2020 hooker (and Fainu disc.)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Cust or Croker for hooker 2020 if Nas is out

• Cust

Votes: 47 32.4%
  • Crocker

Votes: 16 11.0%
  • Zach Dockar-Clay

• Fainu

• Levi

Votes: 50 34.5%

• Total voters
Just sad that one young person is injured and another is in jail.
I'm not writing off Manly's chances due to this player. Training can result in an ACL. Any player can be lost at any time. We just need someone with the right attitude to pull on the jersey to fill the hole.
There's good coaching in place.
I still believe #9 isn't far away.

Regardless of guilty or not guilty, this will take some time to get to court. If he this goes to trial, we won't see him in 2020.
It's not just Manly chasing a replacement or manufacturing a replacement, it is now an opportunity for some of these players outside of the top 17 in their clubs to come knocking at the door. The player managers will be circling.

Be careful about assuming guilt because of bail refusal. They may not have even applied for bail today - that’s often done a few weeks down the track when the legal team have had a chance to put an argument together, arrange sureties, etc. Remember the chef guy who killed that bloke who broke into his house a couple of years back? His lawyers didn’t apply for bail for several weeks - when they did, it was granted.

Guys like de Belin and Hayne, on the other hand, may well be guilty. Just because they’ve been granted bail doesn’t mean they’re innocent.

If bail were an indicator of guilt or innocence, there would be no need for any further court proceedings.
Its simple stay out of trouble and away from ****wits. Guilty or not this won't be resolved til next year.

Not many on here are giving him the benefit of the doubt. He says he didnt do it then there is every chance he will get off. We are real quick to judge and throw the book at people here at Silvertails. Ill give him the benefit of the doubt and hope he proves most on here wrong that it was just wrong place wrong time HOWEVER even if innocent, after following him on Instagram he really does need to sort himself out if he wants to have a long career as a professional athlete. But just cos the guy is a bit loose and hangs around some questionable people doesnt automatically make him a criminal and to actually stab someone well that's a whole new level.
If I were the club, I'd get them all off insta - Manase, AFB, and Moses in particular love the gangsta stuff and smoking hookahs (not a reference to our own smoked hooker).
If you want to get all corporate marketing - it's definitely not a good look for the 'brand'.

Verrills is holidaying with Cust over in Japan at the World Cup at the moment - maybe Cade can have a quiet word over a beer or 2

Recently signed on for two years , doubt the Goosters would let him go without some sort of swap in their favour. Schuster springs to mind.

Attachments

• images (7).jpeg
    images (7).jpeg
    17.6 KB · Views: 14
Commonwealth DPP have nothing to do with Fainu's case. It's adjourned for 8 weeks for the police to prepare the brief of evidence, then adjourned for 6 weeks for the DPP (NSW) to certify charges. These timetables are now set by statute.

The problem Manly has (and Fainu for that matter) is that these sort of charges take ages to conclude, especially if contested, which it sounds like will happen here. Put it this way, De Belln was charged in December 2018 and hasn't had his trial yet.

Scandalous delays in the District Court, nevertheless he is already on no-fault stand down by the NRL so unless something dramatic occurs he's gone for 2020 - and that is the best case scenario.

A disaster for Fainu and Manly really.

edit - best case scenario would be for a negotiation with the DPP to substitute charges that can at least be determined in the local court. No way to know yet how possible that will be. If it happens, it at least offers the possibility of a local court hearing which ought to occur a fair bit sooner than a trial in the district Court.

@SeaEagleRock8 you are correct in everything you stated I was rushing to get out of the office and drive home that I pasted the CDPP information. Essentially they have the same function only one works on Commonwealth law and the other on State law.

Basically the reason for my post is for everyone to calm down and allow the process to take it's course rather than speculate.

His next court appearance will be next Tuesday and was refused bail today for what reason and why I am not certain but I do know its a serious charge he is facing and maybe because of his high profile they are going to be tougher.

What I do know this is the last thing our club really needed regardless of being innocent or guilty. Why on earth even put yourself in a situation like this in the first place is beyond me but I to was once young, stupid and full of mistakes so I can't really talk. @:cry:

Basically the reason for my post is for everyone to calm down and allow the process to take it's course rather than speculate.
Interesting that it was adjourned to Tuesday, maybe the bail application was put over till then? Anyway I agree with you, allow the process to go on and not much to gain by speculation.

However either way, this potentially could derail our 2020 season. Not just losing a key player, but the circumstances will surely have a deflating and distracting effect on morale for the rest of the squad. It will certainly need all of the Des experience and wisdom to keep them focused on footy now.

or Option D
Mat Ballin is only 35, can we get a year out of him?
Matt was a great durable player for us but in his last 2 years with the Tigers his body could only carry him on the playing filed for 3 games . Matt is done .,

On Api, I think the club would have still considered letting him go to balance the cap. Esp with the turbos situation (no doubt Fainu influenced this aswell).

If not him, then perhaps walker would have been shown the door, butstill dont think Api was safe.

Interesting that it was adjourned to Tuesday, maybe the bail application was put over till then? Anyway I agree with you, allow the process to go on and not much to gain by speculation.

However either way, this potentially could derail our 2020 season. Not just losing a key player, but the circumstances will surely have a deflating and distracting effect on morale for the rest of the squad. It will certainly need all of the Des experience and wisdom to keep them focused on footy now.
The other big worry as far as the club goes, is this is where sponsors use this sort of thing as an out for themselves.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6