2022 NSW Cup

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

40 nil

It's only a game ...
I thought it might be useful to have a thread for the NSW Cup - draw, results, player articles etc.

Round One is v. Penrith on Sunday 13th March at HE Laybutt Field, Blacktown - here is the Full Draw

And here is a season preview for the Blacktown Workers Sea Eagles.

Last edited:
Could be a very interesting side to start the year, discounting the flegg boys and guestimating injuries maybe something like

1.Weekes
2.Vega
3.Koula
4.Tuipulotu
5.Tafua
6.Simona
7.Aukland
8.De Luis
9.Segeyaro
10.Tuitavake
11.Roumanos
12.Akufolou
13.Fainu

14.Izzard
15.Sykes
16.Z Fulton
17.??

Could be a very interesting side to start the year, discounting the flegg boys and guestimating injuries maybe something like
It will be interesting to see where Humphries & Gordie start the season. From what we saw of Gordie in the trial v Tigers, I hope he plays a lot of NSW Cup & makes his NRL debut this year. As well, it will be a plus if Segeyaro shows form. Here are more players on the Blacktown Workers site

I imagine Gordie and Humphries will at least start the season in Flegg

1.Weekes
2.Vega
3.Koula
4.Tuipulotu
5.Tafua
6.Simona
7.Aukland
8.De Luis
9.Segeyaro
10.Tuitavake
11.Roumanos
12.Akufolou
13.Fainu

14.Izzard
15.Sykes
16.Z Fulton
17.??
Not sure that Simona/Aukafolau and Izzard are with Blacktown anymore.
My guess for round 1
Weekes
Tuipulotu
Taufua
Koula
Vaega
Ackland
D.White
Boyle
Segeyaro
DeLuis
Tuitavake
Roumanos
Fainu

T.Ott
A.Fearnley
R.Graham
L.Afeaki
Sykes.

Not sure that Simona/Aukafolau and Izzard are with Blacktown anymore.
My guess for round 1
Weekes
Tuipulotu
Taufua
Koula
Vaega
Ackland
D.White
Boyle
Segeyaro
DeLuis
Tuitavake
Roumanos
Fainu

T.Ott
A.Fearnley
R.Graham
L.Afeaki
Sykes.
Ah I see, I just grabbed them off the squad on the official site

The players I thought stood out in trials were -

Weekes
Gordon Chan Kum Tong
Koula *
Tuitavake
Vaega
Tuipulotu *

But add these blokes as options and the depth is outstanding

Taufua
Boyle *
Segeyaro
DeLuis *
Roumanos *
S . Fainu

* = WHO Des has as his Top Options "Now"

Rd 1 team list.

And Ahh did DES keep reserve grade in the dark as to who's dropping back or something.

Surely can't be the team that takes the field.

Team v Panthers Sunday 13 March

1 Jake Toby
2 Alfred Smalley
3 John Paul Nohra
4 Adam Fearnley
5 Ray Tuaimalo Vaega
6 Dylan White
7 Eiden Ackland
8 William Swann
9 Tyran Ott
10 Jacob Sykes
11 Luke Hodge
12 Thomas Eveleigh
13 Joe Roberts
14 James Segeyaro
15 Robbie Graham
16 Sione Tuipulotu
17 Lewis Afeaki
18 Bailey Cantrell
19 Lopeti Mafi

As l mentioned in the first grade thread, ressies will be tough on players and coaching staff especially for away games.
We’re lucky that firsts play Thursday and ressies on Sunday both in Sydney so those numbered 18-24 can slot straight in pretty much.

Look at the Dragons for example, they’re playing Sat @ 5.30 in Qld but their ressies are playing Sat 1.00 in the gong.
They have to take 24 to Qld so their ressies are up against it without 7 of their better players.

The make up of the side is very interesting and I will be curious how it works on the weekend.
You have a hooker/half playing lock and a small halfback playing fullback.
2 tallish strong centres with 2 mobile slightly lighter edge backrowers.
2 hard running aggressive wingers with high workrates.
In the halves you have one game manager with good vision and the other a runner with a good passing game and short kicking game.
A Ballin type dummy half with Segayaro then coming off the bench.
There are a couple of young tyros up front and if that forward pack can match the opposition it could be an interesting combo if they can develop cohesion as a unit quickly.
Obviously there will be some of the Manly boys coming into the side who don't get a run with the NRL side.

Horrendous defense. I assume that all our tackling bags must've got lost in the floods. Who are our defensive coaches because they're s*&t.
Maybe part of the problem is that seven of the NSW Cup players were in the NRL squad & didn't train (or maybe trained once) with Blacktown. These include 3 backs & 4 forwards - see

Just going off the stats and trial form, Ray-Ray Vaega looks like one to watch.

Hard to tell from those limited highlights but I’d be interested to hear how a few guys went. Davey, Tuitavake, Segeyaro, for example.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8