2017 Rugby League World Cup

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
I thought Matt Wright had a decent game in a side that was given a hiding

He definitely didn't deserve his opposing winger scoring 5 tries because Matty was standing Valentine Holmes. In general play Matty was very good tonight, problem was that the guys inside him weren't doing their jobs (as happened in their pool games really) and whenever Australia made a break, Holmes seemed to be there backing up.

Interesting to note.....early in the game Gary Belcher, himself a champion fullback, said he believed Holmes is a winger who wants to play fullback. And in the post game presser when asked where Holmes would be going forward in this team (i.e. when Slater is gone), on the wing or at fullback, Mal was very non-committal about his position, just that he should be there.

Maybe Tommy is firming a bit as the heir apparent to Slater's #1 jumper in this team? Dugan is seen as a centre in rep footy (and TBH I think he's getting better at it. He's even learning to pass the ball sometimes), and I think Holmes is seen as a winger. Yes he played FB last week against Lebanon but I think Mal did that more because of his international experience and that Tom can also play centre and he wanted to rest Dugan and Chambers (also Tom's hands were a bit iffy against France). But Tom might end up as the Kangaroos fullback within a year or so when Slater retires. There is also Boyd but I have to wonder if his international career is done?

Last edited:
Matty Wright tried hard like he always does. But bloody hell I have seen people with zimmer frames move faster.

Probably Val Holmes best game for Australia too, but at 800k. Would even Newcastle chase him for that much

Tom gets some hazing :p

23622281_1036404793169233_1547166025173903117_n.jpg

Was a great night at the footy, albeit a one sided result. Great crowd. Great weather. Some big shots out on the field from the Samoans but that was about it, never really troubling the Aussies in attack. A few of the players hung around after and did a lap and a few photos, which was a nice touch. Cooper Cronk kicked it off, Josh Maguire, Klemmer, Valentine Holmes, Woodsie, Jason T, Slater and Smith.
Hope the Top End put on a good show and it looked good on tele.
20171117_190129.jpg

20171117_190438.jpg

20171117_193624.jpg

Last edited:
What pains me is that last night could have happened at the Adelaide Oval if the SA Government gave a crap. But they (and Tasmania) were the only states who didn't put a bid in to host a game in the RLWC.

But well done to the NT Government for putting in a bid to host the game and putting on a good show.

Was a great night at the footy, albeit a one sided result. Great crowd. Great weather. Some big shots out on the field from the Samoans but that was about it, never really troubling the Aussies in attack. A few of the players hung around after and did a lap and a few photos, which was a nice touch. Cooper Cronk kicked it off, Josh Maguire, Klemmer, Valentine Holmes, Woodsie, Jason T, Slater and Smith.
Hope the Top End put on a good show and it looked good on tele.
Glad you had a great night. It looked a tad warm lol but the sell-out crowd did look good.

The Samoans tried to throw their weight around to no avail. Certainly a one-sided game and it was the Maroons show, again. At least it was a great spectacle for the Territorians.

Not sure who "Jason T" is? but they focused on Cronk doing the lap and signing autographs.

I watched the Jillaroos last night against the Cook Islands. Compared to the Australia/Samoa game SO much more entertaining even though it was also a blowout.

The thing about the women's game is that the women are not able to cover every inch of grass like the men can, so it is like 80's footy there are gaps everywhere, great runs, big fends, no wrestle I just love it.

Physically there is also a lot more variety so you have a real distinction between the forwards and the much smaller halves and backs which scamper around and aren't afraid to stop one of the big gals in their tracks. I think because the pace is slower they are less likely to get hurt.

Plus, I don't mind the fact there are some real cuties in there and I don't mind watching girls with ponytails playing a good game of footy.

I also like the fact that the referee calls them "ladies".

I'm a fan!. Expand the women's game!

NYEagle

I watched the Jillaroos last night against the Cook Islands. Compared to the Australia/Samoa game SO much more entertaining even though it was also a blowout.

The thing about the women's game is that the women are not able to cover every inch of grass like the men can, so it is like 80's footy there are gaps everywhere, great runs, big fends, no wrestle I just love it.

Physically there is also a lot more variety so you have a real distinction between the forwards and the much smaller halves and backs which scamper around and aren't afraid to stop one of the big gals in their tracks. I think because the pace is slower they are less likely to get hurt.

Plus, I don't mind the fact there are some real cuties in there and I don't mind watching girls with ponytails playing a good game of footy.

I also like the fact that the referee calls them "ladies".

I'm a fan!. Expand the women's game!

NYEagle
It's great to see proper tackling again.

I can't wait to see DCE's hairstyle next year. A bit of colour and a subtle wave will take his game to another level.

Just keep Buhrer away from his hair and the game will be way more exciting to watch.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10
10 5 5 -13 10