2014 State of Origin 2

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Rusty Cage said:
That is the beauty of origin. It may be beautiful, or it may be messy and dirty sometimes, however the passion of your state, whoever you barrack for, makes it a Cinderella story every year.

You are talking about Origin? Right?

Great atmosphere, great result :D

WTF JT attack on Grubby :huh:

Choc will get a few weeks rest courtesy of the Judiciary, otherwise he will kill himself :angel:

Sid was OK as a deputy to old man JT :)
Coaltrain threw his perfect pass to the linesman, made Sid's effort null and void :dodgy:

One of the loudest cheers was for Tate ripping his knee off :p Bloodsports can be fun :sleepy:

Suck it Pearce :p

Great win but a hell of a boring game to watch. Hopefully game 3 will be a better spectacle to watch and NSW can take out the series 3 nil :D

It's going to be very quiet in the media up here tomorrow. All of their gloating and smugness will be nowhere to be seen :D

FlyingHigh said:
DCE looked a lot better than I was imagining.

It was probably just a smoke screen from QLD that he was in doubt
icon_rolleyes.gif

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

ole ole le ole we won we won we won we won i am sooooooooooooooo drunk

Masterful game plan from Hodkinson. Crab sideways for 70 mins, pass well before the line, never run, never trouble the defence. Then when they least expect it jog straight at 1st receiver. TRY!

Just watching the replay with my bro...The game's no better in the sober light of day. A bit worse if anything.

The constant niggle and handbags at two paces is embarrassing (for our game).

Not advocating punching but if the boys could've sorted out any early differences and animosities like men, a game of footy may have broken out!

The only good thing was the result (for NSW fans).

But in that context, Hoffman was enormous. Gallen,Bird and Beau Scott were born for this type of footy too. And I should add, Luke Lewis' energy was telling when he was on.

I just hope they don't get steamrolled in Game 3 up there; because you just know QLD will claim moral victory if they do.

They are evenly matched Teams, so naturally they would cancel each other out.

But the 84k Blues Supporters got them home :)

It was exciting live - and the emotion doesn't translate to 2D TV, let alone the droning Nein commentary - or the beer showers for that matter :p

Congratulations to the long suffering Blues Teams/Coaches and Supporters :angel:

At least the Foxtel replay's in HD, HM!

Would've been colossally different and better being there.

Just hope it's not another 8 long years until another NSW series win!

Personally I think Qld's biggest mistake was reigning in Cherry and having him play basically third fiddle behind Thurston and Scam Smith. When he got the ball last night and ran with it he looked far more dangerous. Unfortunately though it seemed like he was basically told to let JT and Smith do most of the play making and he was forced to play catch and pass football for most of last night.

DCE is a much more dangerous player when he's the one running things out there. If Qld had let him do so he could have torn NSW to pieces.

HoldenV8 said:
Personally I think Qld's biggest mistake was reigning in Cherry and having him play basically third fiddle behind Thurston and Scam Smith. When he got the ball last night and ran with it he looked far more dangerous. Unfortunately though it seemed like he was basically told to let JT and Smith do most of the play making and he was forced to play catch and pass football for most of last night.
DCE is a much more dangerous player when he's the one running things out there. If Qld had let him do so he could have torn NSW to pieces.
. . . if fully fit. But as things were, he was a target for Farrah's hits.

i just woke up on the kitchen floor.....so I assumed we won

#dont feel well

Mals said:
globaleagle said:
i just woke up on the kitchen floor.....so I assumed we won

#dont feel well
Did Hat kick you out of bed again?

lol, i dunno (hat is a nswelshman - so probably)....but the dog was in the bed somehow!!?!?!?!

EagleFromMay1967 said:
HoldenV8 said:

Even a half-fit Cherry could have torn NSW apart last night if he was allowed to. But as usual Qld directed 95% of their play through Thurston and Smith and that finally hurt them. Qld may have actually been the better team on the night despite the final score, but in a lot of ways they were out-smarted by the Blues.

As for Farah's hits on DCE....he didn't take a backward step and kept getting up like it didn't phase him (might have been different if Farah targeted his knee but to his credit Robbie was aiming up around the shoulders and didn't try to make the injury worse). Cherry is one tough kid and I for one am glad he plays his club footy in maroon and white.

HoldenV8 said:
EagleFromMay1967 said:
HoldenV8 said:
Even a half-fit Cherry could have torn NSW apart last night if he was allowed to. But as usual Qld directed 95% of their play through Thurston and Smith and that finally hurt them. Qld may have actually been the better team on the night despite the final score, but in a lot of ways they were out-smarted by the Blues.

As for Farah's hits on DCE....he didn't take a backward step and kept getting up like it didn't phase him (might have been different if Farah targeted his knee but to his credit Robbie was aiming up around the shoulders and didn't try to make the injury worse). Cherry is one tough kid and I for one am glad he plays his club footy in maroon and white.
Robbie Farah has never been a scummy style of forward. He's just not big enough.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6