2018 Rumoured and confirmed signings (NON-DISCUSSION THREAD).

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Status
Not open for further replies.
Woods looks like being shopped out of Belmore after one season of a 4 year deal.
Apparently they are prepared to subsidise Woods' $800,000p.a. contract by $300,00 for the next two years. I still can't see any club being interested in Woods for $500,000 per season for the next two, then $800,000 for the third season. What was Canterbury thinking splashing out $800,000 a season on him?

Apparently Cronulla centre Rick Leutele has signed with the Toronto Wolfpack from next year.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/spo...-samoan-centre-ricky-leutele-for-next-season/

The Cronulla Sharks say Samoan international centre Ricky Leutele will join the Toronto Wolfpack next season.
“It was a hard decision,” Leutele was quoted on the Cronulla website. “Toronto came from left field with their offer and the wife and I had a long night talking about it. I had to make the decision for my family.

Wolfpack coach Paul Rowley declined comment Thursday when asked about the signing, saying the club had not made an announcement yet and that prime minister, globaleagle should keep these things quiet.
Toronto, rugby league’s only transatlantic team, currently leads England’s second-tier Betfred Championship with a 12-1-1 record. The club won promotion out of the third-tier League 1 in its inaugural season last year and has its sights set next on climbing into the elite Super League.
Former NRL players already on the Wolfpack roster include captain Josh McCrone, vice-captain Ashton Sims, Corey Paterson, Darcy Lussick, and Chase Stanley.

Parra to appoint Madge maguire to investigate the football club to sort it out if he wants the job.

Hadley.

Where will Taupau end up in 2019?
Where will Marty Taupau end up in 2019?

Several clubs are showing interest in the Manly enforcer, and the only question is whether the Sea Eagles can keep him given their salary cap mess.

I’m hearing Taupau wants to go back to where it all started - the Canterbury Bulldogs - next season.

Kiwi born Taupau made his debut in the NRL for the Dogs back in 2010 and played four seasons there before moving to the Tigers and now Sea Eagles.

But alas, it won’t be happening - the Bulldogs have a massive cap disaster of their own to deal with and can barely afford to keep their own players, let alone sign internationals from elsewhere.

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leag...n-bulldogs/1ah4t78w8cipr1qst1yt4gl9fq/slide/3

@benno_wallace

Uate officially goooorne from Manly. Joining Huddersfield in Super League. for those playing at home it's pronounced Oooderfeeld

Jackson Hastings’ Manly nightmare is almost over with the unwanted playmaker poised to sign with English club Huddersfield before the end of the week.

Huddersfield’s Aussie coach, former Raiders hooker Simon Woolford, has been in talks with Hastings’ manager Sam Ayoub and I’m hearing a deal is almost done.
Despite having a host of players on the injured list, Manly continue to snub Hastings.

The club shocked the NRL early in the season by leaking a story that Manly players refused to play alongside the controversial youngster.

Despite Hastings getting texts of support from several teammates, Manly have refused to budge and he has been stuck in the NSW Cup.

Rival NRL clubs refuse to touch him because of the bad publicity, leaving a move to the UK as his only option to rebuild his career.

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leag...-sea-eagles/ua0hqd2r06b5135s30v47461n/slide/1

Stockwell resigns with the Titans for one year.
Was hoping Manly would pick him up cheap for depth

KNIGHTS SIGN BROWN TO REVOLUTIONARY EXTENSION

Newcastle have taken the unusual step of re-signing Nathan Brown to a deal that is performance based rather than for a set period of time.

Brown, who has coached the Knights since 2016, has agreed to the terms but the club is yet to disclose just what the conditions or expectations may be.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...a/news-story/8f5b6cef2e5f2b410483a270f39f1b25

Rabbitohs winger Richie Kennar has been released from the final year of his playing contract to serve a two-year Mormon mission, starting in 2019.

CANTERBURY have denied rumours swirling the game, once and for all, that they are exploring the possibility of medically retiring Kieran Foran to clear up room in their salary cap.

Probably because the Bulldogs are a million-to-one chance to have the claim paid out given Foran’s long and noted injury history.

The unofficial inquiries came from a Bulldogs board member and were not formally sought by the club.

It’s the latest saga at a club trying desperately to get its salary cap in order.

To imagine they might get Foran medically retired is pure fantasy.

As chief executive Andrew Hill said: “It wouldn’t fly.”

Hill knows Foran’s injuries are pre-existing.

Craig Bellamy has decided to remain at Melbourne Storm from 2019 and beyond, putting an end to the hopes of Brisbane Broncos supporters that he might return to the Queensland capital and take over the coaching reins from Wayne Bennett.

Bellamy is currently in Newcastle for Sunday's round 15 game against the Knights.

But NRL.com understands there has been a verbal agreement between Bellamy and Storm chief executive Dave Donaghy that he will extend his 16-year association with the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10