2016 Rumoured and confirmed signings.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From fox sports

TO PARTNER DCE?

We may be a step closer to answering the question of who will partner Daly Cherry-Evans in the Manly halves next season.

Former Penrith five-eighth Isaac John has signed a one-year-deal with the club, reuniting with former Panthers assistant turned Sea Eagles coach Trent Barrett.

One of John’s former Panthers teammates confirmed “he’s at Manly” when asked about it on Tuesday.

Would be nice if we could get some official word from Manly about these rumoured signings or not. Fabian Goodall, Willis Meehan, Addin Fonua-Blake, Halauafa Lavaka .....also Isaac John is he official?
Anymore out there?

Isaac John is official.

The rest are like the yeti. Maybe they exist. Maybe they don't.

Foxsport.com says Manly is trying to 'shop around to other clubs' further unwanted players including Lawrence and Mateo.

Daniel Vidot's WWE contract obviously didn't eventuate and he has signed with Salford.

When Dessie went to Bulldogs someone told me well before hand it was likely to happen. I laughed at them an said it will never happen but history tells a different story. Same source (or is that sauce?) tells me we are considering another signing ... wait for it .. it is a biggie .. and how big can you get .. as big as George Rose? Don't shot me I'm just the messenger

Well he is on the market. Looks like he has been in a good paddock though.

Cult figure George Rose hopes to be considered for the revamped NRL All Stars clash despite being clubless as he contemplates a switch to boxing.

Rose is contemplating his future following the expiry of his contract with St George Illawarra. The former Roosters, Sea Eagles, Storm and Dragons forward continues to play in Aboriginal knockout league tournaments, but it could be a different sort of knockout that he's involved in next year. The 32-year-old has been spending time helping out in his brother Matt's boxing promotion business, including re-launching the career of former footballer Solomon Haumono.

While Rose is keeping his playing options open, he admits stepping into the ring is something he is considering. "I haven't ruled it out," he said. "I've always been a big boxing fan so it's fun for me to help out and getting amongst it.

1447222652158.jpg

Options open: George Rose. Photo: Adam McLean

"I was thinking about it the other night what I might do next year. If I wasn't playing footy I'd miss the training aspect and the competitive aspect of sport at the elite level. I wouldn't rule out having a crack at it because it's very tough to do. It's just whether I'd find the balls to jump in the ring, I don't know if I've got them or not."

Advertisement
Rose said he wouldn't be looking to take on footballers-cum-boxers Paul Gallen or Sonny Bill Williams any time soon. "They are far more advanced than me," he said. "I'd like to find the meanest-looking bloke who can't throw a punch to make myself look good.

"I guess if I was going to take it serious I'd go for anything but those guys are more advanced than me, so I wouldn't be jumping into the ring with them straight away."

Rose is yet to decide whether to accept offers to continue playing league at the highest level or to retire from the NRL. However, he would like to participate in a revamped All Stars concept that will feature the Indigenous team taking on a World side comprising players from Australia, New Zealand, England and those with Pacific Island heritage.

"I've always loved playing in it, it's the game that got me through pre-season," he said. "I really love that game and I know if I'm not running around it would be hard to watch it and not be a part of it. I'd love to slot my head in on the website and try to get a few votes. I think there are rules around [qualification] but I'd love to be able to play that for the next 10 years.

"Having all the dominant rugby league nations involved is a great idea and it is the best way to open the season."

Rose, who spends considerable time volunteering in Indigenous communities, said he was keen to pass on his knowledge to the next generation of athletes.

"Having the length of career I've had and the experiences I've had - both the hard and easier ways - I'd love to help blokes make the right decisions in their career and help set them up for when they finish up," the 151-game veteran said.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...agons-exit-20151111-gkwgxy.html#ixzz3rEvTBjE3
Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook

There are reports St George Illawarra prop Russell Packer will be deported back to New Zealand immediately.
Radio 2UE host and former international John Gibbs went to air on Thursday night declaring the Dragons front-rower would be forced to leave the country due to his criminal past.

Im hearing buhrer to Newcastle & d walker to manly anyone else heard this hope it's not true about Jamie
I read Brenton Lawrence is the one that's going to make way for Walker. Linked to Knights and Tigers.

Brent Read tweeted "Manly still raging hot favourites to sign Walker for 2016 but at least two other clubs have been asked if they are interested."

If Manly don't offload a player I doubt Walker will be at Manly.

Did you actually hear about this or did you read it? If you read it could you send a link or photo please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4