2018 Rd 5 - Manly v Titans: - Pre-Game Discussion.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Kevinward777

First Grader
Wish the club would give us an update on Lussick. Not named in firsts or seconds and not injured. Club stated yesterday that they would not release him.
Look its pretty obvious what the back line is going to look like

M. Wright
Parker
Kelly
Walker
Uate
Croker
DCE

Not my choice but thankfully I'm not a coach.
Best available. The last thing we want to be doing is bringing in a rookie in Dylan’s first game back. Wright is no game breaker, but he is very reliable, and very experienced. Truth is, we should decimate the Tits in the forwards, and if it’s wet, hopefully we learnt something from the Bunnies game.

Eagles2nv

DESpicable Manly
Looks like walkz is back. Named in his position, usually a good sign.

giphy.gif

HappilyManly

Journey Man
Wish the club would give us an update on Lussick. Not named in firsts or seconds and not injured. Club stated yesterday that they would not release him.
NRL has a 10 day blackout rule on Clubs' announcing player movements.:cool:

Or Maybe the Wolfpack have signed Darcy, but Manly can't release him due to some new Greenturd ruling :confused:

Kevinward777

First Grader
Best available. The last thing we want to be doing is bringing in a rookie in Dylan’s first game back. Wright is no game breaker, but he is very reliable, and very experienced. Truth is, we should decimate the Tits in the forwards, and if it’s wet, hopefully we learnt something from the Bunnies game.
No idea why @Nuts post is included in my post.

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
Well Poo and Sipley will be out as they are picked in BWSE side playing Sunday in Sydney :confused:

BLACKTOWN WORKERS TEAM
23 Honeti Tuha

4 Jade Anderson

19 Vai Toutai

5 Jono Wright

15 Peter Schuster

6 Tom Wright

14 Joey Lussick

22 Fred Junior Mauala

9 Manase Fainu

10 Toafofoa Sipley

11 Lewis Brown

12 Jacob Loko

13 Tom Amone

Interchange

16 Tyler Cassel

18 Tekina Valiea

17 Josh Martin

21 Eric Newbigging :giggle:

I am guessing they will not line up 1 - 17.....do they use squad numbers?

Kevinward777

First Grader
This is a good game for he and Jetski to start in, as the Titans' forwards aren't that big or coherent in defence :happy:

Gladstone will be Eagle Rocking on Sunday :party:
@Woodsie has pointed out several times, the way Baz uses our backrowers isn’t all about how many metres they make. Frank won’t let anyone down. I imagine he will play a role, and play it well. Oh oh oh good old Eagle rock is here to stay, I’m just crazy bout the way you move... doing the Eagle rock.

midsteyne

loyal forever
My insider has Lussick on the boat to the Toronto along with Joey Lussick shown the door due to the Bozo feud with their father.We will see.

Last edited:

mozgrame

Engorged member
For everyone that's coming up to watch this weekend, do yourself a favour and watch the Capras vs Bears game in the lead up to the main event. In particular, watch the Capras number 9, Billy Gilbert. He is worth the price of admission alone...

Outback Bill: Incredible story of rugby league’s new cult hero.

IN an era of beep tests, Yo-Yos and BMIs, Billy Gilbert is a throwback to a time when men became match fit simply by doing manly things.

Gilbert's name will be unfamiliar to all except those in the southwest of NSW and the most staunch of Sharks supporters but his on-field exploits for the CQ Capras in the Intrust Super Cup and his extraordinary pre-season regimen is winning him plenty of admirers in Rockhampton.

The Capras will form part of a major footy festival in Gladstone this Sunday as the Titans take their home game against the Sea Eagles to Marley Brown Oval where Gilbert is likely to feature prominently against Burleigh.

His 67th minute try sparked the Capras' come-from-behind win over Ipswich last Thursday but it was the 21-year-old's stat line the week before that underlined his skill and high workrate.

Although the Capras went down narrowly to the Mackay Cutters 18-16 in Round 3, Gilbert walked from the field with a stats line of 47 tackles, 149 metres run, six tackle breaks, one try, one line break, two offloads, a try assist and a line break assist, his incredible workrate the by-product of 55 days spent in the outback completing backbreaking work in order to provide food for a crocodile farm.

"At the end of last footy season I went to the Northern Territory, shooting feral buffalo and horses for use in crocodile farms," Gilbert told the QRL website.

"You'd do seven animals in the morning, have lunch, then do another seven in the arvo.

"You shoot them, drag them up, spin them on their side, skin them, bone them, roll it over and do the other side.

"I tell ya, the humidity was off the Richter scale. She was a decent workout."

But that wasn't his only outback experience of the summer, Gilbert also travelled 1300 kilometres from the Northern Territory town of Katherine to help cull 40 wild camels.

"I told me old man that I wanted to work real hard, just kill myself with work, and leave no stone unturned," said Gilbert, who hails from Darlington Point 33 kilometres south of Griffith, population just 1,016.

"I'm in Rockhampton, living 1800km from home, I've got no family here, nothing in general, nothing to lose.

"I might as well give this everything I've got.

"Going to the desert, the middle of nowhere, and hunting animals while I knew everyone else was on off-season was something I wanted to do from a mental aspect."

They're the type of qualities all coaches would kill to have in all of their players but Capras coach Kim Williams conceded they have to rein in 'Outback Bill' for fear of setting unreasonable expectations.

"He's a character from the past; one of the sort of blokes the game probably misses a bit these days," Williams said.

"You could say he's a bit unique, but we don't ever want him to change.

"He's got a great attitude, is a sponge for information and is highly motivated to be the best he can.

"That absolute enthusiasm and drive to succeed is a fantastic strength, but we also have to temper it because he sets pretty high standards of himself.

"He needs reminding just to live in the moment sometimes."

In addition to his efforts on the field Gilbert's laid-back bush persona is also winning him plenty of fans, the 85kg No.9 taking his dog along when asked to do some local media.

"You could say he has the same outlook on life as most folks from this region," Williams explained.

"We call him 'The Man of The People' because you can't help but warm to him."

https://www.northernstar.com.au/news/cq-capras-hooker-billy-gilberts-unusual-preseason-/3377260/

Althewomanspal

Reserve Grader

Not sure about decimate, titans have a more than handy pack.

Shoe1

Journey Man
For everyone that's coming up to watch this weekend, do yourself a favour and watch the Capras vs Bears game in the lead up to the main event. In particular, watch the Capras number 9, Billy Gilbert. He is worth the price of admission alone...

Outback Bill: Incredible story of rugby league’s new cult hero.

IN an era of beep tests, Yo-Yos and BMIs, Billy Gilbert is a throwback to a time when men became match fit simply by doing manly things.

Gilbert's name will be unfamiliar to all except those in the southwest of NSW and the most staunch of Sharks supporters but his on-field exploits for the CQ Capras in the Intrust Super Cup and his extraordinary pre-season regimen is winning him plenty of admirers in Rockhampton.

The Capras will form part of a major footy festival in Gladstone this Sunday as the Titans take their home game against the Sea Eagles to Marley Brown Oval where Gilbert is likely to feature prominently against Burleigh.

His 67th minute try sparked the Capras' come-from-behind win over Ipswich last Thursday but it was the 21-year-old's stat line the week before that underlined his skill and high workrate.

Although the Capras went down narrowly to the Mackay Cutters 18-16 in Round 3, Gilbert walked from the field with a stats line of 47 tackles, 149 metres run, six tackle breaks, one try, one line break, two offloads, a try assist and a line break assist, his incredible workrate the by-product of 55 days spent in the outback completing backbreaking work in order to provide food for a crocodile farm.

"At the end of last footy season I went to the Northern Territory, shooting feral buffalo and horses for use in crocodile farms," Gilbert told the QRL website.

"You'd do seven animals in the morning, have lunch, then do another seven in the arvo.

"You shoot them, drag them up, spin them on their side, skin them, bone them, roll it over and do the other side.

"I tell ya, the humidity was off the Richter scale. She was a decent workout."

But that wasn't his only outback experience of the summer, Gilbert also travelled 1300 kilometres from the Northern Territory town of Katherine to help cull 40 wild camels.

"I told me old man that I wanted to work real hard, just kill myself with work, and leave no stone unturned," said Gilbert, who hails from Darlington Point 33 kilometres south of Griffith, population just 1,016.

"I'm in Rockhampton, living 1800km from home, I've got no family here, nothing in general, nothing to lose.

"I might as well give this everything I've got.

"Going to the desert, the middle of nowhere, and hunting animals while I knew everyone else was on off-season was something I wanted to do from a mental aspect."

They're the type of qualities all coaches would kill to have in all of their players but Capras coach Kim Williams conceded they have to rein in 'Outback Bill' for fear of setting unreasonable expectations.

"He's a character from the past; one of the sort of blokes the game probably misses a bit these days," Williams said.

"You could say he's a bit unique, but we don't ever want him to change.

"He's got a great attitude, is a sponge for information and is highly motivated to be the best he can.

"That absolute enthusiasm and drive to succeed is a fantastic strength, but we also have to temper it because he sets pretty high standards of himself.

"He needs reminding just to live in the moment sometimes."

In addition to his efforts on the field Gilbert's laid-back bush persona is also winning him plenty of fans, the 85kg No.9 taking his dog along when asked to do some local media.

"You could say he has the same outlook on life as most folks from this region," Williams explained.

"We call him 'The Man of The People' because you can't help but warm to him."

https://www.northernstar.com.au/news/cq-capras-hooker-billy-gilberts-unusual-preseason-/3377260/
Is that ex Foxtel boss Kim Williams?

manly al

First Grader
This Capra"s coach Kim Williams came through the Storm"s coaching system then has had a few gigs with different Q cup sides for some years now . Apparently a well respected coach . The present cyclone and rain system in N Q should not affect Gladstone too much on present indications . maybe some rain in the next couple of days, then should move back up north again by the weekend .

manly al

First Grader
Definitely can not underestimate this present Titans outfit . Maybe not the biggest forward pack running around but very willing and some good individual backs . Baz should have Manly up to the task after the Souths let down and the better application shown last week . Will miss Tom but outplayed them last year with a good effort and no reason why they can not repeat it on Sunday .

brad

First Grader
This Capra"s coach Kim Williams came through the Storm"s coaching system then has had a few gigs with different Q cup sides for some years now . Apparently a well respected coach . The present cyclone and rain system in N Q should not affect Gladstone too much on present indications . maybe some rain in the next couple of days, then should move back up north again by the weekend .
Cheers Lennox.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16