[Resurrected] 2021+ On & Off Season Misdemeanors

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Looking at Woodsies post, he was only charged with Assault occasioning, not with wounding, which is twice as serious. Maybe through some sheer luck the victim wasn't wounded but only got minor scratches or something?
(and I'd agree about the lotto ticket, except I'm a bit down on gambling right now) :)
I dare say the court prosecutors accepted a guilty plea to assault occasioning, rather than going through a hearing for a wounding where he might get off.

I dare say the court prosecutors accepted a guilty plea to assault occasioning, rather than going through a hearing for a wounding where he might get off.
Maybe right. Although if the cops ever thought there was a wound they would have added a charge of wounding, which means the DPP would usually run the prosecution not the police prosecutor, including any negotiations. To constitute a 'wound' you only need to break both layers of the skin, which is usually quite easy to do if you smash a glass on someone's head.
Definitely something unusual in what occurred, but whatever happened, I agree Williams got very lucky.

Today we're going to learn about the number 18.
18 years ago, Melbourne Storm veteran Danny Williams is suspended for 18 weeks for a King hit on Wests Tigers Mark O'Neill.
Today Danny has received an 18 month community corrections order for smashing a glass over a woman's head on October 1st.
Danny's also has an IQ of 18
Don't be like Danny
And the letter D.

Danny is a Dangerous D-head, and a Dumbarse and the Djudge is a Dud and should be Dismissed!

Old Ractor Vidley, in off-field trouble again.

He is the Ben Stokes of ‘rugba leeg’ and like Stokes, shows no loyalty to his country of birth.

Fallen NRL star Brett Finch has been spared going to jail after an attempt to buy drugs ended with him pleading guilty to child abuse charges.
Judge Phillip Mahony sentenced Finch to two years imprisonment, suspending it with a $1000 surety and conditions in Sydney's Downing Centre District Court today.
Mahony accepted there were "exceptional circumstances" to his offending, which was the result of Finch's drug addiction and not motivated by a sexual interest in children.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Y'know... I've paid more in traffic fines in a year.

Fallen NRL star Brett Finch has been spared going to jail after an attempt to buy drugs ended with him pleading guilty to child abuse charges.
Judge Phillip Mahony sentenced Finch to two years imprisonment, suspending it with a $1000 surety and conditions in Sydney's Downing Centre District Court today.
Mahony accepted there were "exceptional circumstances" to his offending, which was the result of Finch's drug addiction and not motivated by a sexual interest in children.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Y'know... I've paid more in traffic fines in a year.
Mmmmmmm

A $1k fine

Dunno about that but agree I don’t know more than I read in the media.

Pretty damn lucky I’d say.

Mmmmmmm

A $1k fine

Dunno about that but agree I don’t know more than I read in the media.

Pretty damn lucky I’d say.
I’m not sure about it, but perhaps the judge also took into account the substantial media coverage Finch’s horrible conduct has generated. His financial loss is far more than the $1k, which it absolutely should be.

As Mr Mackey once said, “Drugs are bad, mmm’kay”.

Has Judge Mahoney also been partaking in some of Finchys finest?

How can a conviction around child abuse charges be seen as anything other than some sort of sexual interest in children?

Finch has used the "just joking" defence pretty well here.

Since when has drug addiction been linked to hanging around on child pedo sites?
Finch would be the first to know easier ways to score drugs.
Got off lightly for sure.

Wants to score drugs so
Uses a gay phone line
Making " unpublishable" comments involving child abuse
Yep sure I believe ya....... such a good bloke,

North Queensland's Luciano Leilua will not play in the Rugby League World Cup after the Samoa second-rower was stood down under the NRL's no-fault stand-down policy.

North Queensland forward Luciano Leilua could make a shock comeback as early as this weekend after domestic violence charges levelled against him were dismissed in court on Thursday morning.

Leilua has been suspended under the NRL’s no-fault stand-down policy following an incident last October. Police charged the Samoan international with assaulting his partner and smashing her phone at a residence at Harrington Park in Sydney’s south-west.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6