2019 State of Origin Chat. DECIDER!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Jake will be on the bench according to Buzz so Murray can start.

This confirms Buzz has been on the drink since 1977
Jake was a bench player #15 last year, although he played long minutes.
JDB was the starting lock

If Keary was healthy I think Cleary would have been dropped. @:cool:

Last edited:
100% agree.

Crighton selection is a joke - was told he should be walking home from Newcastle on Friday night.

Cleary hasnt had a decent game for 2 months, his game Thursday was laughable except for 5 minutes.. But understand selection.

In Origin last year, Cleary played like Pearce v2. Little imagination and just put up very safe bombs that landed 15m out from the try line, and hope for the best. The difference was that Maloney was the chief playmaker with the outside backs outgunning Queensland. The lack of Slater, Cronk, Smith and Thurston also helped.

Fast forward a year and Cleary will now need to be the bona fide halfback to allow Cody Walker (who is a bona fide #6) to do his thing. I think he might be found out, but we will see.

Jake will be on the bench according to Buzz so Murray can start.

This probably makes sense if only because of Jake's versatility. Jake can easily fill in as a bench Prop if needed; Murray (listed as 90kg) cannot.

The halves are the worry Cleary is "clearly" struggling and while Walker has been going well, the combo of the two is questionable. I am not sure where our direction is going to be coming from. Brings back memories of the rudderless years with Gallen.

Almost ready to concede game 1 and go for 2 and 3 hopefully with some healthy troops.

Although I'm a new south welshman, I would be glad to see DCE win a SOO series and bring that 'high' back to the club. However I'm thinking Cook and Tedesco are the major gamebreakers, but I also reckon DCE/Munster combo will be stronger than NSW halves. Hard one to pick!

Although I'm a new south welshman, I would be glad to see DCE win a SOO series and bring that 'high' back to the club. However I'm thinking Cook and Tedesco are the major gamebreakers, but I also reckon DCE/Munster combo will be stronger than NSW halves. Hard one to pick!
I know what you mean. But I am happy for DCE to score a hat-trick and be MOTM and for NSW to win.

• Clever
Reactions: R3
I know what you mean. But I am happy for DCE to score a hat-trick and be MOTM and for NSW to win.
DCE winning an Origin series (also being the winning captain) as opposed to a one-off MOTM game, would be of more value to his leadership development for his club. Also don't forget, he has not won an Origin series yet.

Not a bad NSW side given who is unavailable.

I still don't think Cleary would be there if Reynolds was available. Cotric and Morris wouldn't be there if Turbo was fit and if Roberts hadn't suffered a form loss and injury and been dropped. Walker wouldn't have been there if Keary was available.

The forwards look strong.

Angus Crichton hasn't done anything to warrant selection other than playing for Fittler's Chooks. I guess part of his million dollar contract was a leg up to getting rep selection. I know he was there last year for NSW, but I think there were better options.

We appear to have a significant advantage in the forwards. Haas will be huge for us coming off the bench behind Vaughn and Klemmer. Still plenty of strike in the backline as well. Should be a ripper of a game.

Fittler said he picked Cleary due to his Man of the Match performance on Thursday night.

I must have been watching a different game.

but but but he had that one set where he handled twice...twice!!!! and it resulted in a try. It was the 'perfect' set cried the commentators without a hint of irony, sarcasm, nor hyperbole in their voices....

IMG_20190527_045923.jpg

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8