2021 Membership

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
People hard up for cash will flock to quality sporting entertainment if the price is right, even during the Depression!
View attachment 16067
What happens if someone has a cough and sneeze?

Maybe I am towing the company line but I am also just trying to explain the club’s position.

I will be passing on the feedback but you can also email the club with your concerns/feedback.

Maybe I am towing the company line but I am also just trying to explain the club’s position.

I will be passing on the feedback but you can also email the club with your concerns/feedback.
I do intend to phone the club and voice my disapproval of this ticket pricing farce. I hope we have a football club AGM soon too as there are many questions that need to be asked as well.

Thanks Wheel, sorry to be shooting the messenger, I know its not your doing, I feel bad that you guys on the council cop the backlash more than the people that come up with these schemes.

I do appreciate the work that you do in relation to informing us about the clubs plight. I am a Football club member and I am well aware of the challenges we face.

You mention a pandemic and recession that we are dealing with, so why on earth would the club raise prices so high in these times ignoring the financial problems that so many fans and members are facing?

This lack of empathy is not a good look from the club!
Have you hit the Football Club up for their views on this? They have 2 members on the Board that approved the membership fee structure and it would be interesting to know its views.

I see both sides of the equation on this one. The members need to be treated with respect and members are saying that they feel disrespected. That is never good and a big risk to the business model. On the other hand, you have a club that has never run at a profit and due to circumstances completely out of its control (COVID and the reduced capacity at Brookvale) is looking into a gigantic revenue black hole. That is an even more fundamental risk to the business model!

As I said earlier in this thread, I think the solution is for a larger number of games in 2021 to be played at the corporate stadiums who will actually pay Manly for the privilege of hosting its home games. Although it would require the Football Club to agree for the Club to take games away from Brookvale, I just see it as the most pragmatic solution whereby the Club can make some money and members won't have to pay more to see Manly play.

Well thanks but I wont bother emailing them, they didn't reply to my email saying I was donating hundreds of dollars to the club! So I doubt there's even anyone there reading them!
I hope we do get the full capacity attending though, regardless of whether its limited to 6 or 7000. I guess we'll see, no doubt a few early wins will help.

Have you hit the Football Club up for their views on this? They have 2 members on the Board that approved the membership fee structure and it would be interesting to know its views.

I see both sides of the equation on this one. The members need to be treated with respect and members are saying that they feel disrespected. That is never good and a big risk to the business model. On the other hand, you have a club that has never run at a profit and due to circumstances completely out of its control (COVID and the reduced capacity at Brookvale) is looking into a gigantic revenue black hole. That is an even more fundamental risk to the business model!

As I said earlier in this thread, I think the solution is for a larger number of games in 2021 to be played at the corporate stadiums who will actually pay Manly for the privilege of hosting its home games. Although it would require the Football Club to agree for the Club to take games away from Brookvale, I just see it as the most pragmatic solution whereby the Club can make some money and members won't have to pay more to see Manly play.
To my knowledge, there has been no correspondence from the Football club about this.

Normally the AGM is held in early December and I am not sure when this is happening next.

If the club is in a perilous state financially and I think we all know that with Covid this is very true. It is so important that the club communicate with its members and inform them of this.

To just release inflated prices like they have with little assurances is not wise.

As a Football club member I would be open to ideas in relation to moving a few games away from Brookvale oval if it helped the viability of the club.

With the centre of excellence now finally under way, we might also have if Vlandys gets his away a total stadium reconstruction for Brookvale which will force the club to play games way while this is done.

I would not be opposed to playing a few games at Gosford or the SCG as a temporary measure until this is done.

All options need to be on the table.

The two football club representatives on the Sea Eagles board do their upmost to protect the heritage of our club. The club needs to be viable and profitable to survive and right now its an extreme challenge.

If the club was upfront with the fans about it, then the members would understand. We need to look at alternatives as just gouging the existing season ticket holders is not a good look!

A couple of things I can add;

The pricing will vary per game depending how on time/opponent - Souths and last years GF and minor premiers will be at top of range.

There is no doubt the club is under the pump financially with reduced TV revenue, reduced crowd capacity and reduced corporate sales/sponsorship - this is strategy to maximize revenue to keep the club viable. It is tough on the regulars who attend every game.
Thank you and I can see the logic in that by the club but think it's crazy they have gone down this line..the cheaper games better be at least $25 to off set the expensive ones.

I am one of those regulars who attend every game.

To my knowledge, there has been no correspondence from the Football club about this.

Normally the AGM is held in early December and I am not sure when this is happening next.

If the club is in a perilous state financially and I think we all know that with Covid this is very true. It is so important that the club communicate with its members and inform them of this.

To just release inflated prices like they have with little assurances is not wise.

As a Football club member I would be open to ideas in relation to moving a few games away from Brookvale oval if it helped the viability of the club.

With the centre of excellence now finally under way, we might also have if Vlandys gets his away a total stadium reconstruction for Brookvale which will force the club to play games way while this is done.

I would not be opposed to playing a few games at Gosford or the SCG as a temporary measure until this is done.

The two football club representatives on the Sea Eagles board do their upmost to protect the heritage of our club. The club needs to be viable and profitable to survive and right now its an extreme challenge.

If the club was upfront with the fans about it, then the members would understand. We need to look at alternatives as just gouging the existing season ticket holders is not a good look!
Well said, buddy.

The only other thing I would say is that in addition to @The Wheel representing the interests of members on the council, members of the Football Club could be making their displeasure known to the Football Club and its nominee directors who are actually closer to the decision making on this matter. I can't remember the terms of the Football Club constitution, but ensuring fair access to watching the team play at Brookvale Oval is surely a priority for it.

Last edited:

Thank you for your passionate work for our legendary club @The Wheel

PERSPECTIVE TIME !!!

When others on here talk about the value on our legendary cubs ticket pricing

They dont take in consideration about the value of their Legendary club who once again is building a competitive player roster for 2021 to carry on its great winning tradition

They talk about our poor venue . The same venue that produced a proud and unmatched winning record grand finals every decade in the modern era

They talk about the extra money they want to save and shove in their graves when they die

WAKE UP ALL YOU TIGHT ARSE FOOLS AND PUT THINGS IN PERSPECTIVE
MONEY MAKES THE WORLD GO AROUND WHEN WE START GIVING AND NOT WHEN WE KEEP IT TO TAKE IT DOWN TO THE GROUND WITH US

OUR GREATNESS IS NOT WHAT WE HAVE BUT WHAT WE GIVE AND IF THE TIGHT ARSES ON HERE DO NOT WANT TO GIVE THEN YOU CAN ALL FCK OFF AND JOIN AND BECOME MEMBERS OF OTHERS CLUBS THAT OFFER CHEAPER TICKETS AND WEAR THEIR **** COLOURS AND SING THEIR **** CLUB SONGS OR GO AND WATCH NSW CLUB MATCHES FOR FREE JUST LIKE THE NORTH SYDNEY BEARS DO

IT APPEARS THAT SOME ON HERE HAVE MORE PASSION FOR THE DOLLARS THAT THEY SAVE AND TAKE IN THEIR COFFINS THAN THE PASSION FOR THE FEW EXTRA DOLLARS THEY CAN CONTRIBUTE TO THEIR LEGENDARY CLUB .

BECAUSE AT THE END OF THE DAY
NO ONE HAS BEEN MADE POOR BY GIVING
BUT EVERY ONE THAT GIVES HAS BEEN MADE GREAT BY WHAT THEY CONTRIBUTE TO THIS LIFE

GIVE AND LET LIVE
OR
JUST FCK OFF
BECAUSE THE PASSIONATE MANLY PEOPLE HAVE ALWAYS PUT THEIR HANDS IN THEIR POCKETS AND PUT THEIR HANDS UP TO PROUDLY SUPPORT OUR LEGENDARY CLUB AND NOT WHINGE .
WE HAVE SURVIVED WITH OUT THE TIGHT ARSE WHINGERS BEFORE AND WE WILL CONTINUE TO DO SO
AS PASSION ALWAYS PREVAILS !!!

1-13e5926b2d-nrl681ae-sea-eagles-door-mat.jpg

Even with my views clear on this matter re ticket prices and how the club has treated myself as a long time member who goes to most home games.

I will still be attending all matches.
Can't wait for 2021.
Bring on Souths

I would pay $100 for a ticket to see us smash the Wabbits - value for money in my opinion
I will answer your post @The Wheel in respect to @SeaEagleRock8 with no more caps ....

The value of watching our Legendary Sea eagles smash the Wabbits , Storm , Roosters . is priceless .
How can any one put a price on blood sweat, tears , resilience passion and Glory ???

The moral of the story is.....
*Some people know the price of everything *
*But cannot comprehend the value of anything until they lose it *

The fact is our great Legendary club is still with us
Because its Great Manly people have not lost their passion in keeping their Legendary club alive !!!

Long live the Valuable Passionate Manly supporters that always stand up and deliver and continue to make their Legendary Manly Sea eagles the Greatest club of all !!!
manly_celebration_190727_ar_242.jpg

Last edited:
I would pay $100 for a ticket to see us smash the Wabbits - value for money in my opinion

Just my opinion, but if you're happy enough to pay $100 a ticket for a regular game, then are you really representing the members respectively by being on the members council with an attitude like that?

I mean you're more than welcome to pay that yourself but with an attitude like that, I hope your own thoughts are not blindsiding the thoughts of others in regards to pricing to make it fair for all.

Was it also ever discussed why families get a huge discount on ticket pricing compared to the rest of us?

Last edited:

Does anyone know if the council is providing any sort of a break in the rent due to limited capacity? Everyday landlords were asked to do it due to the virus, surely the council should too, especially as they are legally unable to provide all the seats.
And I agree, SCG or Gosford if it means getting bigger crowds and keeping prices down.

Does our membership apply the same for the Mudgee game re priority ticketing or is that mass availability in order to keep the Mudgee people happy?

Just my opinion, but if you're happy enough to pay $100 a ticket for a regular game, then are you really representing the members respectively by being on the members council with an attitude like that?

I mean you're more than welcome to pay that yourself but with an attitude like that, I hope your own thoughts are not blindsiding the thoughts of others in regards to pricing to make it fair for all.

Was it also ever discussed why families get a huge discount on ticket pricing compared to the rest of us?
It was a joke you Dickhead

There was plenty of thrashing out of ideas at the member council meeting when the membership modelling and ticketing was raised. I can assure you there were concerns raised in regards to potential pricing etc.

There were clear reasons from a club perspective in terms of why this was the most appropriate path to go down (financial viability, capacity etc).

It’s 100% not a one hat fits all model and not everyone will be better off, but this is a model to act as a bridging process for what could be an unpredictable year in 2021.

There was plenty of thrashing out of ideas at the member council meeting when the membership modelling and ticketing was raised. I can assure you there were concerns raised in regards to potential pricing etc.

There were clear reasons from a club perspective in terms of why this was the most appropriate path to go down (financial viability, capacity etc).

It’s 100% not a one hat fits all model and not everyone will be better off, but this is a model to act as a bridging process for what could be an unpredictable year in 2021.
Thanks Mitch!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4