2020 hooker (and Fainu disc.)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Cust or Croker for hooker 2020 if Nas is out

• Cust

Votes: 47 32.4%
  • Crocker

Votes: 16 11.0%
  • Zach Dockar-Clay

• Fainu

• Levi

Votes: 50 34.5%

• Total voters
We could then be like that movie from around 1990, The Two Jakes
starring Jack Nicholson and Harvey Keitel
I referenced that earlier with my Chinatown sequel comment but no movie buffs here.
Frankly, I was disappointed ...

God I hope we don't waste a cent on Granville. He hasn't played a decent game since 2015. The reason the Cowboys have struggled so much has a lot to do with this guy. The one thing he had was speed and 4-5 years have passed for a guy who was already a late bloomer. The acceleration he had is gone and there is not much else to his game. Injury and age have put paid to his greatest asset.

If some of you thought Api's service was questionable, wait until you see this guy. He basically cannot pass right to left.

Levi should be the guy we go for. Young, fast, strong and talented. With a decent coach like Des, the sky is the limit for him.

God I hope we don't waste a cent on Granville. He hasn't played a decent game since 2015. The reason the Cowboys have struggled so much has a lot to do with this guy. The one thing he had was speed and 4-5 years have passed for a guy who was already a late bloomer. The acceleration he had is gone and there is not much else to his game. Injury and age have put paid to his greatest asset.

If some of you thought Api's service was questionable, wait until you see this guy. He basically cannot pass right to left.

Levi should be the guy we go for. Young, fast, strong and talented. With a decent coach like Des, the sky is the limit for him.

Yep, been saying that for weeks,

Not convinced on Levi either, but is much better than Granville.

My decision on who the better option between Levi and Granville would be solely based on the "why" I am signing them ..... if the club believes that Fainu will eventually return and be our long term hooker ... then I am looking for someone that is willing to take a short term contract on a budget basis, and at best be a stand-in ..... then probably Granville

If I believe Fainu is a possibility of being Gonski for longer than a year ... then I am looking for a possible permanent replacement on good coin .... then probably Levi ....

I’m guessing the club is waiting on the next court appearance before making some sort of move??

Because you’d think the longer in the system a newbie has the better!!

My decision on who the better option between Levi and Granville would be solely based on the "why" I am signing them ..... if the club believes that Fainu will eventually return and be our long term hooker ... then I am looking for someone that is willing to take a short term contract on a budget basis, and at best be a stand-in ..... then probably Granville

If I believe Fainu is a possibility of being Gonski for longer than a year ... then I am looking for a possible permanent replacement on good coin .... then probably Levi ....
I can see your logic (and I think the club are looking at it that way) but I think we have a squad capable of challenging for the title next year. If we get Levi, I still think we can. If we get Granville, we'll be making up the numbers.

If the cap permits, I would be fine with Fainu and Levi sharing the 9 if Manase is found to be innocent. I know we let Api go to free up space but he was on more coin than Levi would be and it may just mean that we no longer have the coin for more depth somewhere else, but that is the price we have to pay given the situation that was/is out of our control.

I really cannot stand the thought of having to watch Granvile turn his whole body toward the touch line to pass right to left...makes me sick.

If the cap permits,

Yep ... that is the Gorilla in the room ....... and if the consensus opinion is that Fainu will be back ... what is your assesment on the chances they gamble on Croker and Cust (IPape) as short term fixes ??

Has anyone heard any whispers of Jake Granville being on our radar as a possible replacement for Manase if the worst happens and he does a De Belin ?

Saw it on one of the Facebook supporter pages but was the first I'd heard of it.

Always thought he was a great 9. We could do a lot worse.

Theres already a few that seem in the picture with Glanville, Levi and the PNG dummy half a few options mentioned.
I think there may be more options also but as we sit today....until we get the Fainu verdict, or are allowed financial compensation, I don’t think there is much cap space to move....I thought there would be more with a few players leaving, bigger cap and our fines done, but I don’t believe Manly have much spare atm.

until we get the Fainu verdict, or are allowed financial compensation, I don’t think there is much cap space to move.
Catch 22, unfortunately. While it remains likely that Fainu will have to wait for a trial in late 2020, that probably won't be confirmed until late April.
So the NRL won't consider a full season salary cap dispensation until he gets a trial date and it is therefore certain his no-fault stand-down will operate all season.
This will make it a little more tricky to sign a qualified replacement.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4