2020 hooker (and Fainu disc.)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Cust or Croker for hooker 2020 if Nas is out

• Cust

Votes: 47 32.4%
  • Crocker

Votes: 16 11.0%
  • Zach Dockar-Clay

• Fainu

• Levi

Votes: 50 34.5%

• Total voters
I have a sneaky suspicion Fainu will be cleared. Hopefully sooner rather than later but I reckon our little hooker will be sweet. Let's hope he learns a valuable lesson and comes back even better and more determined and help deliver us a couple more premierships
I agree
My opinion only, but I believe he knows who actually held the knife during the stabbing and is keeping quite out of loyalty and code.
Hopefully the police do a thorough job and find the real perpetrator, eventually the truth will come out hopefully sooner rather than later.

I agree
My opinion only, but I believe he knows who actually held the knife during the stabbing and is keeping quite out of loyalty and code.
Hopefully the police do a thorough job and find the real perpetrator, eventually the truth will come out hopefully sooner rather than later.
if that's the case then he's aiding & abetting a criminal & could serve time for it. Stupid is as stupid does...

Personally I think we have little choice but to buy one.

We need two anyway.
Totally agree. Even if Fainu becomes available, I think he's way too vulnerable both on-field (injury wise) and off-field (gang/culture wise) to rely on just him.

I was going to comment that I can't understand why Manly supposedly withdrew their offer to Issac Luke...until I read he's just signed with the Dragons. So there goes that option. The search continues...

Getting back on track does anyone think we’ll buy a hooker or just try and train one up???

Personally I think we have little choice but to buy one.

We need two anyway.
I believe we need to recruit a solid one. Such an important position. Croker and Cust is a gamble. I mean look at Penrith, A+ squad without a certified rake and they struggled. Koroisau will make a huge difference to them this year.

Totally agree. Even if Fainu becomes available, I think he's way too vulnerable both on-field (injury wise) and off-field (gang/culture wise) to rely on just him.

I was going to comment that I can't understand why Manly supposedly withdrew their offer to Issac Luke...until I read he's just signed with the Dragons. So there goes that option. The search continues...
Luke to play 9 McInnis into back row lol.. mcinnes has to be in the top 3 hookers in the game!! Mary has lost the plot.. will be first coach gone this year without a doubt. He has no clue. I reckon we should try and poach him with the promise of 9 or Jake friend

Dont know if this has been mentioned, but what about bringing Buhrer home to play 9 .
Lol in our dreams (well mine anyway).

In case you missed it, he retired this week. Otherwise would've loved him to :inlove:

Here we go again, reduced to scraping the bottom of the barrel due to foolishness. What’s happening to our players? What space have they got their heads in? The more things are changing, the more they are staying the same.We need to get rid of the garbage at our club. Thank god for the turbo brothers and a few others,otherwise I don’t think we would have a club to support. I,m f...ing over this. We are becoming a laughing stock. No matter who comes through it turns to sh....t. Our very own Manly is turning to sh...t. We had two good hookers with a system in place on the field and now find ourselves scraping the barrel. We had players at the club to do well and now this. Guilty or not, this **** needs to stop and the Manly heads need to clean up the backyard quickly.

Not sure if he has a strong family but boy they need to get him under control.

There’s 1000’s of islander boys who never get a chance at being anything so if I could get in his ear I’d be saying these four words “ don’t **** up again”.
Wr don’t even know if he has stuffed up yet though do we? And people who want to say he shouldn’t have been at the church dance at all... All I can say to that is REALLY???

If he is in fact guilty, then it will be time for the you can’t afford to mess this up again discussion. But he claims to be innocent as far as I can tell.

Here we go again, reduced to scraping the bottom of the barrel due to foolishness. What’s happening to our players? What space have they got their heads in? The more things are changing, the more they are staying the same.We need to get rid of the garbage at our club. Thank god for the turbo brothers and a few others,otherwise I don’t think we would have a club to support. I,m f...ing over this. We are becoming a laughing stock. No matter who comes through it turns to sh....t. Our very own Manly is turning to sh...t. We had two good hookers with a system in place on the field and now find ourselves scraping the barrel. We had players at the club to do well and now this. Guilty or not, this **** needs to stop and the Manly heads need to clean up the backyard quickly.

Top quality rant
9.5/10

I got the feeling you were typing with one hand, and pounding the shiit out of whatever was in front of your fist with the other.

Players' union claims NRL's stand-down rule isn't working

Adrian Proszenko

By Adrian Proszenko

November 14, 2019 — 2.42pm

Players' union claims NRL's stand-down rule isn't working
The player’s union continues to oppose the NRL’s ‘no fault’ stand-down policy in the belief the hardline measure isn’t adequately addressing the issue of off-field player behaviour.

The governing body introduced the rule in the hope it would placate sponsors and stem the spate of incidents that resulted in the last preseason being dubbed the “summer of hell”. However, the game’s stars continue to bring the game into disrepute with monotonous regularity.

Manly hooker Manase Fainu (centre) is under house arrest  after being hit with three charges relating to an alleged stabbing at a church dance.

Manly hooker Manase Fainu (centre) is under house arrest after being hit with three charges relating to an alleged stabbing at a church dance.Credit:Louise Kennerley

In the space of a few weeks, David Fifita and Nelson Asofa-Solomona were involved in separate incidents outside the same nightclub in Bali, former Souths star Sam Burgess has been issued with an AVO after an altercation with his estranged father-in-law, Josh Dugan was reportedly involved in a nightclub fracas in Queensland and Manly hooker Manase Fainu is under house arrest after he was charged with stabbing a man at a Mormon church dance.

The Rugby League Players’ Association is in mediation talks with the NRL after claiming the introduction of the stand-down rule breached the terms of their collective bargaining agreement. If the parties don’t resolve the matter it will be sent to arbitration, with an outcome expected before the start of the 2020 season.
This is really an irrelevant point from the union as the no fault stand down wasnt introduced to improve player behaviour, it's there to protect the image of the game.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4