2020 hooker (and Fainu disc.)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Cust or Croker for hooker 2020 if Nas is out

• Cust

Votes: 47 32.4%
  • Crocker

Votes: 16 11.0%
  • Zach Dockar-Clay

• Fainu

• Levi

Votes: 50 34.5%

• Total voters
There are two sides to every story but that does sound pretty contemptible if it played out how your daughter said. So sad to see some of our best players carrying on like total turkeys online, it's enough to make me lose interest in following the team at all. If Fainu doesn't clean up his act quick smart I hope the club drop him like a bad habit.

@Ryan had it spot on. My daughter was subjected to mocking ,ridicule, and bullying five nights ago on Instagram from Fainu , AFB, and Tongan hanger-ons .
She’s 22, and has had enough lectures from me on the pitfalls of social media, in particular Instagram. I just happened to walk past her room and heard her crying. I stepped in and she started blubbering that it was a live feed, with AFB and Fainu sitting on his hospital bed at Cronulla hospital.
What had her so upset was she (like a lot of us )gets star struck, so she was telling them how long she’d followed Manly. All the previous club functions she’d attended (she even sent a cpl pics of her and Foran, and Snake from 10 years ago as a way of stating she’s Manly through and through.) But what she got in return was smart-arse, mocking, ridiculed comments. I asked if she’d screen shoted any of the comments, but she was so upset that this was even happening, she hadn’t thought to do it.
It took me a good half hour to calm her down. She was devastated that Manly players could behave like this knowing she was a life long supporter.
I didn’t want to say anything with Christmas coming up. But I am still fuming. I think I should send a detailed letter to the club. But I’m not sure who too? Maybe @The Wheel or @Mitch may be able to help.
Go for it...
Not acceptable - pure & simple.
I'd rather lose games than win on the back of d!ckheads

I had a bad feeling about this kid when his first episode of arseholeism became public and wanted to boot him right away. Unfortunately he shone on the field, became more wanted by the club and us fans, has been highly upgraded and it appears he is proving to be nowhere near being Manly. Des needs to turn him around real quick or he could be our first full-on problem player. I have never been confident of his character but AFB's inclusion in this crap really disappoints me. This sh1t is NOT Manly... stamp it out or cut the head off so it can't spread. We don't need players like these 2 are showing to be.

Last edited:
so can you please explain to me what a live feed is and how many people are on a live feed? are their (the players in this case) responses to an individual or just part of many responses to many people??

All this just goes to show that we can enjoy the talents we see on the field, but many of these footballers are truly socially challenged away from the park. There are a number of exceptions. Menzies, Cliffy, Tooves, Lyon, the Trbojevics etc. But many must shame their mothers big time.

@Ryan had it spot on. My daughter was subjected to mocking ,ridicule, and bullying five nights ago on Instagram from Fainu , AFB, and Tongan hanger-ons .
She’s 22, and has had enough lectures from me on the pitfalls of social media, in particular Instagram. I just happened to walk past her room and heard her crying. I stepped in and she started blubbering that it was a live feed, with AFB and Fainu sitting on his hospital bed at Cronulla hospital.
What had her so upset was she (like a lot of us )gets star struck, so she was telling them how long she’d followed Manly. All the previous club functions she’d attended (she even sent a cpl pics of her and Foran, and Snake from 10 years ago as a way of stating she’s Manly through and through.) But what she got in return was smart-arse, mocking, ridiculed comments. I asked if she’d screen shoted any of the comments, but she was so upset that this was even happening, she hadn’t thought to do it.
It took me a good half hour to calm her down. She was devastated that Manly players could behave like this knowing she was a life long supporter.
I didn’t want to say anything with Christmas coming up. But I am still fuming. I think I should send a detailed letter to the club. But I’m not sure who too? Maybe @The Wheel or @Mitch may be able to help.

FMD .... I'm speechless .... for once I have nothing .......

This whole court saga has be truly baffled. It was claimed that a judge said the victim was lucky to survive given the cut but the accused despite this is granted bail and not in remand. I would have thought such a serious accusation would never result in bail. If someone with any legal background can explain this to me I'd be grateful.

From what I’ve heard (only second hand and anecdotal) Manly has had players down through the ages who at times behave badly to fans or random members of the public.
Including some big names from our past. I’m sure we’d all love to think they are all as polite as Beaver and Dessie but that’s wishful thinking.
It’s obvious that culture in the game is a live issue and it would be really nice to think our club is a leading light in setting standards in this area, sadly does not appear to be the case, so S Humphries better get on it.

Social media ?? Seems antisocial in this instance. The way I look at it is that there are muppets everywhere - no reason to think manly sea eagles are immune to that. Disappointing, but at the end of the day they are just guys who are making the most of their physical skills to do a job, there’s no rule to say they have to have the mental capacity to go with those physical skills. Maybe we just flash them a new gang symbol for our FU gang

True true, there are ‘muppets everywhere’ but I doubt it is a lack of mental capacity, more an attitude or core belief that allows people to behave aggressively condescendingly etc. in other words a cultural thing. It’s quite appropriate for an organisation to try to take charge of its own culture, not to say its an easy fix of course

You’re probably right - they’d have the mental capacity, more likely a lack of education, or lack of opportunity for education when growing up. Easy to judge when we don’t know what challenges they faced when younger. Still the club need to set some strict guidelines on this sort of behaviour, and encourage them to meet or exceed those standards.

A know lot of work already goes into ‘educating’ the young players as they come into the system, including through NRL and especially the players association. It’s a big job ...! No reason our club can’t strive to be a leader in this area though, in terms of players own brand protection and also things like post footy careers. I’m sure Manly is doing a fair bit in this area although from what I hear it’s actually the (hated!) Storm setting the benchmark, I’d far prefer us to have that reputation

Latest insta posts from them both.

Attachments

• 741BD2B4-CCF8-4018-A22C-F9447C3F6C0B.png
    741BD2B4-CCF8-4018-A22C-F9447C3F6C0B.png
    66.8 KB · Views: 126
  • 57457FC1-67CE-471A-B157-7C810AED0FB3.png
    57457FC1-67CE-471A-B157-7C810AED0FB3.png
    50.4 KB · Views: 124
These guys seem oblivious to the fact that they are only gainfully employed as footy players at the good graces of fans who commit money and eyeballs to their product. If they are pricks in their "private" lives (not that social media is at all private), they are at risk of losing the goodwill that keeps them in a job. How this isn't drummed into them by the club is beyond me.

These guys seem oblivious to the fact that they are only gainfully employed as footy players at the good graces of fans who commit money and eyeballs to their product. If they are pricks in their "private" lives (not that social media is at all private), they are at risk of losing the goodwill that keeps them in a job. How this isn't drummed into them by the club is beyond me.
Not true, most high achievers are lacking in social graces as only their talent is of value to people who make money off them so they're bad graces are indulged :cool:

Ali, McEnroe, Maradona, Tyson, Woods, Kyrgios etc, etc

It's simple to end a virtual conversation on Social Media or choose to accept the trolling :wait:

All the best to your child @wombatgc and there are plenty of amiable Manly players now and in the future to cheer for :)

Last edited:
Ali, McEnroe, Maradona, Tyson, Woods, Kyrgios etc, etc
All play individual sports bar Maradona and I’d suggest a team player needs the God like talents (pun intended) of a Maradona to not tarnish the brand and keep the sponsors invested.

And I completely agree with you that there are plenty of lovely Manly players, I just get disappointed when our own are rubbish people!

In life, it's always an interesting example of.... duality when one quotes scriptures, expresses ones blessings, and praises 'the teachings' as something all can aspire to, then quickly reverts to "don't like me, f*** you and f*** off" when they aren't held in the same divine regard as they feel they are entitled to be.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8