2020 hooker (and Fainu disc.)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Cust or Croker for hooker 2020 if Nas is out

• Cust

Votes: 47 32.4%
  • Crocker

Votes: 16 11.0%
  • Zach Dockar-Clay

• Fainu

• Levi

Votes: 50 34.5%

• Total voters
My prediction is that Levi will quickly become a fan favourite and have a ripper year behind a dominant pack ..... he is an old head tough bastard and the team and fans will love the attitude he brings to the middle ..... Fainu is good .... but I don't think he will just walk back into the team if I am correct ....

I read this morning that Manase will need to undergo further shoulder surgery once his infection fully heals (in a months time at the earliest), which will likely rule him out for the entire 2020 season, no matter what the outcome of his court case is.
MAN can kiss any compensation from the no fault stand down rule Good Bye.

MAN can kiss any compensation from the no fault stand down rule Good Bye.
Regardless of injury im pretty sure we would still be offered "compensation" Injuries after the fact should/would have no bearing on the outcome. I also believe the money would still need to come out of the penns pocket so we may just decide to use eddie and ZDC as extra options instead of spending money on a different player anyway.

As painful as it is, we need to move on from Fainu for now. This is out of our hands and we need to ensure that the alternatives that we have can fill the void. Lets see if these options like Levi, Croker and Cust can step up!
Agreed. I haven't seen enough of Levi to have an opinion one way or the other, nor of Croker for that matter, but Cade Cust belongs in the NRL. I'm confident he can take the opportunity if it comes his way.

I’m pretty excited with Levi coming over. I didn’t mind watching him for the Knights. But got the feeling he was pedal to the metal from kick-off, then tire badly after 25-30 minute mark, and would be found wanting in defence, and just getting back on-side. I really think Matty Ballin will have a huge impact on his game. Increase his stamina and control around the ruck.

My prediction is that Levi will quickly become a fan favourite and have a ripper year behind a dominant pack ..... he is an old head tough bastard and the team and fans will love the attitude he brings to the middle ..... Fainu is good .... but I don't think he will just walk back into the team if I am correct ....
Agreed totally Woodsie - I think he will be a fabulous tough hooker - maybe not as brilliant but will bring a bit extra steel to the side.

This is a really REALLY big chance for Danny Levi, if he goes well we will go well and if he goes well I’d suggest Fainu might struggle to get back in even if found innocent.

And if guilty, well he’ll very likely find himself behind bars for a bit and footy will be a distant memory.

Re MF I've just had an email from Detective turdchomper wanting to book my camera filming services to' recreate a morman church dance stabbing CCTV incident' apparently it's for 'training purposes' but I'm not so sure.....

Looks like that Levi will only get one trial opportunity to hone his game into the Manly style of play but he has played his share of representative games now so should be able to adjust O K . No concerns over his attacking ability or general pass selection and efficiency , just effective middle defence and i guess as long as he can at least hold his own there , good . The same really applies for Croker , Cust and Ipane as well , just have to have some confidence in the coaching staff and systems to provide the best preparation and instruction to get the best out of them .

I think Ipape will be some time from first grade just yet but good that he gets to show his wares this weekend.

His chance might come if 1) Levi fails 2) Fainu doesn’t return to football.

His chance might come if 1) Levi fails 2) Fainu doesn’t return to football.
or 3) if Levi gets hurt.
A long long season ahead, with a lot of unpleasant giants to tackle each week.
Levi seems a bit on the small side (may just have been one photo I saw, not sure of his actual size). Fainu was big for a hooker, Api not so much but he was deadly in defence.

Isn’t it weird how 90% of us watch all the Manly games but really don’t notice any players on the opposite team. Sure we’ll see a Cam Smith or J Thurston of K Ponga, but we don’t see the rest of them. They’re just the other bastard team.
So when we get a player like Levi, we’re all at a bit of a loss to know what he’s actually like even though we’ve actually seen him a bunch of times.
Funny old world.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4