2015 Rumoured and confirmed signings.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
Another rumour, but this is from one of the same sources suggesting Nathan Brown was replacing Toovey, so take it with big question marks. Manly to announce the signing of three forwards next week. Lets see if they can get that one right.

the mauler

Bencher
Another rumour, but this is from one of the same sources suggesting Nathan Brown was replacing Toovey, so take it with big question marks. Manly to announce the signing of three forwards next week. Lets see if they can get that one right.
If this rumour is also BS, it's hibernation for you Bear!!

Last edited:

The Who

Journey Man
They have Latrell Mitchell who is the best junior star coming through and a fullback. Roosters went after big time most team's best kids a few years ago ala Charlie Taylor from us and Hastings from Dragons with huge deals.
How does this work? Is there a salary cap on junior players? It seems that Easts buy all the best juniors and is able to keep them for years - somehow within the cap.

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
Hey Mauler, I'm just spreading the news. Dont kill the messenger. The Brown rumour came from three different sources. But you're right. Maybe I should take a pill and have a nice lie down.

tookey

First Grader
I would have thought that the club would have had the signing of a new half back and 5/8 as the immediate priority

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
Young Elgey from the Gold Coast has been made an offer by Manly larger than his club has made and is visiting Manly this week I understand to get a feel for the place. He's apparently an outstanding half back talent if we can get him. We may even have the better of the deal, cheaper and perhaps as talented as DCE

SeaEagle21

Bencher
Premium Member
It might be just me but i can't get myself excited for T Burgess, Elgey, Maloney etc as we are only into Rd 6 of 2015 lol

tookey

First Grader
A big no to Maloney as he is a turnstyle in defence.

He has stated numerous times that his preference is to stay with the roosters and will only be coming here for the money not because he wants to be here

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
A big no to Maloney as he is a turnstyle in defence.

He has stated numerous times that his preference is to stay with the roosters and will only be coming here for the money not because he wants to be here
Money is the biggest motive for most players and not just Maloney . Show players the money and they will be loyal to you

tookey

First Grader
Money is the biggest motive for most players and not just Maloney . Show players the money and they will be loyal to you
Certainly money is the prime motivation for players of Maloney's age (Watmough is a prime example) and that is why I think we would be better off signing a younger player like Sezer who is also motivated by the chance to win a premiership and play for a successful club and not just money to top up his superannuation.

Darren

Bencher
How does this work? Is there a salary cap on junior players? It seems that Easts buy all the best juniors and is able to keep them for years - somehow within the cap.
No salary cap I believe, I did hear from someone in the know that Roosters have changed their policy to buying the cream. Looking at their current results in matts and ball they are struggling as they used to load up with strong players from elsewhere but I heard they have gone to "top shelf" junior superstars and patient to wait until they are ready for 20's/1st grade. eg Latrell Mitchell, Sheck's younger brother, Charlie Taylor from us, Joey Lussick, Jackson Hastings, and 1st graders now, Cordner, Willie Meehan and Kane Evans.

Remi

Reserve Grader
No salary cap I believe, I did hear from someone in the know that Roosters have changed their policy to buying the cream. Looking at their current results in matts and ball they are struggling as they used to load up with strong players from elsewhere but I heard they have gone to "top shelf" junior superstars and patient to wait until they are ready for 20's/1st grade. eg Latrell Mitchell, Sheck's younger brother, Charlie Taylor from us, Joey Lussick, Jackson Hastings, and 1st graders now, Cordner, Willie Meehan and Kane Evans.

Interesting as well rumors a big shake up in the backline .. Tupou ( souths / parramatta ), Kenny Dowall ( England ), Jennings ( Penrith ), Maloney ( ??? ) and Roger TS ( Warriors )
Could be a lot of positions available now for these kids. I think the Roosters have big plans in place for youth and save some $$$$ in the meantime as well. We could have used these kids here.

tookey

First Grader
Roger TS and his brother are both said to be going to the warriors next year. Expensive investment for the roosters

Ryan

Journey Man
RLW reporting we are one of 4 clubs looking at Wicks

We should get Carney, Myles, Bird, Wicks & Ferguson. Also see if we can grab Barba for The Eagles Angels. Bring in Craig Field as coach, and Andrew Walker as back-up.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Don't forget Russell Packer. We could have our own "Longest Yard" team

HappilyManly

Journey Man
The Warriors have announced fullback Sam Tomkins will be granted an early release from his contract to return to England, while also confirming Kiwi international Roger Tuivasa-Sheck has signed a three-year deal at the club from next season.

Warriors coach Andrew McFadden was elated about snaring Sydney Roosters star Tuivasa-Sheck.

"He's a wonderful talent and a fantastic signing," he said.

"He's still only 21 and has already made a real mark in the NRL and also for the Kiwis. To be able to bring a New Zealander back to our club from Australia is massive for us."

Ryan

Journey Man
The Warriors have announced fullback Sam Tomkins will be granted an early release from his contract to return to England, while also confirming Kiwi international Roger Tuivasa-Sheck has signed a three-year deal at the club from next season.

Warriors coach Andrew McFadden was elated about snaring Sydney Roosters star Tuivasa-Sheck.

"He's a wonderful talent and a fantastic signing," he said.

"He's still only 21 and has already made a real mark in the NRL and also for the Kiwis. To be able to bring a New Zealander back to our club from Australia is massive for us."

Must have gone to Coles and bought bigger brown paper bags than the Roosters have on supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
12 9 3 83 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
13 7 6 133 16