2020 hooker (and Fainu disc.)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Cust or Croker for hooker 2020 if Nas is out

• Cust

Votes: 47 32.4%
  • Crocker

Votes: 16 11.0%
  • Zach Dockar-Clay

• Fainu

• Levi

Votes: 50 34.5%

• Total voters
And why does that matter, other than you require someone to be paid to take them seriously without forming your own opinion on what that person has to say regardless of them making an income or not.

I would say 80% of the current NRL coaches (and more like 90% in the past) are not worth the coin they are on.
There are lots of things I'm sort of alright at that I don't log in to forums pretending to have credentials in

Annoys me when people deflect or reduce personal responsibility for an individual passing it off as "mixing with the wrong crowd" to be the blame and cause.

The "bad crowd" is a group of individuals who made the exact same choices in life, nothing more nothing less.
Assuming he is guilty, it doesn't make him any less of an idiot. He just might have had a better chance of keeping his nose clean if he kept better company.

Regular readers will by now know I am a big Dessie fan .... in fact I have posted that part of my detestation for Penn was the development of the circumstances around a club legend like Des leaving at the end of 2011 ....

I say that because I don't want the numbnuts to confuse my next comment with calls of Des bashing ....

All these gushing posts about Des getting the best out of Levi ... are ..... let's just say ignoring the fact that at Bulldogs he failed to get the best out of Ennis or Cook .... and eventually replaced them with a muppet ..... his recent trackrecord of hookers is not good ....

Des is not a magican .... but at Manly he now has a first rate coaching team, a squad of happy motivated and confident players, with plenty of talent and competition for spots ...... the gound is virtile and many players, including Levi will bloom ....

Regular readers will by now know I am a big Dessie fan .... in fact I have posted that part of my detestation for Penn was the development of the circumstances around a club legend like Des leaving at the end of 2011 ....

I say that because I don't want the numbnuts to confuse my next comment with calls of Des bashing ....

All these gushing posts about Des getting the best out of Levi ... are ..... let's just say ignoring the fact that at Bulldogs he failed to get the best out of Ennis or Cook .... and eventually replaced them with a muppet ..... his recent trackrecord of hookers is not good ....

Des is not a magican .... but at Manly he now has a first rate coaching team, a squad of happy motivated and confident players, with plenty of talent and competition for spots ...... the gound is virtile and many players, including Levi will bloom ....
Yes. Why he let Cook go to Souffs is astounding.

Yes. Why he let Cook go to Souffs is astounding.

Different squads .. different strengths and weaknesses .... I think any good coach can tinker with and favour a certain "style" of attack .... but I don't think trying to change a players inherent nature will ever be overly successful .....

An interesting thought is ... I have read some smart peope talking about Levi, Api. Fainu and how their styles suit or hinder Tom ... and that they need to adjust to Tom's play ..... but .... given the dummy half is the most important cog that handles the ball for nearly 95% of plays .... should the team and Tom be adjusting to the hookers style or strengths .. ??

Is it Tom's obligation to time his run to suit the dummy half .... or can the dummy half time the play the ball to suit Tom ... ??

I think if you compared Desies lost diamonds vs his rocks to diamonds stories it would be a of overwhelming coaching success.

Ps - the year Cook was released they made the semis. The year after cook was released they made the qualifying finals.
Perhaps in that point in time, Des thought he had the squad to go all the way.... who knows.
And sometimes getting rid of one key player (ala Gifty) a whole team can fall to pieces.
We cant expect to even be remotely close to what the full picture was at that club at that time,way too many fundamentals.

While this fills 9 we gonna miss fainu. Quick darts and scoop pick ups.
Levi has potential have mate who knights fan said his defence is not nrl standard.

Looking forward to seeing how he goes after a pre-season with Des, Donny, Matt and Monna’s. Passes well left and right (in his YouTube highlights at least)

Has some pace, and I think we will see him running more through the ruck than he did at the Knights. Hopefully Ipape kicks on and we can see him work in tandem with Danny. In any case, we are looking much better in the hooker department than we were a few weeks back.

I think we will see him running more through the ruck than he did at the Knights
I'll be very surprised if Des doesn't have him focussing almost entirely on smart service to our halves and forwards, at least for the first couple of months (and on defence of course). But he has some speed, so eventually he can become a running threat, provided he first measures up OK in the dummy half fundamentals.

While this fills 9 we gonna miss fainu. Quick darts and scoop pick ups.
Levi has potential have mate who knights fan said his defence is not nrl standard.
Was any of their defence NRL standard last year ?

For a few games at the end of season Ponga and others looked like they weren't even trying to tackle opposition players.

Was any of their defence NRL standard last year ?

For a few games at the end of season Ponga and others looked like they weren't even trying to tackle opposition players.
Yeah I don't see hype in the roster either, outside ponga and klemmer.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2