Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

2021 Membership

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Got a text message from the club saying my membership was up for automatic renewal but my card number has changed. To opt out call or contact?
Wtf? I didn't set up an auto renewal. Ever! Due to finance and circumstance some years I'm a member, other times not.
I probably will be next year but I don't like being told I'm up for automatic renewal when I didn't ever organise this.
Not happy Manly membership.
I am poking my tongue out and blowing a raspberry in your direction.
Same.
Then I'm told by email the cost, and I have the option of donating the balance to the club by following a link to do a 'credit reconciliation'. Which I tried to do but could not, because I was required to enter my member number, which was on my member cards but I chucked them after the season. And when I logged on the website I couldn't even find my member number there! Either it was too hard or it was just me but either way in the end I gave up. Although I did email membership to say I'd tried, and I had intended to donate the balance, which they claim anyway as I didn't (couldn't) complete the linked form. No reply or acknowledgment though, which would have been nice.

Anyway I have supported the club through membership for a number of years but not sure how many more. I mean, for years it has not been a 'club', in the sense it has private owners and all we are really buying is ticket packages (or caps). If now we are buying the ability to buy tickets its getting a bit esoteric, like speculating on futures. Not sure if Rusty and Politis and the Broncos treat members this way, maybe they just throw in few 100k extra each season and don't worry about it.

ManlyArmy

Reaction score
I have just come across the pricing for members tickets for the first home game of the season and honestly I am actually fuming at these prices....

1606461503025.png
I know there will be limited access to Brookie in 2021, but fair dinkum who in their right mind thought it would be ok to charge members more than the game day ticketing price from previous seasons to sit on the hill when we've already paid $75 for a membership.

If you divide the $75 membership across the 9 home games ($8.33), our first game at Brookie will set me back $43.33 to sit on the hill.....

davohan123

Premium Member
Reaction score
That' $900 for 2 tickets if I go to all home games and sit in FMs stand where I normally sit yet I normally pay $450 All season for 2.

Crazy in a covid time to have those prices.

2022 we long term members better get a decent discount.

Sorry @The Wheel But the membership team have lost me on this one with the prices.

sheridanstand78

Reaction score
I have just come across the pricing for members tickets for the first home game of the season and honestly I am actually fuming at these prices....

View attachment 16060
I know there will be limited access to Brookie in 2021, but fair dinkum who in their right mind thought it would be ok to charge members more than the game day ticketing price from previous seasons to sit on the hill when we've already paid $75 for a membership.

If you divide the $75 membership across the 9 home games ($8.33), our first game at Brookie will set me back $43.33 to sit on the hill.....
This is a total rort! Over a decade I have paid no more than 28 dollars a game to watch a game at Brooky in my usual seat, now I am being asked to pay almost double to watch us play the Vermin.

This is exploitation and a kick in the teeth for loyal members like myself. I love going to Brookvale and have done since I was 8. This is a cynical money grab and my question is will these steep prices be in place when we go back to normal at some stage?

Mark from Brisbane

“ Triggered Boomer”
Premium Member
Reaction score
Remember we were told some games would be dearer , others a lot cheaper!!

It may well average out !!

PS: I don’t know if that’s fact but I’m sure Wheelie mentioned this at some stage.

ManlyArmy

Reaction score

PS: I don’t know if that’s fact but I’m sure Wheelie mentioned this at some stage.

Well to average it out, tickets should be around $15-20 for the lesser games, but then again if we're paying minimum $30 for a Thursday night game against the Panthers, you can tell they won't be coming down much more

sheridanstand78

Reaction score
I think we are now seeing how short sighted and unfair the decision on ticket pricing for the 2021 season.

For over a decade I have had a season ticket in the Fulton Menzies stand and I have been happy to pay the 280 dollars for 10 home games and that pricing is fair and reasonable. Now I am eing asked to pay for the same seat, up to 45 dollars for the Penrith game on a Thursday night and 50 buck for the Souffs game!

For the club to do this to their members and fans when people have lost jobs and income through this bloody pandemic, shows how out of touch the membership team are!

I predict there will be a massive back lash about this as this is what the Tigpies do at Leichhardt now to their fans and Leichhardt has not had a full house for a few seasons now.

Surely with the capacity being reduced it would be more advisable to increase tickets by the rate of inflation. I could live with paying 35 dollars even.

This pricing structure is a kick in the teeth for people who like going to games like myself. Is there any certainty that we will see any minor grades next year?? Will the pricing revert back once the Centre of Excellence is finished?

Massive fail from the club in my opinion!

davohan123

Premium Member
Reaction score
I think we are now seeing how short sighted and unfair the decision on ticket pricing for the 2021 season.

For over a decade I have had a season ticket in the Fulton Menzies stand and I have been happy to pay the 280 dollars for 10 home games and that pricing is fair and reasonable. Now I am eing asked to pay for the same seat, up to 45 dollars for the Penrith game on a Thursday night and 50 buck for the Souffs game!

For the club to do this to their members and fans when people have lost jobs and income through this bloody pandemic, shows how out of touch the membership team are!

I predict there will be a massive back lash about this as this is what the Tigpies do at Leichhardt now to their fans and Leichhardt has not had a full house for a few seasons now.

Surely with the capacity being reduced it would be more advisable to increase tickets by the rate of inflation. I could live with paying 35 dollars even.

This pricing structure is a kick in the teeth for people who like going to games like myself. Is there any certainty that we will see any minor grades next year?? Will the pricing revert back once the Centre of Excellence is finished?

Massive fail from the club in my opinion!
You took my words right out of my mouth
Me would of given the options for members to purchase game packs say 3 games for $90 ga admissions and $110 for grandstand seating.

As I said before I am going to pay nearly$ 1000 for the 9 home games where anzstadium membership will cost me about $1350 All year and that includes soo, grandfinal, rugby and soccer.

Please @The Wheel we are not having a go at you personally at all but I seriously feel this is not the decision to have been made in a global pandemic.

Will probably go to all 9 home games still and pay the money but wanted to make it clear I agree with above post this is very wrong for the club to do this.

castle eagle

Reaction score

View attachment 16060

due to other commitments ive been a non ticketed member for a couple of years as it is difficult to attend games, paying a similar price to what is asked now.
if i was in your shoes id be pi55ed!
but for me no different so i will renew shortly

ManlyArmy

Reaction score
Here's a good one:

1x adult ticket for a member for the Souths game - $35

2x adult and 1x child tickets under a family membership for the Souths game - $37... for three tickets!

davohan123

Premium Member
Reaction score

If that is the case the club next week should tell.members now that the full draw is out what is the prices for all matches, so we can know which matches are going to be the cheaper ones

Ryan

Reaction score
Just got my membership. Ups and downs, this team has given me so much entertainment and excitement over the years...

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
Reaction score
A couple of things I can add;

The pricing will vary per game depending how on time/opponent - Souths and last years GF and minor premiers will be at top of range.

There is no doubt the club is under the pump financially with reduced TV revenue, reduced crowd capacity and reduced corporate sales/sponsorship - this is strategy to maximize revenue to keep the club viable. It is tough on the regulars who attend every game.

sheridanstand78

Reaction score

The pricing will vary per game depending how on time/opponent - Souths and last years GF and minor premiers will be at top of range.

There is no doubt the club is under the pump financially with reduced TV revenue, reduced crowd capacity and reduced corporate sales/sponsorship - this is strategy to maximize revenue to keep the club viable. It is tough on the regulars who attend every game.
The club has shot itself in the foot over these ticket prices.

It is unrealistic to expect loyal season ticket holders to pay nearly double the amount of money to watch a match without any information about what a match day is going to look like, will there be minor grade footy to also watch? If Covid hits back, will there be refunds for tickets purchased? Will the pricing that we enjoyed for the 2020 season be available for members in 2022, when the centre of excellence is finished?

These are valid questions and people who like the experience of going to a match are going to have to ask themselves is it worth it?

The fact at Brookvale in its current state, if it is a wet day or night you have to sit in the grandstand and currently we have 4300 seats to offer under cover. The days of me sitting in the rain watching footy are long over. I pay more to get my seat to watch a game not having to worry about the elements.

I fear that the prices being listed by the club are going to drive the loyal fans away from the games. I am so disappointed that the club have not consulted the members about these changes.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Did it occur to them to instead slash ticket prices and try to to fill the ground? In hard economic times people always want cheap activities and entertainment options - there's a lot of evidence of that!!

Budgewoi Eagle

In for the long haul.
Premium Member
2016 Tipping Competitor
Reaction score
These sort of prices for, let's be honest, one of the League's crappiest grounds, are a serious misstep.

Last edited:

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did it occur to them to instead slash ticket prices and try to to fill the ground? In hard economic times people always want cheap activities and entertainment options - there's a lot of evidence of that!!

Not sure if you know there is a global pandemic on and capacity will be 50% and that has been reduced by the COE work.

Filling the ground will only be about 6 or 7 thousand. Corporate sales in boxes reduced similarly.

Latest posts

2020 Ladder

Team P W D L PD Pts
1 Panthers 20 18 1 1 299 37
2 Storm 20 16 0 4 258 32
3 Eels 20 15 0 5 104 30
4 Roosters 20 14 0 6 230 28
5 Raiders 20 14 0 6 128 28
6 Rabbitohs 20 12 0 8 169 24
7 Knights 20 11 1 8 47 23
8 Sharks 20 10 0 10 0 20
9 Titans 20 9 0 11 -117 18