2018 Top 30 Squad

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Well, Lussick, Myles, J Wright, Brown, Hastings, Uate may all be off the roster next season, which would open up quite a lot, and that doesn't include the cap increase. Next season, I'm hoping:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Brian Kelly
04. Dylan Walker
05. Moses Suli
06. NEW RECRUIT
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Addin Fonua-Blake
09. Apisai Koroisou
10. Marty Taupau
11. Joel Thompson
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. NEW RECRUIT
15. Kelepi Tanginoa
16. Shaun Lane
17. Lloyd Perrett

Suggestions
X Albert Kelly
X Manase Fainu
Kelly, Tanginoa, Gosiewski and lane are all off contract also. I believe we may struggle to keep Kelly if money is his motivator. I’m not completely sold on Kelly just yet though. We desperately need another Taupau type front rower, I’m hoping paseka can lift for the challenge. Townsend, carney and Sezer are the only answers in the halves we could recruit that I can think of

Yes unfortunately what many on here overlook is we just have a pretty average roster, with few value deals and zero depth.

I dare say other than DCE and Jake not a single player would make our 2011 Grand Final lineup.
Taupau and Tommy (wing) might. In form Walker would push it. This side isn't stacked, although one thing I know is that when they're on, they're nearly unbeatable.

Kelly, Tanginoa, Gosiewski and lane are all off contract also. I believe we may struggle to keep Kelly if money is his motivator. I’m not completely sold on Kelly just yet though. We desperately need another Taupau type front rower, I’m hoping paseka can lift for the challenge. Townsend, carney and Sezer are the only answers in the halves we could recruit that I can think of
I agree with you on the prop point, AFB to me is a bench forward, with him and Paseka on the bench we can have impact for the majority of the match. For the prop I'd be targeting Canberra, Soliola, Papalii, Boyd or Paulo.

I agree with you on the prop point, AFB to me is a bench forward, with him and Paseka on the bench we can have impact for the majority of the match. For the prop I'd be targeting Canberra, Soliola, Papalii, Boyd or Paulo.
Afb isn’t a bench forward. He’s a very young forward (he’s only 22). He played an entire half the other day. Not many front rowers his size can do that. They say a front rower hits their peak at 26-27. His potential is enormous. He’s needs time and faith kept in him. We have a very young team and I think sometimes people forget that

This is the problem with releasing players and then paying some of the wages. We were the beneficiary with Siro and Uate which meant the tigers and knights respectively would have been carrying both in their top 25 caps simultaneously while we also did, that is why both those clubs have been constrained by cap issues the last couple of years. Now we are stuck with Myles in our Top 30 and Lussick also giving both are part of that top 30 earners group even though both are no longer with us. Its why good cap management is crucial.

Afb isn’t a bench forward. He’s a very young forward (he’s only 22). He played an entire half the other day. Not many front rowers his size can do that. They say a front rower hits their peak at 26-27. His potential is enormous. He’s needs time and faith kept in him. We have a very young team and I think sometimes people forget that
His laziness, poor discipline and slack in defence tell me otherwise.

Well, Lussick, Myles, J Wright, Brown, Hastings, Uate may all be off the roster next season, which would open up quite a lot, and that doesn't include the cap increase. Next season, I'm hoping:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Brian Kelly
04. Dylan Walker
05. Moses Suli
06. NEW RECRUIT
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Addin Fonua-Blake
09. Apisai Koroisou
10. Marty Taupau
11. Joel Thompson
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. NEW RECRUIT
15. Kelepi Tanginoa
16. Shaun Lane
17. Lloyd Perrett

Suggestions
X Albert Kelly
X Manase Fainu
Why do people want moses suli? Hes lazy, why not give t.wright, anderson or funa a go instead? I saw john folau in our workers team as well.

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Brian Kelly
04. Dylan Walker
05. Moses Suli
06. NEW RECRUIT
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Addin Fonua-Blake
09. Apisai Koroisou
10. Marty Taupau
11. Joel Thompson
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. NEW RECRUIT
15. Kelepi Tanginoa
16. Shaun Lane
17. Lloyd Perrett

Suggestions
X Albert Kelly
X Manase Fainu
Really not sold on lane and especially perret. Lane has upped his game but perret just seems like the standard gives-little but penalties prop that has hurt manly in the past.

Why do people want moses suli? Hes lazy, why not give t.wright, anderson or funa a go instead? I saw john folau in our workers team as well.
Suli still has a long way to go to be NRL ready. He definitely isn't the answer at this point, he was the second worst in the NRL for centres last year with 1.33 try causes a game. He had another 2 try causes on the weekend for Blacktown. Give him the rest of the year in Blacktown and see how he goes.

Hence the comment I made about his age. He needs time and patience. At least he’s not a grub like Fifita. When afb is on he gives us huge go forward. The age part is about developing the maturity and consistency in his game.
I think he is more effective on the bench. I remember a game he played for us against the Cowboys. He came on and scored 2 tries just destroying the middle.

Yes unfortunately what many on here overlook is we just have a pretty average roster, with few value deals and zero depth.

I dare say other than DCE and Jake not a single player would make our 2011 Grand Final lineup.

I reckon DCE would have definitely made the 2011 GF team :D

His laziness, poor discipline and slack in defence tell me otherwise.

AFB is averaging 1.7 missed tackles per game this year so his D is not really that slack and his discipline is not as bad as Jake T's and I don't see laziness at all. I think AFB needs to be the starting prop and will only get better with experience (god help the other teams).

So looking at some of the forwards stats;

Tackles
Jake T - 38.5 tackles per game
Joel Thompson - 24.2 tackles per game
Kapow - 20.5 tackles per game
AFB - 19.8 tackles per game

Missed tackles
Joel Thompson - 2.2 missed tackles per game
AFB - 1.7 missed tackles per game
Kapow - 1.7 missed tackles per game
Jake T - 1.5 missed tackles per game
Perrett - 1.6 missed tackles per game
Siro - 1.5 missed tackles per game
Lane - 0.8 missed tackles per game

Poor discipline averages (penalties);
Jake T - 1.5 penalties per game
AFB - 1 penalty per game
Kapow - 0.7 penalties per game

Poor discipline averages (errors)
Kapow - 0.7 errors per game
AFB - 0.5 errors per game

Runs
Kapow - 143 run metres per game
AFB - 124 run metres per game

AFB is averaging 1.7 missed tackles per game this year so his D is not really that slack and his discipline is not as bad as Jake T's and I don't see laziness at all. I think AFB needs to be the starting prop and will only get better with experience (god help the other teams).

So looking at some of the forwards stats;

Tackles
Jake T - 38.5 tackles per game
Joel Thompson - 24.2 tackles per game
Kapow - 20.5 tackles per game
AFB - 19.8 tackles per game

Missed tackles
Joel Thompson - 2.2 missed tackles per game
AFB - 1.7 missed tackles per game
Kapow - 1.7 missed tackles per game
Jake T - 1.5 missed tackles per game
Perrett - 1.6 missed tackles per game
Siro - 1.5 missed tackles per game
Lane - 0.8 missed tackles per game

Poor discipline averages (penalties);
Jake T - 1.5 penalties per game
AFB - 1 penalty per game
Kapow - 0.7 penalties per game

Poor discipline averages (errors)
Kapow - 0.7 errors per game
AFB - 0.5 errors per game

Runs
Kapow - 143 run metres per game
AFB - 124 run metres per game
Watch the Tigers game, he was poor and his Laziness cost us the first half with the penalties and soft attempts in defence through the middle. He is a bench prop.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8