2020 hooker (and Fainu disc.)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Cust or Croker for hooker 2020 if Nas is out

• Cust

Votes: 47 32.4%
  • Crocker

Votes: 16 11.0%
  • Zach Dockar-Clay

• Fainu

• Levi

Votes: 50 34.5%

• Total voters
Haven't read all the replies so not sure if anyone had mentioned Hastings. He'll do really great under Des and surely he and DCE are ok with each other. I know Hastings was hung out to dry but that was with a rookie coach.

No, it's a separate offence, although police routinely over-charging is a thing. There are far too many variables in a case like this to speculate. We'll all have to wait patiently to see how this unfolds (unfortunately).
[/QUOTE]

I totally agree SeaEagleRock8, we absolutely have no where near enough information to know exactly what has transpired on the night. However, if the little information that has been given is anywhere near the truth, I give Manise the full benefit of the doubt until the facts come to light. I say this because I find it hard to understand that there was a brawl (not a fight), with several people involved who all left the scene before police arrived (apparently).

It seems a bit hard for me to believe that a man that has one arm in a sling (obviously in discomfort), recovering from shoulder surgery was able to weave, attack and push through a group of people to get to the victim and stab him (apparently it was a brawl involving several). The stabbing actually punctured the lung (apparently), so there was some force one would think. I find it difficult to accept this very little information can somehow be even close to justify guilt, there needs to be extensive amounts of information provided for me to make any judgement. Information that is not at my disposal.

Can anyone give any sort of guesstimate on the potential court proceedings?
Regardless of how things play out this will be our biggest problem. If Manase is innocent could this whole thing drag out in the same way as DeBellin's and essentially rule him out for over a season. Also if the club holds the belief that he is innocent until proven otherwise (as they must) then how can they possibly sign another 9 who is good enough to start and is willing to sign on a temporary basis?
As sad as it is I think we are stuck with Cust, Croker or Docker Clay (or whoever the club had planned to sign as a bench 9).

The fact he is held in custody is a concern unless there is a technicality.

Local school teacher with dozens of charges against him was out on bail up until his trial for molesting school children, one kid alone had been attacked over 100 times. There was more than 20 victims that came forward.
And they say justice is blind and the Law is an Ass !!!! Go Figure

Can anyone give any sort of guesstimate on the potential court proceedings?
Regardless of how things play out this will be our biggest problem. If Manase is innocent could this whole thing drag out in the same way as DeBellin's and essentially rule him out for over a season. Also if the club holds the belief that he is innocent until proven otherwise (as they must) then how can they possibly sign another 9 who is good enough to start and is willing to sign on a temporary basis?
As sad as it is I think we are stuck with Cust, Croker or Docker Clay (or whoever the club had planned to sign as a bench 9).

Agree ... but I doubt Dessie will simply write 2020 off ... he will want a strong hooker and unless he has confidence in somebody we have ... my concern is that we will have to off-load a good player to afford one .... and by a good one I am thinking of a Joel Thompson level player ...

It would have to be a player another club wanted .... ?

Give yourself an uppercut Terry ... Hasler was the bloke that let Ennis go to win a premireship with Cronulla ... and then let Damian Cook go ... all so he could keep a muppet .... FMD ...

And you suggest a witch-hunt over a kid that left 3 years before playing 1st grade ....

.... And at the time we had both Api and Fainu .... both who have achieved far more than Verrills at this stage ....
Stirring the pot Woodsie and right on cue you responded.

To the best of my knowledge premiership winner Verrills hasn’t faced court on three charges related to an assault; or prior to that, filming someone without their permission during the course of a sexual act. So I agree, clearly behind Fainu at this stage.

Something about uppercuts..

I would be targeting Harry Grant from the Storm to come on up to the Eagles....behind the 2 Smiths and very talented,wanting game time.However would want to give Fainu benefit of the doubt for a while.

Regardless of any benefit of the doubt, with the length of time it will take for the legal process and the NRL already standing him down.....Fainu is pretty much next to no chance of playing in 2020 at the very least.

Fact is that unless someone else comes forward and confesses that it was they and not Manase who did the stabbing and there are witnesses that can confirm that, Manly will need a new #9 next year.

Stirring the pot Woodsie and right on cue you responded.

To the best of my knowledge premiership winner Verrills hasn’t faced court on three charges related to an assault; or prior to that, filming someone without their permission during the course of a sexual act. So I agree, clearly behind Fainu at this stage.

Something about uppercuts..

You seem to have forgotten the subject .... however, if just stirring the pot is your goal ... then I guess just typing random nonsense is a sucessful strategy ....

I get the feeling that it will either be Cust (most likely given his past in the position) or Croker who gets first crack at hooker next year rather than the club just looking to bring someone else in.

From things I have heard, they were the ones in line to take over the vacant bench hooker/utility spot anyway.

Docker-Clay might be a shot, but given that Cust and Croker have actual first grade experience and he doesn't, I think internally at least he would probably be 3rd cab off the rank.

One thing that should be remembered. The hooker has to work in well with the halves and probably fullback (i.e. DCE, Walker and Tom) so Des will probably want someone who knows their and the teams style of play rather than someone who has to basically learn it from scratch. And if that is the case then Cust and Croker are the logical choices.

Regardless of any benefit of the doubt, with the length of time it will take for the legal process and the NRL already standing him down.....Fainu is pretty much next to no chance of playing in 2020 at the very least.

Fact is that unless someone else comes forward and confesses that it was they and not Manase who did the stabbing and there are witnesses that can confirm that, Manly will need a new #9 next year.
I disagree. If, as Fainu says, it is a case of mistaken identity then there would be plenty of witnesses to support this. Plus, if the knife used can't be traced to him then it would seem to me that the charges will be dropped quickly. It wouldn't surprise me if this happens before his next court appearance. The Police will need evidence as to who brought the knife to the church car park. It could have been the victim. He could have started the trouble and had the knife turned on him by someone trying to defend themselves.
Fainu says he wasn't involved and that should be sufficient for none of us to jump to conclusions.
While I haven't heard I'd think that Fainu would already be out on bail.

I disagree. If, as Fainu says, it is a case of mistaken identity then there would be plenty of witnesses to support this. Plus, if the knife used can't be traced to him then it would seem to me that the charges will be dropped quickly. It wouldn't surprise me if this happens before his next court appearance. The Police will need evidence as to who brought the knife to the church car park. It could have been the victim. He could have started the trouble and had the knife turned on him by someone trying to defend themselves.
Fainu says he wasn't involved and that should be sufficient for none of us to jump to conclusions.
While I haven't heard I'd think that Fainu would already be out on bail.
Thankyou!!!

The media are hard to follow as they make so many BS stories, that they are totally different after a while....
There was a claim he "handed himself in" as in confessing to being guilty...this would then be basically a shut case.
If however he went in to the police to simply state he was at the scene, but did not commit the crime, that is not "handing himself in"....more claiming innocence.
Must there be some sort of evidence or witnesses for the police to have held him ?

When does the pre season start? How long have they got?

As I said,I would be looking at a plan B,but with a lot of people available and with plenty of guys waiting behind others,it would not be hard to find someone and a club willing to let a good player go if we were to pay out some of their contract(eg Wade Egan to Warriors).We have Cust,ZDC,Croker and young Ott is still with the club and a talent,there are usually only 1 or maybe 2 hookers at a club playing regular NRL so many looking for an opportunity.It is great to have an elite number 9 but not necessary to be a successful,winning club.

so much for me thinking it was a media beat up!

Manase claims he is innocent and wasn't near the melee and if true, his incarceration is an experience he should never have gone through but, if it's gang related, he's probably better off where he is rather than possible retaliation, which tends to happen.

If he is innocent, given these days of social media, I am sure someone at the fracas filmed it, as it's just the norm these days. A fracas and people just pull out their phones and film it. If it wasn't filmed and Manase is innocent, given the way gangs work, whoever did it will be called to account by Manase's so called 'brotherhood' and will come forward.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8