2020 hooker (and Fainu disc.)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Cust or Croker for hooker 2020 if Nas is out

• Cust

Votes: 47 32.4%
  • Crocker

Votes: 16 11.0%
  • Zach Dockar-Clay

• Fainu

• Levi

Votes: 50 34.5%

• Total voters
All play individual sports bar Maradona and I’d suggest a team player needs the God like talents (pun intended) of a Maradona to not tarnish the brand and keep the sponsors invested.

And I completely agree with you that there are plenty of lovely Manly players, I just get disappointed when our own are rubbish people!
I wouldn't call them rubbish people, rather they're indulged and feted and they expect the world to lay at their feet.

That's why retirement is such a shock to them as 7 billion plus people wouldn't know them from a bar of soap :cool:

Lets hope that Manly takes Fan Engagement seriously and we don't have any more incidents :wait:

Bit like shutting the barn door after the horse has bolted.
In saying that, I won’t be making any more comments on here about the subject from now on.
I will write the email to the CEO . And we‘ll go from there.
Understand... but would like just one more post to advise if your email was taken seriously and if any action taken. I think education is the only way to stamp out unacceptable behavior but sadly, some will never learn.

that sounds pretty ****ed up wombat. Not impressed at all at these players and thier gang crap.
I agree Afb thinks hes the king of Tonga and fainu thinks he lives in Compton or LA... afb beats women and fainu seems to be a well rounded piece of **** so there's that. Took me awhile to accept afb, fainu as is could never play nrl again yet hes mocking our own fans on social media like he's some superstar. These two need to grow up fast and start earning our respect again

I wouldn't call them rubbish people, rather they're indulged and feted and they expect the world to lay at their feet.

That's why retirement is such a shock to them as 7 billion plus people wouldn't know them from a bar of soap :cool:

Lets hope that Manly takes Fan Engagement seriously and we don't have any more incidents :wait:

I can tell you the club take fan engagement seriously, as anyone at the Christmas Party or Open Training session will tell you. All the players there including Addin in particular, went out of their way to chat with fans and show their appreciation of the member/fan base.

So you can be sure they’ll take anything like this seriously.

Last edited:
Most professionally run organizations/companies have strict social media policies that have to be adhered to.The company I work for is very strict,you bring the company/brand into disrepute and you can kiss your job goodbye....
Whilst talent always talks and sacking a footy player for being a effwit on social media is unlikely to happen unless it is gravely serious,you would think that a professional sporting organization such as ours would have a social media policy written into contracts.(if it doesn't then it is a serious oversight by the people running the show).
If what has happened is true,I don't have the words to express how deeply disappointed I am about this incident.....

@Ryan had it spot on. My daughter was subjected to mocking ,ridicule, and bullying five nights ago on Instagram from Fainu , AFB, and Tongan hanger-ons .
She’s 22, and has had enough lectures from me on the pitfalls of social media, in particular Instagram. I just happened to walk past her room and heard her crying. I stepped in and she started blubbering that it was a live feed, with AFB and Fainu sitting on his hospital bed at Cronulla hospital.
What had her so upset was she (like a lot of us )gets star struck, so she was telling them how long she’d followed Manly. All the previous club functions she’d attended (she even sent a cpl pics of her and Foran, and Snake from 10 years ago as a way of stating she’s Manly through and through.) But what she got in return was smart-arse, mocking, ridiculed comments. I asked if she’d screen shoted any of the comments, but she was so upset that this was even happening, she hadn’t thought to do it.
It took me a good half hour to calm her down. She was devastated that Manly players could behave like this knowing she was a life long supporter.
I didn’t want to say anything with Christmas coming up. But I am still fuming. I think I should send a detailed letter to the club. But I’m not sure who too? Maybe @The Wheel or @Mitch may be able to help.
Post it on the clubs facebook page.

My daughter said AFB was the real antagonist, and Fainu went along with it.

Mate, I really don't have words apart from "Good on ya". No one should have to go through that, and I have a 19yr old daughter myself and would also be fuming if these events occurred. Manly is a great club, and because it is a great club it must make this right and change some of these attitudes for good.

In my case it would be my daughter first, before the Sea Eagles as well. Unfortunately, quite disappointed with the abovementioned players and now it just won't feel the same knowing they carry on like that. Hope your daughter recovers, and enjoys conversations with other Manly players that appreciate their fans.

As disappointing as it is, do we really need to make it so public knowledge so that the entire RL community can read and see what duds these guys are. I really don't see the point of sharing it and making it public with everyone. I think you will get better traction by dealing with it in a private manner with the club, that's just my 2 cents worth and good luck.

In no way is this defending what happened but I have started to get involved with educating parents & teachers on how to manage / deal with social media. All I will say on the matter is that we, as a society, are so far behind helping kids on how to manage and deal with it…it is not funny.

You’re probably right - they’d have the mental capacity, more likely a lack of education, or lack of opportunity for education when growing up. Easy to judge when we don’t know what challenges they faced when younger. Still the club need to set some strict guidelines on this sort of behaviour, and encourage them to meet or exceed those standards.

I’m not sure this kind of behaviour and/or attitude towards women has as much to do with ‘challenges’ as it does with the groupie culture that springs up around talented players from early teenage years onwards. They get used to girls throwing themselves at them (trying to attach themselves to a likely meal ticket, as well as for the social status it wins them) so they think they can get away with whatever rubbish behaviour they want - who cares if one girl gets upset about it, there are dozens more queued up behind her waiting for the star footy player to throw them some scraps.

It extends beyond that as well - I’ve seen coaches freely supplying 14 and 15 year old boys with bourbon at presentation day, and everyone turning a blind eye because hey, they won their grand final, they’re allowed to let loose. No wonder so many players have alcohol issues as well. Sure, lots of us were experimenting with booze at that stage - and hiding it from parents, not having it condoned and enabled by the adults around us!

In life, it's always an interesting example of.... duality when one quotes scriptures, expresses ones blessings, and praises 'the teachings' as something all can aspire to, then quickly reverts to "don't like me, f*** you and f*** off" when they aren't held in the same divine regard as they feel they are entitled to be.

Ah, the old “only god can judge me” BS - generally trotted out when you’re being an absolute twat and everyone around you is judging you accordingly...

Hi Wombatgc

I'm friends with one of the best criminal lawyers in Sydney and his feedback is:

"Without seeing the conversation on social media, potentially their actions constitute assault, but it may be difficult to successfully prosecute, so press for apologies etc and do not commence legal proceedings."

I doubt you or your daughter actually wanted to prosecute and your daughter is just devastated at what transpired in her interaction with a group that included two MWRLC players. It's very,very sad it occurred and an indictment on both players, if they have offended a passionate Manly supporter.

However, given that lots watch this site, I am sure the prosecution in Manase's current case would love to get hold of his social media banter to help prove their case and using it as a reference to his character.

Some people just don't learn, if everything you've said is in fact true. Oh... and by the way, given that you're complaining about how your daughter was treated, you may want to change the picture in your profile.

There is a chance that Fainu may never play for Manly again. That will depend on the court case as well if he shots himself (or stabs himself) in the foot in between time.

We are left in a bad situation what ever happens.

A friend of mine is an acquaintance of Craig Bellamy. When Craig first interviews a prospective player he takes them out for coffee. If they do not use the words please and thank you during the process of ordering/receiving the coffee he does not sign them. To do with manners. Not sure what it is to do with this thread but helps to have players of good character.

This incident was obviously very upsetting for the daughter of @wombatgc and very disappointing for the club's supporters. I think there has always been a history of not-so-good-behaviour by players in our club, but in the past, you only heard about it on the grapevine. Now, there are smartphones to record bad behaviour & social media to broadcast it instantly.

As we know, both players have prior bad form, and should be counting their lucky stars that they even have the opportunity to play NRL and earn good money. Fainu's sex tape was very distasteful - only a handful of young men would stoop so low. It's such a shame because he is a very talented player & exciting to watch (one of my favourites in the current team - I hope that he is found not guilty on the stabbing charge). A problem is that his friends & extended family include gang members. At heart individuals may be good, but can behave badly when constantly keeping company with less desireable types. It appears peer pressure is having a detrimental effect on these players.

I think management and Des should come down very hard to stamp out this behaviour. In Manase's case, I think he should be dissuaded from using social media. Also, maybe Des should push through his original idea to house the islander players from the west on the Northern Beaches (with perhaps a live in cook & house manager). The players should be encouraged to do a lot of community work and become role models for boys and young men from the west with similar backgrounds.

This incident was obviously very upsetting for the daughter of @wombatgc and very disappointing for the club's supporters. I think there has always been a history of not-so-good-behaviour by players in our club, but in the past, you only heard about it on the grapevine. Now, there are smartphones to record bad behaviour & social media to broadcast it instantly.

As we know, both players have prior bad form, and should be counting their lucky stars that they even have the opportunity to play NRL and earn good money. Fainu's sex tape was very distasteful - only a handful of young men would stoop so low. It's such a shame because he is a very talented player & exciting to watch (one of my favourites in the current team - I hope that he is found not guilty on the stabbing charge). A problem is that his friends & extended family include gang members. At heart individuals may be good, but can behave badly when constantly keeping company with less desireable types. It appears peer pressure is having a detrimental effect on these players.

I think management and Des should come down very hard to stamp out this behaviour. In Manase's case, I think he should be dissuaded from using social media. Also, maybe Des should push through his original idea to house the islander players from the west on the Northern Beaches (with perhaps a live in cook & house manager). The players should be encouraged to do a lot of community work and become role models for boys and young men from the west with similar backgrounds.
Definitely needs to get out of the environment he lives in. The tape and now this means something isn't good.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4