2020 hooker (and Fainu disc.)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Cust or Croker for hooker 2020 if Nas is out

• Cust

Votes: 47 32.4%
  • Crocker

Votes: 16 11.0%
  • Zach Dockar-Clay

• Fainu

• Levi

Votes: 50 34.5%

• Total voters
Seems Croker is the cream of the cake in the eyes of many on this forum. Personally I've seen little to justify that adulation. His first year with us was a disaster, which seems to have been forgotten. His last year was spent mostly on the side lines. He played a few...very few only 5 games in 2019..and yes he played quite well. But hardly outstanding. In fact it was Cust who received many of the kudos playing 5/8 early in the season before he hit a brisk wall (was man of the match in one game). This love affair with Croker has me a little baffled. Sure both he and Cust are still young and they both might become outstanding players. But so far I've seen a little of it from Cust and a little from Croker, but hardly justification to be seen at this stage as the great 5/8 hope

Dummy half is so critical in the modern game. It’s a huge gamble starting the season without an experienced number 9.
It's an even bigger gamble to rely on a bloke who has only played 1 game in 2016, zero in 2017, 8 in 2018 and only 5 in 2019 - all due to injury.
Yes he's still young and known to be a fitness fanatic, but if you are talking about a gamble, this is a doozy!

Similar situation with Fainu now to the pre season last year when Walker had his legal issues to contend with . Combined also now with unavoidable cap restrictions and general uncertainty , no player [ or a 9 ] of note will come into calculation and in the meantime the club just has to adjust , Unless some current contracted player on some type of decent coin is deemed surplus to requirements and i am sure that that will not go down well in some circles then . injury prone players can come good , inexperienced players can also improve and go to another level if given an opportunity . Gambles , hopeful expectations , not ideal but just part of the mix as things now are . ,

Also don’t forget Fainu was originally a half in the U20s not a 9
So anything is possible, assuming no outside purchase I’d be giving ZDC and Cust a go after intense defensive drills ofcourse.

Also don’t forget Fainu was originally a half in the U20s not a 9
So anything is possible, assuming no outside purchase I’d be giving ZDC and Cust a go after intense defensive drills ofcourse.
We need Alex on the coaching squad. Fuuck Storm and Smith in particular. Fight fire with fire.

Not sure if anyone listened to WE BSB with noted Manly hater and serial DH Jimmy Smith (I only listen to the Rugby League segment ,and then go back to some Mahler) but they had Bulldog on and he said Des was confident of having Fainu back round 1 and that the fall back was Croker then Cust . So I hope bulldog is right!!
Go Manly

Not sure if anyone listened to WE BSB with noted Manly hater and serial DH Jimmy Smith (I only listen to the Rugby League segment ,and then go back to some Mahler) but they had Bulldog on and he said Des was confident of having Fainu back round 1 and that the fall back was Croker then Cust . So I hope bulldog is right!!
Go Manly
Hmm I doubt it we will have Cust and croker.. and ipapi or whatever his name is. Docker clay also so we have a few options i think cust will do a great job he tough crafty and likes to run. Croker wearing the 14

Hmm I doubt it we will have Cust and croker.. and ipapi or whatever his name is. Docker clay also so we have a few options i think cust will do a great job he tough crafty and likes to run. Croker wearing the 14
You'd think Croker will start and cust off the bench. Edwin Ipape is a smokey for a bench spot if he trains his ass off. Im fairly confident Fainu is innocent, its just the time its going to take to clear him is the problem. Once found innocent it should spell the end of Greenberg and his ridiculous stand down rule

You'd think Croker will start and cust off the bench. Edwin Ipape is a smokey for a bench spot if he trains his ass off. Im fairly confident Fainu is innocent, its just the time its going to take to clear him is the problem. Once found innocent it should spell the end of Greenberg and his ridiculous stand down rule
I think cust will start and croker will play the last 10-15 of the 1st half and then stay on for 10 to 15 of the 2nd. Or croker for the 1st 20 then cust on for the rest of the game. I really hope fainu gets cleared that would be awesome we need him and he was so good last year. I don't think it will go away b4 season starts though

Last edited:

I’m hearing that the boys really love Ipape but the language barrier is making it a bigger challenge for him. Running different plays rather following team instructions seem to be a big issue.

I’m hearing that the boys really love Ipape but the language barrier is making it a bigger challenge for him. Running different plays rather following team instructions seem to be a big issue.
Interesting, never really thought about that but I suppose if he is only used for short stints off the bench against tired defenders then the language won't be such an issue.

Good practice for the whole Team in simplifying their calls for all concerned.

K.I.I.S.S - 'Run it Fck Ya!' Worked well in the past :wait:

Eddie the Eagle is a likely Fan Fave at Brookie :inlove:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7