2019 ladder predictor

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Let's see we made it to 6th with pretty much a similar roster in 2017 .......

This year so far as coaching personnel and resources go we have gone from ...

2018 .... Barrett, Cartwright, Randall and Mangey .... to
2019 .... Dessie, Cartwright, Randall, Donny Singe, Ballin. Monaghan, Crusher Cleal, Sports Phyco and Sprint coach ...... and Dessie hasn't even begun to use Penn's credit cards yet ....

Finally a far more professionally resourced operation and any thing outside the 8 will be an embarrassment ......
The competition has strengthened over the past two years across the board. Every team now has a lineup that can make the 8. I feel our squad has gone a lil backwards in terms of recruitment where other clubs have gained. That's my only concern in relation to us making the eight. Our only positive is some of the core group have matured a little, whether that means success I dunno. But I'm with ya when I say I'll be dirty if we don't make the eight, I've got us down as a generous 9th place but. These new young recruits need to step up if that's to happen

The competition has strengthened over the past two years across the board. Every team now has a lineup that can make the 8. I feel our squad has gone a lil backwards in terms of recruitment where other clubs have gained. That's my only concern in relation to us making the eight. Our only positive is some of the core group have matured a little, whether that means success I dunno. But I'm with ya when I say I'll be dirty if we don't make the eight, I've got us down as a generous 9th place but. These new young recruits need to step up if that's to happen

Agree how close the comp .... our forwards will compete and I am confident a couple of the rookie backs will stand up .....

With the closeness of the comp it is telling how much effect a bad season with injuries can have ....... the no excuses mantra may be all gung ho ..... but if Dessie (or any team) gets down to only 20 fit players they will struggle .....

But excited and confident .... bring it on ...

With the closeness of the comp it is telling how much effect a bad season with injuries can have ....... the no excuses mantra may be all gung ho ..... but if Dessie (or any team) gets down to only 20 fit players they will struggle .....

But excited and confident .... bring it on ...
Yeah 100 percent a healthy squad is more important now then ever. One injury to a key member can be crippling to a teams chances I reckon. Hopefully this is where we will see donny singe work his magic and touch wood keep us injury free for most the year. Round one can't come fast enough

My prediction is that regardless of what catastrophic injuries we have we will not repeat the pathetic submissive catastrophic 2018 season.
In 2018 our team looked as overwhelmed as our rookie coach who had no idea .

Paul Crawley gave us a pretty fair assessment in today's paper.
12th but wouldn't be surprised to see us make it.
I'm about there but I reckon 9th 10th.
As long as we play with heart and a structure, especially in defence well go OK.

Paul Crawley gave us a pretty fair assessment in today's paper.
12th but wouldn't be surprised to see us make it.
I'm about there but I reckon 9th 10th.
As long as we play with heart and a structure, especially in defence well go OK.
Good point . Every blind man and his dog knows that we played with no heart and no structure last season . Barrett generated a lot of love off the field and little heart on it . Those two qualities (heart and structure) alone will see us improve

Honestly at this time of year I think it is a pointless exercise, players still to sign or resign, coaches all over the place and just the generally unpredictability of the NRL (Cowboys last season, hello)

So I put all the teams into a random list generator and below is what it spat out......I'm going to justify this random list and it has as much chance of being correct as any of the above.

1. Saint George Dragons - McGregor learns from his mistakes and the team don't burn out as per usual, Hunt has less pressure on him and Lomax breaks out.
  2. Penrith Panthers - The Cleary partnership hits top gear with Nathan establishing himself as a superstar and Dylan Edwards returns with a bang
  3. North Queensland Cowboys - Morgan takes the reign and Taumalolo has a reign of terror, Cowboys are back with Barba adding some zip
  4. Newcastle Knights - Klemmer joins, Mitch runs the show and Ponga take the next step, Newcastle come from nowhere.
  5. Wests Tigers - Not flashy but effective, Mcguire builds a team that works for each other and grinds out victories
  6. Manly Sea Eagles - Hasler rights the defense and Turbo, Walker, Api and Cherry give enough in attack
  7. Parramatta Eels - Confidence players in Norman and Moses ride a late season wave and sneak into the eight
  8. Brisbane Broncos - Start strong but injuries, a young back and the Bennett sideshow derail the Broncos
  9. Sydney City Roosters - Cronk plays a season too long, Tedesco gets injured and Keary can't carry the team
  10. NZ Warriors - Usual Warrors, brilliant one week, terrible the next
  11. South Sydney Rabbitohs - Seibold drama bubbles as he and Sam fall out
  12. Cantebury Bulldogs - Show heart but dont have the talent
  13. Cronulla Sharks - Grandfather time catches up with and aging Sharks side
  14. Gold Coast Titans - Peachey doesn't quite fit as he bounces between positions, Taylor for all his talent doesn't take control of team
  15. Melbourne Storm - No Slater, No Smith (who retires) no hope.....Munster gets himself in some sort of trouble
  16. Canberra Raiders - Ricky gets sacked

1. Roosters (will tire & go out in straight sets)
2. Panthers (stars starting to align)
3. Storm (will unearth another star)
4. Rabbitohs (coaching circus permitting)
5. Sea Eagles (injuries permitting)
6. Sharks (age catching up with them)
7. Dragons (start hot then fade - again)
8. Knights (big movers)
———————
9. Broncos (halves combo an issue)
10. Warriors (resume transmission ‘19)
11. Titans (good acquisitions)
12. Cowboys (will struggle)
13. Tigers (early promise will fade)
14. Eels (Arthur’s final year)
15. Raiders (Ricky’s final year)
16. Bulldogs (In trouble if Klemmer goes)

I'll punch an end of Premiership fixtures Top 8

1- Roosters
2 - Penrith
3 - Souths
4 - Cronulla
5 - Illawarra
6 - Brisbane
7 - Manly
8 - Melbourne

1. Roosters again, team full of superstars.
2. Probably Melbourne because it's Melbourne
3. Sharks....3/4 team of superstars
4. Penriff....the coming together of the Cleary's
5. Broncos....they'll put in for Bennett
6. Dragon flies....they look weird but no threat.
7. SEA EAGLES....most improved! Under Des and his gang we will win more than we lose.
8. Tigers.....the new coach will be the 2nd best buy of the year....after Desmond H.
9-16.....not interested

Those ladder predictors that the nrl puts up on its site are inaccurate.

Every time I fill one in manly are premiers. Yet in reality manly have only been premiers 8 times.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4