2021 squad

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Screenshot of btown squad

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201001-121229_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201001-121229_Chrome.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 48
Likely 2021 lineup
1. Funa
2. Hoppa
3. Parker
4. Harper
5. Garrick
6. Schuster
7. DCE
8. Paseka
9. Croker
10. Taupau
11. Sironen
12. Garner ??
13 Jake T

14 Cust
15. Keppie
16. Olakuatu
17. Gosiewski

18. A Davey
19. Sipley
20. Ben T
21. Boyle ??
22. Miski
23. S Fainu
24. K Titmuss

Injured for 80% of the year
25.Taufua
26.Tom T
27.Suli
28.Walker
29.Foran
30.Fainu

Looks horribly depressing to me.

Wonder why he was listed above in this thread, was there some talk of him being at Blacktown?
Not sure - but he was definitely with Burleigh Bears - I don't think Blacktown have been playing mate...either way would be depth only

Not sure - but he was definitely with Burleigh Bears - I don't think Blacktown have been playing mate...either way would be depth only
You are right Sexy Maxy we dont need any more depth players . Our team has plenty of them ;)

Likely 2021 lineup
1. Funa
2. Hoppa
3. Parker
4. Harper
5. Garrick
6. Schuster
7. DCE
8. Paseka
9. Croker
10. Taupau
11. Sironen
12. Garner ??
13 Jake T

14 Cust
15. Keppie
16. Olakuatu
17. Gosiewski

18. A Davey
19. Sipley
20. Ben T
21. Boyle ??
22. Miski
23. S Fainu
24. K Titmuss

25.Taufua
26.Tom T
27.Suli
28.Walker
29.Foran
30.Fainu

In regards to your horribly depressing statement and the disappointment of having no great Manly team to watch in the finals .
This roster of players was an example of it with constant floggings . We have some great players and some passengers that weigh our Sea eagles down from flying high .
We dont have money for big name players is a very poor excuse
Who was the last big name big money Storm Signing ?
The Benchmark perspective Bellamy over the years replaced big money star players with unknown star recruits and no name players like Papenhuyzen , Munster , Josh Addo Carr . etc

All Manly people have let our club down this year . Even us fans as club membership is one of the lowest in the NRL. Shame on us !!!
We all need to raise the bar in order to get our great legendary club back to the top where it belongs
The moral of the story . Great people make great clubs
ETqYaGyUMAAQAKl.jpg
ETqYaGyUMAAQAKl.jpg

Likely 2021 lineup
1. Funa
2. Hoppa
3. Parker
4. Harper
5. Garrick
6. Schuster
7. DCE
8. Paseka
9. Croker
10. Taupau
11. Sironen
12. Garner ??
13 Jake T

14 Cust
15. Keppie
16. Olakuatu
17. Gosiewski

18. A Davey
19. Sipley
20. Ben T
21. Boyle ??
22. Miski
23. S Fainu
24. K Titmuss

25.Taufua
26.Tom T
27.Suli
28.Walker
29.Foran
30.Fainu

In relation to your 21-24

That’s conjecture , I think with the #PURGE they are likely to be relegated to at best Blacktown and so the 21-24 could in fact be completely new players.

In relation to your 25-30

Tafua .... granted , if not medically retired will just be a number taking up space.

Turbo....based on the last two years yes BUT surely he’s up for one decent year in 3 , if not I don’t know what his long term prospects will be.

Suli... no reason for him not to be back.

Walker .... ditto

Foran .....granted but he did play 14 out of 20 this year so he can’t be at 80%

Fainu.....I have a sneaking suspicion that the club has sought a ruling to allow him to play until his court date , although that’s a guess.

Chin up mate , not the time for wrist slitting just yet you can certainly do that IF we don’t do any better in recruitment BUT I’m thinking about all those $$$$ we have and you cannot convince me with 1.5 to 1.7 million OFF that we get Davey / Garner and Foran ( who I hear is more than half in TPA) as they only ON’s.

In relation to your 21-24

That’s conjecture , I think with the #PURGE they are likely to be relegated to at best Blacktown and so the 21-24 could in fact be completely new players.

In relation to your 25-30

Tafua .... granted , if not medically retired will just be a number taking up space.

Turbo....based on the last two years yes BUT surely he’s up for one decent year in 3 , if not I don’t know what his long term prospects will be.

Suli... no reason for him not to be back.

Walker .... ditto

Foran .....granted but he did play 14 out of 20 this year so he can’t be at 80%

Fainu.....I have a sneaking suspicion that the club has sought a ruling to allow him to play until his court date , although that’s a guess.

Chin up mate , not the time for wrist slitting just yet you can certainly do that IF we don’t do any better in recruitment BUT I’m thinking about all those $$$$ we have and you cannot convince me with 1.5 to 1.7 million OFF that we get Davey / Garner and Foran ( who I hear is more than half in TPA) as they only ON’s.
Suli will barely be able to run before Xmas. His injury can be 12 months to fully recover mobility in the foot. He's not fast enough as is let alone this injury and his penchant for weight gain. Taufua passenger.
Tom and Foran we know will break down again. Fainu they won't let him play, he's up on extremely serious charges.
Walker maybe but geez his absence over the last 2 years has been telling.
That's 6 of the starting 13 players with massive ??? on. The money we've freed up may well be absorbed by upgrades to several existing players so I wouldn't count on any big splurge coming. That'll be close to the top 30. Maybe a couple of changes to come. Not enough to lift us to top 8.

General thoughts

Whilst he has a good running game, garners defensive game needs a lot of work.a lot.

I also dont hold out much hope for Suli next year, he is going to be huge and so unfit by the time he can run again, and that injury can take a year for the most dedicated trainers. He was way to heavy and not agile enough this year and he will be way heavier next season.

I really don’t want Parker or croker in the squad at all, they’ve had their chance and just are not good enough.

I don’t think garrick is first grade standard any more. But may make the team based on the fact we don’t have a kicker, but he can’t really kick either anymore. Pity our captain doesn’t think it’s a duty worthy of his time or practice.

Funa looks like a centre or back up fullback only to me, don’t think he looks like a winger at all.

Sironen needs to take the blinkers of and be a team player
Agree about Sironen... he’s been appalling

Suli will barely be able to run before Xmas. His injury can be 12 months to fully recover mobility in the foot. He's not fast enough as is let alone this injury and his penchant for weight gain. Taufua passenger.
Tom and Foran we know will break down again. Fainu they won't let him play, he's up on extremely serious charges.
Walker maybe but geez his absence over the last 2 years has been telling.
That's 6 of the starting 13 players with massive ??? on. The money we've freed up may well be absorbed by upgrades to several existing players so I wouldn't count on any big splurge coming. That'll be close to the top 30. Maybe a couple of changes to come. Not enough to lift us to top 8.

thanks mick I needed cheering up @:worried:

Not sure if true, however I have heard from a source within Storm, that Sandor Earl has signed with us. He said he would be a replacement depth player for Miski.
If that's the case then we must have missed out on Saab and The Fox.

If that team runs out, we might get the spoon
That's not much different to the side that pushed for top 4 in 2019. If anything the backline is better because we have some good young players like Schuster and Harper coming through, have added Foran's class and work ethic, removed the ill-discipline of Waddell, reduced our pack's size and improved its mobility. Dummy half question needs to find an answer this off season and after that the only worry is that injuries undermine our season again. If injuries happen to the same extent again in 2021, we will need to clean out the squad a little.

That's not much different to the side that pushed for top 4 in 2019. If anything the backline is better because we have some good young players like Schuster and Harper coming through, have added Foran's class and work ethic, removed the ill-discipline of Waddell, reduced our pack's size and improved its mobility. Dummy half question needs to find an answer this off season and after that the only worry is that injuries undermine our season again. If injuries happen to the same extent again in 2021, we will need to clean out the squad a little.
I hear you- except that in the team we are commenting on... Schuster and Harper aren’t even listed. Taufua is terrible. Foran is not a hooker. Joel Thompson is missing. Sironen has gone backwards.... so it’s actually quite a lot different to 2018.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6