2015 Rumoured and confirmed signings.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sunday Telegraph page 53 Phil Rothfield......."Roosters Knight move"
There is obviously something happening behind the scenes that we are not privy too....again.

Talk that Gutherson wants to play only full back has me rather confused because he signed a contract earlier this year until 2017 and he did it at the same time Tom T. signed for that period. Now he would know that Tom is ear marked for full back, so why did he sign then. I suspect either someone has snuck in the back door and offered him big cash to play at Parra with an assured f/b position, an act that I thought was illegal under the rules of the code. Either that or Manly want Hopoate back to cover centre and are willing to sacrifice Gutherson. Something dirty afoot. And then there's the offer to Knight we assume from Easts. Is that legal given he's contracted to Manly until the end of 2016.
Parra have lost Reece Robinson to rugby Waratahs ( help them as he can't tackle ) but have got Michael Gordon, maybe there is a better chance for Gutho at Parra

Sick of bending over backwards for players who haven't established themselves, stay and earn the right. Or go for the dollars. Lock up the ones who want to play for manly.

Sick of bending over backwards for players who haven't established themselves, stay and earn the right. Or go for the dollars. Lock up the ones who want to play for manly.
These contracted Players are not asking for a release - they are being told that 'Manly is going in another direction' - Gutho, Pearsall, Matty, Mateo,Burgess all saying the same thing.:mad:

Last edited:
Yep. There needs to be an explanation of this.
Why would we sign a lot of ordinary players when it meant we had to shed a good local product who would have played a vital role in our 2016 season.
Without explanation do the guardians of our culture seriously expect us to renew our memberships?

He signed with us till the end of 2017, now given that he has supposedly signed with Parra for 2 yrs maybe he has been allowed to go with the option to return at the end of 2017 to give him FG opportunity. He won't get that at Manly until Snake, Lyon, Matai move on which coincidently is 2017 also. He is highly regarded as a local junior so he might have a similar 'handshake' agreement that MCK apprently has also.

2017 seems to be a big change over yr for our club with Old guard and new players.

If it means the $$ are offset for the next two yrs then ok. The only downside is that we could have another Hoppa situation where he goes backwards in development. If he had signed for Bulldogs, Roosters etc then i would be worried he is gone forever but it's Parra ppl, he will return

These contracted Players are not asking for a release - they are being told that 'Manly is going in another direction' - Gutho, Pearsall, Matty, Mateo all saying the same thing.:mad:

No not this particular player, I doubt he would have been told to look elsewhere. Even so, he hasn't done a thing in 1st grade yet. No great loss in my opinion.

No not this particular player, I doubt he would have been told to look elsewhere. Even so, he hasn't done a thing in 1st grade yet. No great loss in my opinion.
Watch the Fox piece.
Gutho says that he was asked to look elsewhere due to new Salary Cap pressure, created by Manly signing players based on Burgess,Matty and Mateo quitting their contracts.
Which they both refused to do so.@:cool:

I've been watching Gutho since his NYC days and he excels at all levels and league skills.
Gutho has even captained his state :nod:

Huge loss of local talent,:mad:

Last edited:
It pisses me off that we have become a feeder club to the slugs, they are our most despised enemy. I hate the thought of our best local juniors playing against us, what the hell Bozo and the rest of the idiots running the club are up too is beyond me, there's an air of secrecy and the members are being treated like d*ckheads.

They would be in the 2nd tier salary cap - where as the cap pressure and Gutherson are in the NRL Cap.

Should Ballin have walked instead?

Why on earth would we tap Gutherson! plenty of other deadwood players. He is one of the future stars
It is very disappointing especially when the reasoning behind Bozo coming back to Manly was to look after the junior development as he hated seeing the club lose its good juniors.

I don't know what to believe now and it doesn't give any confidence to the other good juniors here at the club when Gutho a well publicised local junior who has been with the club since he was 14, played all his local footy at Manly ( Cromer being his local team ) to then get a tap on the shoulder and say your not wanted
Thats not to mention u20s Will Pearsall who has been told he is not wanted, has been with the club since Harold Matts as well as Riley Travers who is going to Souths.
We have also lost quality players in Rumored at this stage Liam Knight ( Roosters ) has been with Manly since Harold Matts and another 2 local juniors who like Gutho have played their junior footy in the Manly area Joey Lussick played for Beacon Hill, now with the Roosters and Australian schoolboy Charlie Taylor played for Mona Vale Raiders ( the same club as Tom and Jake ) now with the Roosters and with rumors to have the Tigers chasing him
What the hell is going on at our club, when we have to ditch our good quality juniors when Manly has spent plenty of $$$$ over the years to develop them and then turn around and buy very Ordinary Players from other clubs, who they don't even want ..doesn't make sense !

We have been the most successful team the past 10 years and are paying for Des and his backended contracts. When we see Charlie Taylor running riot in first grade and Joey Lussick who I read is unwanted then we have a problem. Chee Kam was bought and it didn't work out. We have Brett, Jorge, Matai, Lyon and Hiku plus TT , the Tank and Ramien. We are fine with outside backs. If Gutho kicks on (and I am not that sure) then we will have money there in 2 years as Matai, Lyon and Brett will be leaving.

Never saw much with Travers and Pearsall so if they are that good they will be snapped up (Like Roosters with Liam)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10