2015 Rumoured and confirmed signings.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One is a forward the other is a back

We could have kept both and play Gutho at 5/8 which we need and not buy the other crap the club has bought, discarded by other clubs because they are No good and that way you are keeping a local kid
We have kept Snake Lyon Matai Hiku Taufua Tom Turbo .... But to some on here as soon as we lose Gutho our season is over

How long do you think those players will be here for ?
We are letting go an Australian rep junior. How many of those do you get every year.
He also would be the best goal kicker we have had for a while.
Lyon is not a top kicker and has missed important kicks under pressure. You need a Maloney ......we just got rid of ours.
Moltzen, Green etc for Gutho...........??

We have kept Snake Lyon Matai Hiku Taufua Tom Turbo .... But to some on here as soon as we lose Gutho our season is over
We can't keep everyone, I know that, but we don't have a proper 5/8 and Gutho could have filled that roll and its not a case 'we lose Gutho and our season is over'. People that live in the Manly Territory on the Northern Beaches are not happy to see another local junior gone, especially when Bozo was brought into the club to look after the good juniors and keep them here. You can't believe anything now, lets see if they are telling Porky Pies about Knight as well not leaving

We can't keep everyone, I know that, but we don't have a proper 5/8 and Gutho could have filled that roll and its not a case 'we lose Gutho and our season is over'. People that live in the Manly Territory on the Northern Beaches are not happy to see another local junior gone, especially when Bozo was brought into the club to look after the good juniors and keep them here. You can't believe anything now, lets see if they are telling Porky Pies about Knight as well not leaving
Gutho is a fullback centre wing He is not a 5/8 . He never filled in as a 5/8 for us he only was used in the backline for good reason

Gutho is a fullback centre wing He is not a 5/8 . He never filled in as a 5/8 for us he only was used in the backline for good reason
He played plenty of 5/8 in 20s and in Cup. I watched him play and had some good games playing there and he can kick goals

Chose a random year 2010

Lachlan Burr
Paul Carter
Michael Chee-Kam
Cameron Cullen
Matthew Eisenhuth
Anthony Gadd
Jacob Gagan
Christopher Grevsmuhl
Matthew Groat
Sam Irwin
Trent Jennings
David Klemmer
Gerard McCallum
Tautau Moga
David Nofoaluma
Luke Pickerd
Chad Redman
Iain Riccardi
Harry Siejka
James Tedesco
Vaipuna Tia kilifi
Francis Veukiso
Henare Wells
Jack Wighton

Now while some recognisable names are here, certainly it's not a list of superstars - schoolboy and Jnr excellence does not translate to Snr honors. Not all go on and not all can be kept, if indeed TT is in front of Gutho in his own club, we'll surely that tells us all something, Jnr rep and all!

Gutho is 21and for 2 years he didn't play 5/8 in NSW cup as the average LittleJohn was preferred over him in that position and that says it all

Never played 5/8 !!! My Feathered Friend
ROUND 3 NSW CUP TEAM LIST

MANLY WARRINGAH SEA EAGLES v WENTWORTHVILLE MAGPIES

Sun 23rd March 2014, Brookvale Oval

NSW Cup Kick off: 12:45pm

1. Matt Ikuvalu

2. Domenic Reardon

3. Delroy Berryman

4. Tony Satini

5. Mark O’Dare

6. Clinton Gutherson

7. Masada Iosefa

8. Ligi Sao

9. Jayden Hodges

10. Tyson Andrews

11. Daniel Harrison :angel:

12. Santana Palmer

13. Jake Trbojevic

NSW CUP - Round 15 - Sea Eagles Team List to take on the Cronulla Sharks at Remondis Stadium at 5:15 PM on Saturday (21st of June):

1. DAVID WILLIAMS
2. DELROY BERRYMAN
3. TONY SATINI
4. DOMENIC REARDON
5. JAYDEN HORO
6. CLINTON GUTHERSON
7. MASADA IOSEFA
8. LIGI SAO
9. JAYDEN HODGES
10. TYSON ANDREWS
11. JAMIL HOPOATE
12. MICHAEL CHEE KAM
13. DANIEL HARRISON

15. SANTANA PALMER
16. DYLAN KELLY
17. EPALAHAME LAUAKI
18. JAKE TRBOJEVIC

Last edited:
Gutherson is a loss and a dumbass move by our so called brains trust.

The fact they have let him go to our arch enemy is even worse.

Speed and goal kicking are a must for any team and he has those. Plus he has represented NSW and Australia all the way through his junior years.

Letting go one of our future stars is ridiculous and I can see it biting us in the arse.

Parra will be a top 8 contender next year. Apart from radradra, they had no backline threats. They now have another and we gave him away!

Fulton is a legend of the game and club and one of my all time heroes but I think he and the Penns have stuffed up repeatedly the last few months.

Giving away Gutherson is another example of that.

I suppose Liam Knight will be next......

Never played 5/8 !!! My Feathered Friend
ROUND 3 NSW CUP TEAM LIST

MANLY WARRINGAH SEA EAGLES v WENTWORTHVILLE MAGPIES

Sun 23rd March 2014, Brookvale Oval

NSW Cup Kick off: 12:45pm

1. Matt Ikuvalu

2. Domenic Reardon

3. Delroy Berryman

4. Tony Satini

5. Mark O’Dare

6. Clinton Gutherson

7. Masada Iosefa

8. Ligi Sao

9. Jayden Hodges

10. Tyson Andrews

11. Daniel Harrison :angel:

12. Santana Palmer

13. Jake Trbojevic

NSW CUP - Round 15 - Sea Eagles Team List to take on the Cronulla Sharks at Remondis Stadium at 5:15 PM on Saturday (21st of June):

1. DAVID WILLIAMS
2. DELROY BERRYMAN
3. TONY SATINI
4. DOMENIC REARDON
5. JAYDEN HORO
6. CLINTON GUTHERSON
7. MASADA IOSEFA
8. LIGI SAO
9. JAYDEN HODGES
10. TYSON ANDREWS
11. JAMIL HOPOATE
12. MICHAEL CHEE KAM
13. DANIEL HARRISON

15. SANTANA PALMER
16. DYLAN KELLY
17. EPALAHAME LAUAKI
18. JAKE TRBOJEVIC
This only proves one thing and that is that he was ONLY a fill in for the average Littlejohn who was unavailable to play in those games feathered friend :)

Who would you have rather kept feathered friend Gutho recovering from a serious ACL or the best young back in the NRL Tom Turbo ?
We have kept the best .
Bennett lost young guns Parcell and Ashley Taylor . No one can keep them all .
Unless we see what transpires on the field in 2016 we cant make any valid assessment on Bozo and his so called clowns
I would have expected the new coach to at least wait until all positions in the backline were cemented, the kid was signed til the end of 2017, if it were me I'd have trialled as many combinations as possible to determine who I would settle on before opening the door for our promising juniors to leave, just my opinion.

I would have expected the new coach to at least wait until all positions in the backline were cemented, the kid was signed til the end of 2017, if it were me I'd have trialled as many combinations as possible to determine who I would settle on before opening the door for our promising juniors to leave, just my opinion.
Time will tell if Barrett made the right calls and when Gutho comes back after the season ending ACL injury and lives up to his potential

Yep, only Klemmer, Tedesco and Wighton are what you would call stars on that list ( and even then some will debate that ) with half 1st graders and another half again fringe.

Yep, only Klemmer, Tedesco and Wighton are what you would call stars on that list ( and even then some will debate that ) with half 1st graders and another half again fringe.
Right on Stu, Gutho has done nothing in NRL yet. Tom already has and that's why we chose him. If he is that good in 2 years which I doubt, we can get him back. It will take 2 years to lose the older three with their contracts.

I hate to PISS on everyone's parade, Carney has announced a new three year deal which will keep him at Catalans for a further three years.

Further, the Broncos are in negotiations with Milford to extend his stay beyond 2017. Hoping to arrange a lifetime deal in the vicinity of $1 mil a season.

I haven't been very up to date with player movements lately, but if we are actually losing gutho and bringing in will hoppa i am going to be filthy

I'm beginning to wonder how much importance TB is placing on the 5/8 position. The modern approach to coaching shows a proclivity for a structured team on the field where the 7 controls one half of the field and the 6 the other half. TB is already on the record as saying he wants to use DCE on both sides giving him the freedom to play what's in front of him - a la Johnathon Thurston. A fast, quick thinking dummy half and a solid backup kicker in general play is all he'll need. Thurston has this kind of support. The big question is will we.

Of course the elephant in the room is that Thurston also works off the back of plenty of go-forward from his pack.

I'm beginning to wonder how much importance TB is placing on the 5/8 position. The modern approach to coaching shows a proclivity for a structured team on the field where the 7 controls one half of the field and the 6 the other half. TB is already on the record as saying he wants to use DCE on both sides giving him the freedom to play what's in front of him - a la Johnathon Thurston. A fast, quick thinking dummy half and a solid backup kicker in general play is all he'll need. Thurston has this kind of support. The big question is will we.

Of course the elephant in the room is that Thurston also works off the back of plenty of go-forward from his pack.
The Walker Brothers proved with Ipswich that you can win "playing what's in front of you". I'm all for a more unstructured approach. Why, we might even uncover an instinctive gem like Cliffy!

Cowboys also have a pretty decent 5/8 in Morgan. Solid defender, and great ball runner. Other 5/8 in the comp that do a similar role that would be ideal at Manly are Jack Bird, Maloney, Seizer, Townsend, Austin, Norman, etc. Of course, most of these have recently signed elsewhere except for bird, which could be an option if he is forced out of his favored 5/8 position and wants to look elsewhere.

Manly might look to the young rugby recruit Tom as a ball running type player to compliment DCE. If Daley is going to play the roaming role, which i think would be great, still need that all important second kick option. And i good solid defender at 5/8 is ideal. Interesting to see what TB goes with. Will just have to wait til next years trials to get an idea. Hope all the players have a real good successful off season, get over the injuries, get fit, bond and hit 2016 running

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8