2019 State of Origin Chat. DECIDER!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
I know I know, plenty will jump in here to say "Origin means little to me, I've lost interest" "I only follow the Manly players" or "Don't pick Manly players let them focus on who pays them"

Buuut, for the rest of us, lets talk Origin

My NSW team

1. Tedesco
2. Addo Carr
3. Ramien
4. Mitchell
5. Ferguson (Turbo if by some miracle he played and got through)
6. Keary
7. Cleary
8. Klemmer
9. Cook
10. Vaughan
11. Cordner
12. Frizell
13. Trbojevic

14. Matterson
15. Hass
16. Mclean
17. Crichton

I know I know, plenty will jump in here to say "Origin means little to me, I've lost interest" "I only follow the Manly players" or "Don't pick Manly players let them focus on who pays them"

My NSW team

1. Tedesco
2. Addo Carr
3. Ramien
4. Mitchell
6. Keary
7. Cleary
8. Klemmer
9. Cook
10. Vaughan
11. Cordner
12. Frizell
13. Trbojevic

14. Matterson
15. Hass
16. Mclean
17. Crichton
Thats a good team feathered friend

If Cotric has another good game at centre maybe him of Ramien......that right centre spot the toughest pick

My NSW team

1. Tedesco
2. Addo Carr
3. Ramien
4. Mitchell
6. Keary
7. Cleary
8. Klemmer
9. Cook
10. Vaughan
11. Cordner
12. Frizell
13. Trbojevic

14. Matterson
15. Hass
16. Mclean
17. Crichton
I like that team I'd stick with James Roberts and have Keary at 7 and Walker at 6.

Hope Cody Walker flicks Peachey off the bench :nod:

Fergie won't get picked by Freddy. He didn't bother to turn up for some pre season Blues Camp :confused:

My NSW team

1. Tedesco
2. Addo Carr
3. Gutherson
4. Mitchell
5. Ferguson/Cotric
6. Cody Walker
7. Adam Reynolds
8. Klemmer
9. Cook
10. Vaughan
11. Cordner
12. Frizell
13. Trbojevic

14. Auberson
15. Tariq Sims
16. Mclean
17. Crichton

Your team with Aubersson instead of Ramien and BMoz instead of Ferguson.... load it up with rorters....

My NSW team

1. Tedesco
2. Addo Carr
3. Ramien
4. Mitchell
6. Keary
7. Cleary
8. Klemmer
9. Cook
10. Vaughan
11. Cordner
12. Frizell
13. Trbojevic

14. Matterson
15. Hass
16. Mclean
17. Crichton
Great side @Disco

1. Ponga
2. Oates
3. Morgan
4. Chambers
5. Gagai
6. Munster
7. DCE (c)
8. Arrow
9. Granville
10. Papalii
11. Kafusi
12. Gillett
13. McGuire

14. Hunt
15. Hess
16. Ofenghaue
17. Fifita

@:)

I filled out one of those pick your origin team surveys on NRL.com and Brendon Elliot was one of the options for QLD fullback. I know he has been awesome, but an origin option at this stage??? or more a case of listing current qld eligible fullbacks. A crack at an emerging origin squad would be a massive bonus/reward tho.

@Disco, I’d have Gutho in the centres for Ramien and Murray on the bench for Matterson. I’d also consider Finucane over McLean.

@Disco, I’d have Gutho in the centres for Ramien and Murray on the bench for Matterson. I’d also consider Finucane over McLean.

No utility on the bench then?

I like Murray but Matterson can cover centre, 5/8 and backrow

1. Tedesco
2. Fergo
3. Walker
4. Mitchell
5. Addo carr
6. Walker
7. Pearce
8. Klemm Dawg
9. Cook
10. Paul Vaughn
11. Cordner
12. Siro but it will be frizell
13. Jurbo

14. Cam murray
15. Crichton
16. Prior / finucane
17. Mclean

18th man gutho

That backline is insane
Pearce is the form half atm so it would make sense screw reynolds hes crapola

4 toey humans side (which I like a lot):

Screenshot_20190521-154839_Samsung Internet.jpg

McLean to Vaughan & Cleary to ARey and gtg.

No utility on the bench then?

I like Murray but Matterson can cover centre, 5/8 and backrow
No doubt he is a good player but I want more spark from a bench utility. Someone like Cody Walker for example. If there’s no injuries, your carrying someone who is solid but unlikely to be a game breaker.

So I wouldn’t go with a true utility but Murray has the ability to change the tempo of the game through quick play the balls.

In my team, if Cook goes down, I reckon Murray could pinch hit at hooker (like Radley - I think if Matterson is the utility, you’d have to move Keary of Cleary to hooker so in my view the overall team is further weakened). If a half or FB goes down, move Mitchell to 5/8 and Chricton to the centres.

We’re splitting hairs here - either way it’s a strong team!

1. Tedesco
2. Addo Carr
3. Turbo
4. Mitchell
5. Ferguson
6. Walker
7. Reynolds
8. Klemmer
9. Cook
10. Vaughan
11. Cordner
12. Frizell
13. Trbojevic

14. Murray
15. Hass
16. Pengai Jnr
17. Crichton

Ramien has been struggling a bit this year hasn’t he ? If it is a one game caretaker scenario until Tom gets back I’d go Josh Morris probably

Haven’t thought enough about it to name a full 17, but I’m pretty concerned about losing Jake, he holds that middle together defensively and does a huge job that is irreplaceable

Halves I would go Keary and Reynolds, for a few reasons. It has the club combo of Keary/Cordner/Mitchell operating on the left, Keary and Reynolds won a comp together, and there is also the Cook/Reynolds club combo too

Last edited:
1. Tedesco
2. Addo Carr
3. Turbo
4. Mitchell
5. Ferguson
6. Walker
7. Reynolds
8. Klemmer
9. Cook
10. Vaughan
11. Cordner
12. Frizell
13. Trbojevic

14. Murray
15. Hass
16. Pengai Jnr
17. Crichton
Aubusson is the most versatile player in the NRL. He never lets Easts down and is just a true professional. I'd love him to be in the Manly squad.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2