2019 State of Origin Chat. DECIDER!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
but but but he had that one set where he handled twice...twice!!!! and it resulted in a try. It was the 'perfect' set cried the commentators without a hint of irony, sarcasm, nor hyperbole in their voices....

Let's not forget that "inspiring" rebound try. No one can flop on the ball quite like he can

Awesome to only see two Eagles getting a run.

Not Turbo, no Walker (some here say he is International standard???) and no bolters like Api.

Perfect. Fingers crossed for no injuries...

I don't realloy care who wins, and so I will be cheering for QLD (DCE to lead them to glory). He bloody deserves it.

QUEENSLAND MAROONS SQUAD

1 Kalyn Ponga

2 Corey Oates

3 Will Chambers

4 Michael Morgan

5 Dane Gagai

6 Cameron Munster

7 Daly Cherry-Evans (c)

8 Jai Arrow

9 Ben Hunt

10 Josh Papalii

11 Felise Kaufusi

12 Matt Gillett

13 Josh McGuire

Interchange

14 Moses Mbye

15 Joe Ofahengaue

16 Dylan Napa

17 David Fifita

18 Tim Glasby

Skipper to be announced at a Qld dinner tonight

I'd say that QLD would lose it through Hunt - NSW win it through Cook - and unfortunately DCE (being captain) would have to bear it.

Isn't there any other options than Hunt at Hooker?

I'd say that QLD would lose it through Hunt - NSW win it through Cook - and unfortunately DCE (being captain) would have to bear it.

Isn't there any other options than Hunt at Hooker?
Hunt combines well with his mate Chez :nod:

Once Munster and Ponga head at JMoz, the Blues will just be scrambling Cleary at them :confused:

Maroons just need to keep Hunt from catching the ball after a restart kick off :p

With all the injuries I'd say that QLD team is looking stronger than the blues.

With Keary and Turbo in the blues it's probably even.

Hunt at 9 is their biggest weakness. If scam was still playing I'd say the blues should be concerned.

First, congratulations to the Manly boys for making their respective teams.

I just hope DCE is fully fit; I hope, if I remember correctly and with age my memory isn't as clear as it never was, that Cherry doesn't follow his mate(that useless for Manly lump) Myles and play for the Hillbillies and get injured, recover during Games 1 and 2, play Game 2 and repeat, then play Game 3, get injured again and not play again for the 'Eagles for a period of time until he finally fully recovers. Note, my memory of Myles's history could be very faulty of course but I vaguely recall him only really playing for qld a few seasons ago and I stand to be corrected if my memory is a bit out.

We could be without him for months, paying his wages while he only really plays for qld.

Oh, and "GO THE BLUES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"; I think that we're underdogs with all the injuries and 1 out of form half back.

• 👍
Reactions: R3
I reckon NSW are short a big prop on the bench.

I would of swapped Cameron Murray or Angus Crichton with Jordan McLean or another big prop.
Jurbo and Cordner don’t need a replacement each, but the props could of used the extra man.

I think Jurbo will definitely spend time at Prop since Cameron Murray is too small to play anywhere besides lock.

It’s bit of a shame for Jurbo coz all the commentators and Mal Meninga have recently re-stated that he’s the best lock forward in the game.
Luckily the best lock forward in the game is best in the state anywhere in the forwards..

Tariq Sims probably deserved to get the nod ahead of Crichton too, but I’ll always support the Blues and anyone that pulls on the sky blue jersey! (except Mitch Pearce)

Congratulations Cherry! I have no doubt he will also be unveiled as their Captain at their Sponsor Dinner this evening as well and rightly so!

No doubt NSW have the advantage in the forwards, especially with the form of Cook - But I think from 1-7 QLD have a clear advantage with Ponga, Munster and DCE.

If I was a NSW fan.....I'd be a bit worried at the lack of front rowers on the bench. With Crichton and Murray there, they've got two back rowers and Haas as the only one who is a front rower.

Personally I would have had Jordan McLean there instead of Crichton who I don't think warrants selection on form.

It will basically see Jake spending time at prop when Klemmer and Vaughan are subbed off. Though there was one clown on the NRL on Fox Facebook page this morning who was trying to say that Jake is overrated and shouldn't have been selected. He even tried to claim that he's not as good a defender as people think he is.

Qld looks a better balanced side. A lot are saying Hunt will be their weak link, and that may prove true. However, at rep level Hunt has proven himself to be a much better hooker than halfback. Although this will be his first start as a dummy half and not a half.

What I do worry about is that if Qld lose the series again, regardless who their captain is I think it'll be 2014 all over again. Cherry will get the blame, the whole blame and nothing but the blame. They could lose 2-1 with Cherry getting the Wally Lewis Medal as the player of the series.....but in Qld he'll still cop the blame.

Last edited:
I just don't buy in, that he is 100%. It's the promise of the captaincy that has him going in way underdone IMO. It's a real worry for Manly I recon. This could all come badly unstuck for us. Hopefully not.

Apparently DCE was close to playing against the Tits last Friday night and would definitely be playing on Thursday against Penrith if not for the rule that says that if you get picked for Origin then you get stood down from club duty the week before.

DCE will be fine.

Apparently DCE was close to playing against the Tits last Friday night and would definitely be playing on Thursday against Penrith if not for the rule that says that if you get picked for Origin then you get stood down from club duty the week before.

DCE will be fine.
Chez can kick Cleary's ass one legged :D

It's ironic that Pearce was picked due to his name when under done.
Now that he is in career best form, the Blues go and pick another kid based on his bloodline instead of his form :confused:

Personally I would have had Jordan McLean there instead of Crichton who I don't think warrants selection on form.
Or Finucane - I think he plays more consistently than McLean although he is a bit smaller (is a similar height and weight to Jake). It is extremely hard for me to like any players at the Storm, but Addo-Carr and Finucane get pass marks from me.

I agree with others that the bench is short a big bopper and it seems that Jake will move to prop at some point (he may even start there imo). Lodge and Prior, in addition to McLean and Finucane, were the other contenders I guess.

Chez can kick Cleary's ass one legged :D

It's ironic that Pearce was picked due to his name when under done.
Now that he is in career best form, the Blues go and pick another kid based on his bloodline instead of his form :confused:

Pearce has had his time and he failed. Form or not I hope he never plays Origin again. And if he ever does and NSW happen to win, it'll be a rather hollow win for him since it basically took all of Qld's stars (Smith, Thurston, Slater, 1nglis and Cronk) to retire before he did win one.

100% agree though. It is very ironic that now he's in career best form. Though the truth is that he's injured (groin). If Keary, Reynolds and Pearce hadn't been injured, Cleary wouldn't have been selected.

• 🏆
Reactions: R3
With regards to his injury, DCE should be fine. Personally I'm more worried about Tom's hammy. I'd rather he's right to be playing for us than getting picked for NSW.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6