2018 Awards Night

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Surely we only signed Froggie for one year??

Yes

20180912_211705.jpg

Thanks for the Awards Night info @marga and are you able to confirm if and who were the players farewelled (e.g. Perrett, Taufua, Croker, Tanginoa, Suli, etc)?
Hi ALinda, the only ones I can remember being called were Uate, Lane, Brown, M Wright, Jono Wright and I'm not sure about L Perrett.

A SIGN OF THINGS TO COME?
My spy tells me there was a clear division in the player ranks at Manly’s end of season awards night – and that does not bode well for what already looks a troubled 2019

Certain players kept their distance from others and you could cut the tension in the room with a knife.

And while Trent Barrett’s moving speech bought him to tears and resulted in a standing ovation from the crowd, I’m told chairman Scott Penn’s speech when down like dog poo on the shoe.

Whoever takes over as coach is going to have a massive task ahead of him

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/lea...ob-salary-cap-2019/17bebxljysxg51aqj4tdgixfr5

A SIGN OF THINGS TO COME?
My spy tells me there was a clear division in the player ranks at Manly’s end of season awards night – and that does not bode well for what already looks a troubled 2019

Certain players kept their distance from others and you could cut the tension in the room with a knife.

And while Trent Barrett’s moving speech bought him to tears and resulted in a standing ovation from the crowd, I’m told chairman Scott Penn’s speech when down like dog poo on the shoe.

Whoever takes over as coach is going to have a massive task ahead of him

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/lea...ob-salary-cap-2019/17bebxljysxg51aqj4tdgixfr5
From anyone that was there how true was the "clear divide" in the playing group?

@marga would be able to comment

Well I missed any tension, the guys seemed to mingle with everyone and were talking amongst themselves and getting photos taken with partners. No one I noticed was out in the cold, but hey I could have missed it. The standing ovation for Trent wasn't for his speech. I'm not sure of the mans name, he usually leads the cheering in the change room, stood and asked everyone to give Trent a standing ovation, of which most did. As I've said before, I thought it was a great night and everyone seemed to be in a good mood.

Well I missed any tension, the guys seemed to mingle with everyone and were talking amongst themselves and getting photos taken with partners. No one I noticed was out in the cold, but hey I could have missed it. The standing ovation for Trent wasn't for his speech. I'm not sure of the mans name, he usually leads the cheering in the change room, stood and asked everyone to give Trent a standing ovation, of which most did. As I've said before, I thought it was a great night and everyone seemed to be in a good mood.
Warwick Bulmer leads the Team song, surprised that the players didn't strip off to cheer Baz one more time :D

So in summary, no divide, and the standing ovation for Baz was after respected team song leader Warwick Bulmer encouraged people to give the standing ovation.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8