2014 State of Origin 2

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
BLUES

1. Jarryd Hayne (Eels)

2. Will Hopoate (Eels)

3. Josh Dugan (St George-Illawarra Dragons)

4. Michael Jennings (Roosters)

5. Daniel Tupou (Roosters)

6. Josh Reynolds (Bulldogs)

7. Trent Hodkinson (Bulldogs)

8. Aaron Woods (Wests Tigers)

9. Robbie Farah (Wests Tigers)

10. Paul Gallen (c) (Sharks)

11. Ryan Hoffman (Storm)

12. Beau Scott (Knights)

13. Greg Bird (Titans)

Interchange:

14. James Tamou (Cowboys)

15. Anthony Watmough (Sea Eagles)

16. Luke Lewis (Sharks)

17. Trent Merrin (St George-Illawara Dragons)

T-ex is goooorne :sleepy:

Full Queensland team for 2014 State of Origin Game 2:
Darius Boyd,
Will Chambers,
Daly Cherry-Evans,
Matt Gillett,
Aidan Guerra,
Justin Hodges,
Ben Hunt,
Greg Inglis,
Jacob Lillyman,
Chris McQueen,
Anthony Milford,
Nate Myles,
Corey Parker,
Matt Scott,
Billy Slater,
Cameron Smith,
Brent Tate,
Ben Te’o,
Sam Thaiday,
Johnathan Thurston,
Willie Tonga

RE: SOO 2

A lot of people are harping on about Dugan's defence, but it wouldn't surprise me if you see Hayne defend in the centres and in attack he will go to fullback.

the dogs get t-rex back for the weekend. And what's more...they seem to be happy about it.

A fast rise for the returning hoppa. Has he been playing that well?

I thought maybe pat richards would get a go. Big, experienced, can kick a mile in 500 different ways...

So happy that we only have two in origin. This could be the best origin in years come grand final night.

Great to see we've picked 17 not half the NRL players but the Morrises are a big loss. GO BLUES

mickqld said:
but the Morrises are a big loss.

Absolutely Mick. This makes me more more nervous than anything else. I'd prefer Qld at full strength with the Morrises back in for us I think. Not convinced of Dugan at centre. I hate trying to 'fit' players in that aren't in their normal position. He's only been playing centre for 5 minutes & you tend to get found out when you do this sort of thing in SOO.

I'd like to see Crocker (spelling?) from the Raiders get a go at centre. He may have been down a little on the weekend, but they all were. (Bloody Ricky will ruin that kid). Dugan played well at centre on the weekend, but it was a pretty one way match. Not convinced he is the best option.

Crocker is the single worst defender I have ever seen in the NRL.

Anyone know how to check most missed tackles on the NRL site?? He will be at the top by a long way.

Croker has another massive problem, he doesn't pass the ball, he is the biggest hog in the NRL. If you were to put him in then the winger outside of him would get absolutely no ball.

Can't tackle
Can't pass

Edit: Won't pass

Ralphie said:
Croker has another massive problem, he doesn't pass the ball, he is the biggest hog in the NRL. If you were to put him in then the winger outside of him would get absolutely no ball.

Can't tackle
Can't pass

Edit: Won't pass

That's very true, I will go one further. His goal kicking goes to water when there is any pressure on.

Not sure about Dugan, he stepped up (was it last year? year before) and played well, but again not at centre. I just hope Inglis isn't playing opposite him, because that worries me. Josh Morris's defence on GI has been extraordinary in the last series or two, and he has really kept him quiet.

Having said that I'm glad we picked an attacking player and not a Beau Scott defensive player to just play safe. I don't think that bodes well. Happy to see Daley looking to not only contain them, but score points. We can't go to Sydney with a negative/containment attitude (IMO), we've done that before and QLD have blown us away. And don't go there thinking we have a 2nd chance, it really needs to be all out desperation in Sydney to win.....leave it to Lang Park and we are in big trouble.

NSW by 7.

Hmmm. JMoz defence will be missed. Dugan was probably our best player in last years series, but not at centre. I'm not sure one NRL game against the useless Sharks makes him a SOO class centre. They will no doubt assign Beau Scott as his shadow to do all the defence, like Carrol and Lockyer did for years. Anyway we'll see how that works out next Wednesday I suppose.

Hoppa on wing will cover BMoz without too many dramas, so we don't lose much there.

Bird for T-Rex is a big plus for us. Bird has consistently been one of NSW's best over the last 6 or so years.

The Morons are busted up and without Slater and Cronk they are much weaker. Inglis has to be struggling, as does Smith. But I suppose you write them off at your peril.

The question remains, can NSW put in another defensive effort like Game 1 and can Jarred Hayne deliver another single handed match winning performance ? Looking forward to it.

HappilyManly said:
Loz is building for the future, so Ritchards was never a contender.

I'd rather he build for a win.

In the last 8 or so years I've heard:

Team based on club performance...
Team based on incumbency.....
Team to stop Qld....
Team for the future.....

So yup, I'd like a team for a series win!

Under-fire referees Shayne Hayne and Ben Cummins have retained their spots and will control Origin game two despite NSW officials being furious with their game one performance.

Blues coach Laurie Daley was particularly frustrated by Hayne's performance and sought a meeting with referees boss Tony Archer to ask for a please explain. The Blues camp believe a stack of calls went to the home team towards the end of the game, but Queensland were supportive of the referees' performances.

Archer said the pair handled the opening game "well".

“They are our most experienced referees at Origin level and, given the importance of the game, they are best placed to handle the match," Archer said.

:mad:
Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/state-of-origin/referees-shayne-hayne-and-ben-cummins-will-stay-in-charge-for-state-of-origin-game-two-20140610-zs374.html#ixzz34H212UeO

Hoppa should go well but I too am not sure one game there against an almost non-existent Sharks defence makes Dugan a SoO class centre. Even though Hayne's best position is obviously FB and he was THE standout performer in Game 1, if they were going to chose Dugan he should have been at FB with Hayne moved to the centres like he was at the WC. At a pinch Dugan can also kick goals so I guess that's in his favour.

Truth be told they'd have probably preferred Killer instead of Dugan, but our captain has stuck to his word and doesn't want to play any more rep footy. Bad for NSW, good for Manly :D

Unfortunately for Pat Richards, he's 32 and not 22. No matter how well he's playing right now for the Tigers I doubt he'll ever get picked for Origin. He wasn't even selected for City vs Country this year even though he was arguably the best performing winger in the NRL at the time.

Overall though, I think its a good NSW team for Game 2. I guess it all depends on how Slater, Inglis and DCE are with their injuries as to what Qld's chances are. DCE showed in 7 minutes on Friday night that he is capable of tearing any side apart. He did more in those 7 minutes on one leg than either Hodkinson or Reynolds did in 80 minutes, and he did that in front of the NSW coach. Hodkinson's best effort seemed to be putting up a mid-field bomb and seeing which spectator on the hill could catch it, while I was left wondering after the game if Reynolds had actually played.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6