2015 Rumoured and confirmed signings.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Status
Not open for further replies.
They released him yes we all knew that. Yes different scenarios still the same principle if you are going to pull an offer (DCE) and tell everyone that you have a plan B of international halves than you better produce them.

If you think the retention and so far recruitment has been anything but a shambles good luck to you. RTS 800 thousand a season yep he went home because he loves Auckland the only pull was money as it always is.
I don't think it was a shambles because regardless of what you think I don't think its smart playing 2.4mil for two halves. Give them a chance the ink hasn't even dried on forans deal. He's gone you need more than a few weeks to negotiate deals with other players. You just said RTS left for money. Do you think foran and cherry left for premierships? It was money mate. So we rebuild better than being on the hook for that much money.

Regardless of what I think? Bit arrogant I have never said pay any players 2.4 mil and if we go by Joe's figures he offered 1.8 mill 900k each. My opinion and you don't agree with it and that's fine. I would have offered DCE 1.2 (is that over's for what he is displaying now? yes) and we would have saved 600k on Joe's figures. It is a lot easier to rebuild with one established half (easier dell on getting players for re-build).

Now we have a average forward pack to build and a half and 5/8 so in the end it is going to take us longer but also (potentially) being more expensive attracting players without one established half.

Just my opinion.
You said it was mishandled? that implies you think they should have been signed. What's the alternative?

Did you watch the video of Kelly that @Berkeley_Eagle posted?

Agree with Desert Boot Kid in that replacing /upgrading both the forwards and the halves pairing is going to be more expensive and time consuming in the long run. Issue is though which of the halves would you have wanted to keep and made the play for...and is it wise to now pay overs to one of them to retain??

Ultimately I think that you need to look further back, it seems illogical that you would allow a situation to occur in that both of your halves could come off contract at the same time. As you're always going to find yourself in a situation you can't win from as there are only three options:

1. You pay overs to retain both;
2, You favour one more than the other and they end up going whilst alienating the other; or
3. We lose both

agree we should have paid dce 1.2 as it is a monumental task to rebuild both halves and a forward pack as Joe is finding. Unfortunately in this situation we just needed to pay overs to keep one of them. It is not acceptable to say we threw the kitchen sink at both of them etc and we missed both. We just needed to match the titans offer for dce. He is not worth 1.2 now but he will be in a few years. We could have built the team around him. The Gold Coast will be doing that instead of us now and they are over the moon.

agree we should have paid dce 1.2 as it is a monumental task to rebuild both halves and a forward pack as Joe is finding. Unfortunately in this situation we just needed to pay overs to keep one of them. It is not acceptable to say we threw the kitchen sink at both of them etc and we missed both. We just needed to match the titans offer for dce. He is not worth 1.2 now but he will be in a few years. We could have built the team around him. The Gold Coast will be doing that instead of us now and they are over the moon.

Many years ago, the American Baseball League had to take over.one of their clubs who were going broke.

When they did so, they then started acquiring players (aand good ones).

The rest of the competition went for conflict of interest.

Forget the teams and players, but I read it.

I hope this happens to the NRL as well.

What's this i here about sezer going to the raiders?
Mentioned on the news tonight that Sezer has rejected manly to sign an three year deal with the raiders.

BREAKING: @GCTitans gun Aiden Sezer agrees to three-year deal with @RaidersNRL, rejecting interest from @SeaEagles @7Sport @7NewsSydney

Looks like we now rank lower than the raiders for signing new players.

Raiders talking we are after Josh McCrone. Scraping the barrel if this is true.

Mentioned on the news tonight that Sezer has rejected manly to sign an three year deal with the raiders.

BREAKING: @GCTitans gun Aiden Sezer agrees to three-year deal with @RaidersNRL, rejecting interest from @SeaEagles @7Sport @7NewsSydney

Josh McCrone - that will do me!

If players are picking Canberra over us I'm very worried. Did they pay more? He wanted to return to Sydney ffs.
I'll bet the titans now re-sign Elgey.

We must have pulled back on him because in the running for carney!

We will now have to pay massive overs to even sign a half for next year. We should go back to dce with a revised offer to keep him.

Great news, Sezer was not the answer for us. And if McCrone is signed by Kelly he should be sacked immediately.

Who cares if we don't have Sezer, i know we are eagerly awaiting a signing to make us feel good but he isn't it

We will now have to pay massive overs to even sign a half for next year. We should go back to dce with a revised offer to keep him.

I thought Joe Kelly said they have no interest in going back to DCE so i think it won't be happening.

Hope the Elgey bit is true

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-04-09-19-55-22.png
    Screenshot_2015-04-09-19-55-22.png
    274 KB · Views: 40
Plan A has to be to offer cherry more. Especially if we do have a cheap, rookie by his side in Elgey the kid needs an experienced halves partner and lock on his side.

Plan B i think sezer would be good at Manly. Forget how he is currenlty playing at the titans, we know how foran can play as well but it isn't what he is producing currently either. Sezer can control a game very nicely and with some good halves coaches the kid could definately be the answer.

Plan C who ever left on the list Albert Kelly, Josh McCrone we can make good footballers, but who ever else it may be, I just could not support Todd Carney. Kelly can complete F..off if he signs the piss head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8