2018 Rumoured and confirmed signings (NON-DISCUSSION THREAD).

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Sydney Morning Herald is reporting the Canterbury Bulldogs have offered contracts to Dylan Napa and Jacob Liddle.

Dufty
"I've had a chat with the senior staff members at the club and they have assured me of my spot in 2019 so I'm keen to rip into pre-season and beyond for the Dragons.""I've had a chat with the senior staff members at the club and they have assured me of my spot in 2019 so I'm keen to rip into pre-season and beyond for the Dragons."

Valentine Holmes set to quit the NRL and sign with an NFL franchise.
Talkin sport reports that a deal has reportedly been struck after meetings in the US.
Just heard one of the New York teams apparently.
Hope it's the jets.
That's my team, hopeless as they are.

Six months ago the Newcastle Knights knocked back Danny Levi’s request for a release, and if requested again, they are unlikely to object.

Levi, 22, has made 66 NRL appearances for the Knights, as well as four Test for New Zealand in last year’s World Cup, and still has two more years left to run on his contract.

There’s speculation brewing Levi could be tempted to join a rival team in the likes of the Wests Tigers or Parramatta in order to make a fresh start.

Knights player-list manager Troy Pezet told the Newcastle Herald on Monday said there has been no official approach from Levi or his team but the clubs stance has somewhat softened.

“If he came to us and wanted permission to negotiate [with other clubs], we would probably look favourably on that, I would think,” Pezet said.

Knights coach Nathan Brown has admitted the recent Jarryd Hayne scandal will impact the club’s ability to recruit Dragons back Kurt Mann for the 2019 season.

After a triple crown of wooden spoons from 2015-17, the Knights will be looking to bolster their roster after a successful 2018 season which saw them finish 11th.

Their plans to land Mann for the 2019 season however have been uprooted by Hayne's recent sexual assault charge, with the Dragons likely to hold on to their 25-year-old utility with Hayne no longer a viable substitute.

Brown said the Knights will be forced to consider other options for their 2019 recruitment strategy.

Wayne Bennett will oversee his last days of Broncos training this week, with the master coach due to meet club chairman Karl Morris to thrash out the terms of his early exit, which will trigger a swap with Rabbitohs counterpart Anthony Seibold.

Reporting for Nine News on Wednesday night, Ben Dobbin revealed that Bennett's departure was nearing despite the coach's repeated claims that he would be "honouring" the final year of his lucrative contract.

The majority of the Broncos' squad was back at pre-season training today, with Bennett taking charge, but according to Dobbin they could have a fresh voice shaping 2019 preparation as early as next week.

"Wayne Bennett will be here wearing Broncos colours but he won't be wearing Broncos colours by the end of next week," reported Dobbin.

Cronulla co-captain Wade Graham is off contract at the end of 2019, but says too much is up in the air around the club to commit before it’s settled.
After losing Valentine Holmes unexpectedly, the Sharks are believed to be desperate to lock down Graham, viewed as the long-term club captain beyond Paul Gallen’s tenure.

However, in another blow to the Sharks, Graham has told Fairfax media that he’s in no rush to commit to the club while the salary cap investigation is ongoing.

Phil Gould‏ @PhilGould15
Did the Panthers sign a new player?
1f914.png
I’m hearing whispers. Have to wait and see I suppose.

Legendary coach Wayne Bennett will remain as the Broncos’ head coach for the 2019 NRL season, after a meeting with Brisbane chief Karl Morris on Saturday morning.

According to The Courier-Mail, Bennett has been told by the Broncos’ hierachy he will be staying at Red Hill next season, and has been guaranteed his position for 2019.

The New Zealand Herald is reporting the New Zealand Warriors are set to re-sign head coach Stephen Kearney until the end of the 2022 season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8