2021 Membership

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
You would think they’d have to go back to the normal membership packages now!!
Yes but not until after our first 2 home games which members have already got tickets for under the assumption it was going to be members only ..paying higher prices for compared to public.

Yes but not until after our first 2 home games which members have already got tickets for under the assumption it was going to be members only ..paying higher prices for compared to public.

There was this message in the members emails when they went on sale so I wonder if that gives the club the ability to reverse the ticket sales already made.

1607595206409.png

There was this message in the members emails when they went on sale so I wonder if that gives the club the ability to reverse the ticket sales already made.

View attachment 16123
It will be a bloody nightmare as Ticketmaster has already debited our credit cards.

If we now revert to normal season memberships and the tickets sold remain on foot, the club will presumably need to adjust the season membership fee for each member depending on whether they had bought tickets to none, one or both games and the amount paid for each ticket. Or do they just refund all tickets and start again? Nightmare!

It will be a bloody nightmare as Ticketmaster has already debited our credit cards.

If we now revert to normal season memberships and the tickets sold remain on foot, the club will presumably need to adjust the season membership fee for each member depending on whether they had bought tickets to none, one or both games and the amount paid for each ticket. Or do they just refund all tickets and start again? Nightmare!
They only sold around 1,500 tickets per the 2 games, so easier to just refund.

Members email I thought if you are not a member you may want to read what our ceo wanted to say.

On behalf of all of us at the Sea Eagles, thank you for your wonderful support of the Club and your recent decision to become a Sea Eagles 75 Member for the 2021 season.

Within only a month or so of establishing the 2021 model, I’m pleased to say that today we surpassed 9000 Sea Eagles 75 Members. This is very encouraging and whilst we have a long way to go, we are currently ahead of our expectations and the run rates of previous years.

Becoming and remaining a Sea Eagles Member is the best way to show your support of the Club. I really want you to know just how critical your membership is in strengthening the Club’s financial capabilities and underpinning the significant investments we need to make in ensuring your team is professionally prepared for the challenges of a fiercely competitive NRL competition.

I also wanted to provide you with some important information regarding your Sea Eagles 75 membership, expected capacity constraints at Lottoland next year and the impact of the recently announced easing of some COVID-19 crowd restrictions. I’ll also take the opportunity to update you on home game ticket access and pricing.

As you know, we made the difficult decision to alter our membership model for the 2021 NRL Season in light of the known and expected capacity restrictions at Lottoland. We know that the greater Northern Hill area, including the Northern end of the Eastern Hill, will be unavailable for the entire year due to the construction of the new Grandstand and Centre of Excellence. We also anticipated the continuation of some COVID-19 related restrictions, further reducing our capacity and putting serious negative pressure on our game day economics. For planning purposes, we assumed a total reduction in available capacity at the venue of between 40-60%.

In terms of COVID-19 restrictions, I was buoyed by the recent news from the NSW Government that some of these were being eased from 7 December 2020.

The official updated NSW Health guidelines are now that the maximum number of people allowed at an outdoor major recreation facility is the greater of:

• the total of 100% of the fixed seating capacity of the facility and one person per 2 square metres of any unfixed seating areas and
  • one person per 2 square metres of space in the facility.

Should these guidelines remain in place next year, the reduction in the Lottoland capacity will be at the upper end of our planning assumption range - approximately 60%. This may come as a surprise to some of you but the fact is that less than 30% of our normal capacity is in the form of fixed seating. Lottoland, therefore, is heavily impacted by the restrictions to our grass hill and concourse areas in addition to the complete loss of the greater Northern Hill.

One of the great benefits of your special Sea Eagles 75 membership is priority access to home game tickets. This is particularly beneficial given the expected strong demand for tickets and the significant capacity constraints.

We recently opened the first Early Bird ticket window for Sea Eagles 75 Members following feedback from many Members who were desperate to secure their seats for the opening games of the new season. I’m pleased to say that the response was extremely enthusiastic with the few thousand tickets made available for our Rounds 2 and 4 games selling out in a matter of hours. I’d like to thank all Members who took this opportunity to lock in their attendance at the opening games. Your presence and loud voice will give our boys a real lift in what shapes as a very tough opening period of the 2021 NRL Season. We will communicate our plans for future Sea Eagles 75 Members ticket access opportunities in the new year.

The pricing of the tickets made available in the first access window drew some understandable comment and concern. Many made comparisons to the estimated cost of tickets included in previously available membership packages. The reality is that whilst the ticket pricing for our Rounds 2 and 4 fixtures offered in the first Members access window were lower than casual (non-member) ticket prices in recent years, they were considerably higher on a game by game basis relative to previous Member packages. This additional cost of game attendance at Lottoland is most regrettable but unfortunately it is necessary in light of the economic impact of heavily reduced capacity at the venue.

I make the following comments and commitments to you regarding 2021 ticket access and pricing;

• Our no. 1 objective will always be to provide safe and compliant venues for all 2021 home fixtures
  • We will be agile and flexible with ticket pricing in responding to any restrictions that may be eased or introduced. We will ensure that Sea Eagles 75 Member ticket pricing is always as affordable as is possible
  • Sea Eagles 75 Member ticket prices will always reflect a minimum discount of 20% to any publicly available tickets
  • The Club has reached an agreement with our ticketing partner, Ticketmaster, to entirely waive the standard transaction fee on any 2021 home game ticket purchases by Sea Eagles 75 Members. Assuming that you purchase a ticket or tickets to each of the 9 Lottoland fixtures in 2021 this represents a total saving in fees of $65.25. For reference, non-members will pay the standard transaction fee of $7.25 for any and all ticket purchases
  • Despite the capacity constraints at Lottoland, we will maintain family friendly zones for Sea Eagles 75 Family Members in both the Fulton-Menzies Stand and on the Eastern Hill at heavily discounted prices

Thanks again for your tremendous support. Your membership makes a substantive and very positive difference to the Club and its investment in your team’s success.

In closing, and on behalf of everyone at the Sea Eagles, I wish you and your loved ones a very Merry Christmas and a 2021 full of good health, happiness and glorious victories.

Go Manly!!!!

Stephen Humphreys

CEO

Last edited:
Members email

On behalf of all of us at the Sea Eagles, thank you for your wonderful support of the Club and your recent decision to become a Sea Eagles 75 Member for the 2021 season.

Within only a month or so of establishing the 2021 model, I’m pleased to say that today we surpassed 9000 Sea Eagles 75 Members. This is very encouraging and whilst we have a long way to go, we are currently ahead of our expectations and the run rates of previous years.

Becoming and remaining a Sea Eagles Member is the best way to show your support of the Club. I really want you to know just how critical your membership is in strengthening the Club’s financial capabilities and underpinning the significant investments we need to make in ensuring your team is professionally prepared for the challenges of a fiercely competitive NRL competition.

I also wanted to provide you with some important information regarding your Sea Eagles 75 membership, expected capacity constraints at Lottoland next year and the impact of the recently announced easing of some COVID-19 crowd restrictions. I’ll also take the opportunity to update you on home game ticket access and pricing.

As you know, we made the difficult decision to alter our membership model for the 2021 NRL Season in light of the known and expected capacity restrictions at Lottoland. We know that the greater Northern Hill area, including the Northern end of the Eastern Hill, will be unavailable for the entire year due to the construction of the new Grandstand and Centre of Excellence. We also anticipated the continuation of some COVID-19 related restrictions, further reducing our capacity and putting serious negative pressure on our game day economics. For planning purposes, we assumed a total reduction in available capacity at the venue of between 40-60%.

In terms of COVID-19 restrictions, I was buoyed by the recent news from the NSW Government that some of these were being eased from 7 December 2020.

The official updated NSW Health guidelines are now that the maximum number of people allowed at an outdoor major recreation facility is the greater of:

• the total of 100% of the fixed seating capacity of the facility and one person per 2 square metres of any unfixed seating areas and
  • one person per 2 square metres of space in the facility.

Should these guidelines remain in place next year, the reduction in the Lottoland capacity will be at the upper end of our planning assumption range - approximately 60%. This may come as a surprise to some of you but the fact is that less than 30% of our normal capacity is in the form of fixed seating. Lottoland, therefore, is heavily impacted by the restrictions to our grass hill and concourse areas in addition to the complete loss of the greater Northern Hill.

One of the great benefits of your special Sea Eagles 75 membership is priority access to home game tickets. This is particularly beneficial given the expected strong demand for tickets and the significant capacity constraints.

We recently opened the first Early Bird ticket window for Sea Eagles 75 Members following feedback from many Members who were desperate to secure their seats for the opening games of the new season. I’m pleased to say that the response was extremely enthusiastic with the few thousand tickets made available for our Rounds 2 and 4 games selling out in a matter of hours. I’d like to thank all Members who took this opportunity to lock in their attendance at the opening games. Your presence and loud voice will give our boys a real lift in what shapes as a very tough opening period of the 2021 NRL Season. We will communicate our plans for future Sea Eagles 75 Members ticket access opportunities in the new year.

The pricing of the tickets made available in the first access window drew some understandable comment and concern. Many made comparisons to the estimated cost of tickets included in previously available membership packages. The reality is that whilst the ticket pricing for our Rounds 2 and 4 fixtures offered in the first Members access window were lower than casual (non-member) ticket prices in recent years, they were considerably higher on a game by game basis relative to previous Member packages. This additional cost of game attendance at Lottoland is most regrettable but unfortunately it is necessary in light of the economic impact of heavily reduced capacity at the venue.

I make the following comments and commitments to you regarding 2021 ticket access and pricing;

• Our no. 1 objective will always be to provide safe and compliant venues for all 2021 home fixtures
  • We will be agile and flexible with ticket pricing in responding to any restrictions that may be eased or introduced. We will ensure that Sea Eagles 75 Member ticket pricing is always as affordable as is possible
  • Sea Eagles 75 Member ticket prices will always reflect a minimum discount of 20% to any publicly available tickets
  • The Club has reached an agreement with our ticketing partner, Ticketmaster, to entirely waive the standard transaction fee on any 2021 home game ticket purchases by Sea Eagles 75 Members. Assuming that you purchase a ticket or tickets to each of the 9 Lottoland fixtures in 2021 this represents a total saving in fees of $65.25. For reference, non-members will pay the standard transaction fee of $7.25 for any and all ticket purchases
  • Despite the capacity constraints at Lottoland, we will maintain family friendly zones for Sea Eagles 75 Family Members in both the Fulton-Menzies Stand and on the Eastern Hill at heavily discounted prices

Thanks again for your tremendous support. Your membership makes a substantive and very positive difference to the Club and its investment in your team’s success.

In closing, and on behalf of everyone at the Sea Eagles, I wish you and your loved ones a very Merry Christmas and a 2021 full of good health, happiness and glorious victories.

Go Manly!!!!

Stephen Humphreys

CEO
And?

Sorry Dave. Was nothing to do with you - was just my way of saying that this says .... nothing. All our complaints as members remain.
No worries at all

I agree with you specially with the part about it being necessary to hike prices for matches, if the club is that bad financial position for 2021 why not just move home game to a stadium where we get more money for one season.

Say Gosford or even stadium Australia.

Or even owners willing to cover the costs of lost revenue for the club.

I will always stand by this I don't agree with the club on this decision and I think it does not help the club's image in the community, 2022 better have heavy discounts in membership costs.

No worries at all

I agree with you specially with the part about it being necessary to hike prices for matches, if the club is that bad financial position for 2021 why not just move home game to a stadium where we get more money for one season.

Say Gosford or even stadium Australia.

Or even owners willing to cover the costs of lost revenue for the club.

I will always stand by this I don't agree with the club on this decision and I think it does not help the club's image in the community, 2022 better have heavy discounts in membership costs.

I think not offering reserved seat members their seats back for 2021 now that restrictions have been lifted and a vaccine is not too far away is a real kick in the teeth to those long serving members.

I think the reduced capacity is a bit of a cop out when not one reserved seat is affected by said renovations.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2