2022 NSW Cup

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I understand this, but couldn't the BW selectors liaise with First Grade selectors so they would know which squad players would be available for the NSW Cup?
That’s what I don’t get about it as well. I understand the 18 and 19 we need in the first grade emergency dept. But if they don’t get any game time after say two weeks, wouldn’t it be wise to rotate that 18 & 19, and play the rest in BW. I mean how’s a bloke supposed to impress and keep his stamina up if he is constantly warming the bench. For eg, this is the list of players that will see no football at all this weekend, barring a late emergency call up.

• Ben Trbojevic
  • Ethan Bullemor
  • James Roumanos
  • Joe Tramontana
  • Jorge Taufua
  • Kaeo Weekes
  • Kurt De Luis
  • Toafofoa Sipley

That’s what I don’t get about it as well. I understand the 18 and 19 we need in the first grade emergency dept. But if they don’t get any game time after say two weeks, wouldn’t it be wise to rotate that 18 & 19, and play the rest in BW. I mean how’s a bloke supposed to impress and keep his stamina up if he is constantly warming the bench. For eg, this is the list of players that will see no football at all this weekend, barring a late emergency call up.

• Ben Trbojevic
  • Ethan Bullemor
  • James Roumanos
  • Joe Tramontana
  • Jorge Taufua
  • Kaeo Weekes
  • Kurt De Luis
  • Toafofoa Sipley
whats doing with morgan boyle also in terms of match fitness. Is he working from home

• Ben Trbojevic
  • Ethan Bullemor
  • James Roumanos
  • Joe Tramontana
  • Jorge Taufua
  • Kaeo Weekes
  • Kurt De Luis
  • Toafofoa Sipley
Most of these will be late additions to BW but why not name them on Tuesday if they aren't in the top 19. Waste of time putting out a team list when there will be 6 late changes.

Weekes is developing really nicely! I wonder where he fits in our long term NRL plans. 5/8? Backup FB
I see it the same, ATM favouring fullback.

He's no Turbo clone, bit of a blend of Hynes and Papenhuyzen about him.

Besides the handful of blokes already in our top 17 he looks the best ball player we've got. Just got to find a spot for him.

Could be a real game breaker off the bench with Walker moving on.

Last edited:
Sipley is certainly not ahead of Marty at this stage.He needs to improve in lateral defence and stamina (just guessing but I've heard this from someone, lol) so the question is can playing first grade get him that improvement faster than playing reserves?
Although the other equestion is, do we have anyone better available for any given game?
And another question is, who is considered by coach to be the player we ideally want in our NRL side at the pointy end of the year?

As of now I doubt Sipley is part of our proposed best pack for finals, whereas Bullemor is in that mix.

In reality of course there is always a fair chance we'll have a forward (at least one) missing, and Sipley is right in the mix as one of the first replacement props. He does bring power and can bend the line.

I understand this, but couldn't the BW selectors liaise with First Grade selectors so they would know which squad players would be available for the NSW Cup?
I said at the start of the year it would be difficult now that FG have to name 24 players.
Especially as ressies are increasingly playing at a different venue adds to this.

Tough for the coaches as well, keeping players match fit by playing ressies whilst not around the FG squad would be a juggling act in motivational skills.

Also would a player prefer to be in the extended FG squad and not get a run or get regular game time in ressies?

As you say, really hard to maintain cohesion and team spirit.

How Des continues to ignore Sips in the 17 is beyond me. Head and shoulders above Marty and Keppie IMO and ATM. Love to see Sips and Alio Olio open up the batting.
Looks like you will get that chance this week! At least, as named today.

Looks like you will get that chance this week! At least, as named today.
Sips deserves the starting spot. Unashamed fan. Adds power and aggression. In terms of stamina and staying power on the field ....he pretty much played the entire match in both our trials earlier this year. Not sure he can do much better than that. Hope he has a blinder!!

After 10 minutes Manly 4 Saints 0 in Wollongong - site is slow to update

Half time 4-12; 55 minutes 4-24; full time 4-42

Opposing fullbacks are Weekes & Sloan

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10