2020 hooker (and Fainu disc.)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Cust or Croker for hooker 2020 if Nas is out

• Cust

Votes: 47 32.4%
  • Crocker

Votes: 16 11.0%
  • Zach Dockar-Clay

• Fainu

• Levi

Votes: 50 34.5%

• Total voters
If Des can turn a player like Parker around and bring the best out of him then Imagine what he could do to this bloke ....

I if was a betting man I would say Ipape will win a year contact. Looks good from what I’ve seen so far. He is no Fainu at any stretch but has plenty to soak up in the mean time with massive upside. Has some real promise.

Thanks for the updates guys. Although I'm up in PNG at present, I hadn't read the newspaper article.

If he's typical of the locals up here, he'll be a ball of muscle and as hard as nails. I hope the young fella makes good on his opportunity.

Our attack is largely based on working towards what the team calls a 'surge'. It is where we work the opposition around and throw a big body like an AFB to try and get a quick play-the-ball. From there, Fainu's job is to basically to run and everyone push up with him and play 'eyes up' footy. It worked perfectly the day we played the Eels at Brookie. When we started struggling a little at the back end of the year, teams were slowing down our ruck considerably and we couldn't use the 'surge'. We had limited structure to fall back on and struggled to score points.

Our best chance of scoring points is currently on bail.
If Des can make a game plan for one bunch of players he can make a different plan when that bunch changes. That’s the mark of a very good coach compared to an also ran. Why would you think we’ll have the same game plan as last year when a key player in a key position is unavailable?

Ipape looks like he has the makings of a good #14
Just what I was thinking. Potentially (best case) a Craig Wing type, strong and fast.
But that’s not exactly going to solve our hooker vacancy. Quite different skills needed for that position.

If Des can make a game plan for one bunch of players he can make a different plan when that bunch changes. That’s the mark of a very good coach compared to an also ran. Why would you think we’ll have the same game plan as last year when a key player in a key position is unavailable?
It has little to do with a game plan; attacking structures and game plans are two different things. Des is not strong when it comes to attacking structures. Successful Hasler teams have always had players that can break games open with natural ability (Barba, Stewart, etc). The core of his coaching is attitude and defence, not technical game plans around attacking structures.

It has been well documented in NRL circles that it is becoming increasingly hard to attack inside the opposition 20m zone. Breaking down opposition defences is tougher than ever and it is not one of Dessie's strengths. There was concern last year heading into the finals and we placed an increased focus on structure at training to try and become less predictable. We'll need more of the same now that Fainu is out.

What a try !!! Edwin Ipape made it look so easy against the English national team

The master of disaster Edwin Ipape strikes as he deceivingly looks to his left from dummy half and appears to be setting up play in that direction .

Edwin Ipape sees a gap up the middle of the field evades one desperate tackle and explodes into the clear

Edwin Ipape evades another player with his blistering pace and bursts his way to the try line leaving players in their wake to score near the posts with out a hand on him

Fast between the ears and fast on his feet . The raw Edwin Ipape was just way too good for his experienced and illustrious opponents .

What a fcking try by a fcking freak of a player

This is no NSW cup highlight reel...... Edwin Ipape looks like the real deal

Never ever saw Fainu score a blistering try like that from 65 metres out

Fainu is a very good player but we have a very good coach and a very good squad of players and are way above a one man team .

Play it again Sam ..... I can watch this all day

The Master of disaster, the king of sting , the one , the only Apoooolo Crrrrreeeed.

Like i posted weeks ago i did say he is a talented young player .Ive seen him play before and will be like stated a real x factor .

There was concern last year heading into the finals and we placed an increased focus on structure at training to try and become less predictable. We'll need more of the same now that Fainu is out.
Of course there was concern - we could barely field a team! And still we almost made it through.
I will always back Des.

Last edited:
It has little to do with a game plan; attacking structures and game plans are two different things. Des is not strong when it comes to attacking structures. Successful Hasler teams have always had players that can break games open with natural ability (Barba, Stewart, etc). The core of his coaching is attitude and defence, not technical game plans around attacking structures.

It has been well documented in NRL circles that it is becoming increasingly hard to attack inside the opposition 20m zone. Breaking down opposition defences is tougher than ever and it is not one of Dessie's strengths. There was concern last year heading into the finals and we placed an increased focus on structure at training to try and become less predictable. We'll need more of the same now that Fainu is out.
I'm no expert, but I sort of see Cherry-Evans (as a player) in the same vein that you see Hasler (as a coach). All halves obviously excel more when there is a 'flow/surge' forward, but for Cherry-Evans, I think this 'flow/surge' is critical for him to have influence on a game. Tom Trbojevic can produce something out of nothing, but I tend to agree that we may struggle a little without Koroisau and Fainu creating. I hope I am wrong.

If there is any veracity to Fainu's claim that the Police have nabbed the wrong man then surely the charge against him will be dropped by the time of the next court appearance. If Fainu has a number of supporting witnesses - plus the absurdity of a man in a sling with a shoulder injury jumping a wall to stab someone - then the Police will look like idiots if they continue with such a flimsy case.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4