even aware of.

Early days yet !!
I hope so. How many times in the off season in the past 8 years have we had the same discussions and got jack ****?

I know you always try to add a sense of hope but every year it's the same. Fingers crossed one year .....

I hope so. How many times in the off season in the past 8 years have we had the same discussions and got jack ****?

I know you always try to add a sense of hope but every year it's the same. Fingers crossed one year .....
One must always have hope.

I’m about to embark on step 2 of my cancer journey , 8 weeks of radiation , 5 days a week.

I have hope , I always have hope.

Mak
The answers are

Zero for some time

Marty $850k
Dylan $600k
Jorge $300k
Davey $250k

Equals

Tuilagi $400k

The answers are

Zero for some time

Marty $850k
Dylan $600k
Jorge $300k
Davey $250k

Equals

Tuilagi $400k

Makes no sense plus the fact that there is no news from the Club about the future of our squad. Obviously there will be player upgrades but with over a half a dozen leaving and only one coming in , Mr Tony Mestrov please let your most important asset - YOUR FANS - know what the future holds !

Mak

Makes no sense plus the fact that there is no news from the Club about the future of our squad. Obviously there will be player upgrades but with over a half a dozen leaving and only one coming in , Mr Tony Mestrov please let your most important asset - YOUR FANS - know what the future holds !
Im sure he will , but he’s pretty busy right now.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8