[Resurrected] 2021+ On & Off Season Misdemeanors

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It's an illegal drug, the NRL should have a zero tolerance policy for that reason alone. The fact that it's so rampant in society is all the more reason for "role models" to be held to a higher standard.

Dumb thing to get yourself into anyway, unless spending your twilight years with heart and mental health issues sounds like a good idea.

Not much of a story. Didn't a player test positive in last year's grand final and I don't think he even had to say sorry?
Not sure why the NRL don't try to lure some of the big drug cartels into sponsorship deals actually. Could probably come up with more interesting ads than the VB and stupid bundy bear commercials.

Playing rugby league is a short part of these players life’s, I don’t get why they would jeopardise or risk their careers being cut short due to misdemeanours.

Injuries they can’t control, behaviours they can, it’s their livelihood.

BREAKING: NRL Integrity Unit are aware of a video of Melbourne Storm players partying post game. Too early to say investigation launched. Having seen the video its not a great look. Another concern is they have been betrayed by people in the room with them. @NRLonNine @9NewsSyd
They would be concerned about the betrayal for sure. Everyone needs to stay quiet on how they are rotting the cap or it’s ruined

NRL have announced they are interviewing Munster and Smith. Why does the phrase ‘damp squib’ spring to mind even before they have announced findings and sanctions (or lack thereof). Named in papers so hence I used the name

Attachments

• AA944442-73E5-4F67-99E0-53123FA78238.png
    AA944442-73E5-4F67-99E0-53123FA78238.png
    40.2 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Obviously not the brightest idea but at the end of the day they were at a private gathering behind closed doors at the end of a long season. You'll be surprised how many of them get on it! I'm not too critical of them, they need to have a no phone policy at these parties and no one would be any the wiser!

Then my statement about them wising up stands.

I got through reading Spudd's book. He made numerous references to when Souths players got caught using recreational drugs back in 1990. He even said that when the drug testers turned up unannounced at Redfern Oval, there were some players (no names given to protect his mates / the guilty) literally jumping over the grounds back fence in order to avoid being tested.

It would seem players haven't learned a thing in 31 years no matter how much education there is on the subject. If they get caught, its their own fault IMO.
The Paul Hayward story should be related to all the players .... not that they would listen ...

I don't know any coke users - am probably too old (transitioned to septuagenarian earlier this year)
You have led a sheltered life feathered friend ... do you life on the peninsular ?

It's an illegal drug, the NRL should have a zero tolerance policy for that reason alone. The fact that it's so rampant in society is all the more reason for "role models" to be held to a higher standard.

Dumb thing to get yourself into anyway, unless spending your twilight years with heart and mental health issues sounds like a good idea.
I know a couple of ex Queenscliff lads , one 71 the other 79 that both still partake!! unbelievable their hearts haven't exploded ..

Last edited:
Obviously not the brightest idea but at the end of the day they were at a private gathering behind closed doors at the end of a long season. You'll be surprised how many of them get on it! I'm not too critical of them, they need to have a no phone policy at these parties and no one would be any the wiser!

So in other words, so long as its done behind closed doors, who cares? The real problem is those who video such acts, not the players who actually snort coke or do other drugs.

Let me guess ... boys will be boys?? Yep, great attitude to have.....

Playing rugby league is a short part of these players life’s, I don’t get why they would jeopardise or risk their careers being cut short due to misdemeanours.

Injuries they can’t control, behaviours they can, it’s their livelihood.
Agree
If I was good enough to be a professional sportsman I wouldn't be going out getting drunk until I retired.
Could still get drunk with mates at home or a friends place but stay away from places where there are to many heroes willing to big note themselves at your expense.

Drugs are part of society but I never see it, and if I did I wouldn't risk my job taking it. I can get randomly tested for alcohol or drugs anytime while on duty.
If I was going to partake in drugs I would wait to my annual leave and wouldn't take it while phones or cameras were present.

Some of these players are brain dead to start with and giving them several hundred of thousand dollars a year is asking for trouble.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8